Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Flint Signs For Cardiff


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I don't normally get pissy about ex players but what a **** going to that shower of sh!te. 

Leaving somewhere that didn't want him for somewhere that did. Yeah, what a dick... 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised if Neil Warnock starts Flint up front in some or even all the games.  He's got a phenomenal goal scoring record for a centre back in league 1 and the championship goal scoring stats with us were decent.  If he starts most matches up front with a manager who plays route one football then Flint could turn into one of those elusive 15 to 20 goals a season striker. 

That said, we may have got the best years out of him as I thought he would score more as centre back for Middlesborough given Pulis adopts a style that should also have played to Flint's strengths.   He got just the one goal and one assist last season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Aipearcey said:

Tomlinson currently playing with the academy team isn’t he?

Yes, but In shape though, apparently. Couldn't go with the rest of squad as he was refused a US Visa along with Madine.

Warnock has been known to get the best out of players with shall we say an interesting attitude though, albeit how often I don't know. Good example would be Taarabt.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Goals conceded:

 

2017/18 (with Flint): 58

2018/19 (without Flint): 53

 

I make that an improvement of five goals conceded. Over 46 games.

When Kalas and Webster had Niki or Frank beind them, they were generally solid; with Max for eleven games in the crucial run in from March, it was 15 conceded in 11 games, and just one clean sheet. That is a worse games/goals conceded than Flint and co over 46 games in 2017/18. Statistically worse than Flint and co in 17/18.

Ah yes, but they had rookie Max behind them, you say. Fair point.

But Kalas and Webster have not been asked to play here alongside, amongst others, Derrick Williams, Luke Ayling, Mark Little, RO'D, that crocked Swede, Korey at right back, the generally thought to be "not a full back/defender" and like Ayling "much happier in the other half" Joe "I'll be back in the left back position I vacated some moments ago just as soon as I can be bothered" Bryan, 

Unlike Flint, Kalas and Webster were not called upon to defend here in the chaos and disarray of Aug to February 2015/16; the chaos, disarray and toxicity of Lee Tomlin, post him signing permanently; the shambles of Diony/Kent Jan to May 2018. Non of this Flint's responsibility, all of it arguably impacted on the ability of the team to perform and stop the opposition scoring goals.

Until we can see Flint and Webster here together and Kalas alone (with Derrick Williams and Mark Little and Richard O'Donnell and a crocked Swede bound for the knackers yard. Oh, and Adam bloody Matthews) amongst the wreckage that was Bristol City FC in the Championship under Cotts, or Flint/Kalas and Webster trying to hold back the tide with modest support/minus Kalas (and a proper keeper; and a left back, generally where left backs should be), I don't see that we are comparing like with like.

We can have our opinions, but the crude numbers are 58/53. 

 

Yep the numbers prove kalas and webster are just better

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Goals conceded:

 

2017/18 (with Flint): 58

2018/19 (without Flint): 53

 

I make that an improvement of five goals conceded. Over 46 games.

When Kalas and Webster had Niki or Frank beind them, they were generally solid; with Max for eleven games in the crucial run in from March, it was 15 conceded in 11 games, and just one clean sheet. That is a worse games/goals conceded than Flint and co over 46 games in 2017/18. Statistically worse than Flint and co in 17/18.

Ah yes, but they had rookie Max behind them, you say. Fair point.

But Kalas and Webster have not been asked to play here alongside, amongst others, Derrick Williams, Luke Ayling, Mark Little, RO'D, that crocked Swede, Korey at right back, the generally thought to be "not a full back/defender" and like Ayling "much happier in the other half" Joe "I'll be back in the left back position I vacated some moments ago just as soon as I can be bothered" Bryan, 

Unlike Flint, Kalas and Webster were not called upon to defend here in the chaos and disarray of Aug to February 2015/16; the chaos, disarray and toxicity of Lee Tomlin, post him signing permanently; the shambles of Diony/Kent Jan to May 2018. Non of this Flint's responsibility, all of it arguably impacted on the ability of the team to perform and stop the opposition scoring goals.

Until we can see Flint and Webster here together and Kalas alone (with Derrick Williams and Mark Little and Richard O'Donnell and a crocked Swede bound for the knackers yard. Oh, and Adam bloody Matthews) amongst the wreckage that was Bristol City FC in the Championship under Cotts, or Flint/Kalas and Webster trying to hold back the tide with modest support/minus Kalas (and a proper keeper; and a left back, generally where left backs should be), I don't see that we are comparing like with like.

We can have our opinions, but the crude numbers are 58/53. 

 

How many did we score during the same period ? Our GD got worse . What a stupid comparison and waste of time . Why Are people trying to suggest Flint wasn’t very good , he left , he was mega for us in many  ways , we would have gone back to L’1 without him . He would play exceptionally well with Webster too . But he left , on a great basis . Why make idiotic comments to try and degrade one of the best servants this club has had. No need . There are 100 s of useless players we had over the years you can do that to if you need that release . 

Focus on the future . 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes, but In shape though, apparently. Couldn't go with the rest of squad as he was refused a US Visa along with Madine.

Warnock has been known to get the best out of players with shall we say an interesting attitude though, albeit how often I don't know. Good example would be Taarabt.

Is that true?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Completely agree.

He shouldn't earn a living, pay his mortgage or eat because he once played for us...

What a strange thing you say.

Mortgage?????

they don’t need mortgages. A current city player bought my sisters house earlier this year for cash.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Is that true?

They seem very particular in the US, neurotic even when it comes to Visas even for minor misdemeanours it seems.

Dunno what Tomlin was in trouble for- eating over and above the limits of an all you can eat restaurant perhaps and it deemed theft? 😀 Madine IIRC was in trouble in past, can't remember what.

Yeah though they seem quite paranoid about these things.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They seem very particular in the US, neurotic even when it comes to Visas even for minor misdemeanours it seems.

Dunno what Tomlin was in trouble for- eating over and above the limits of an all you can eat restaurant perhaps and it deemed theft? 😀 Madine IIRC was in trouble in past, can't remember what.

Yeah though they seem quite paranoid about these things.

Tomlin was in court not so long ago for gbh and was found guilty?

they don’t normally let you into America if you have a criminal record

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They seem very particular in the US, neurotic even when it comes to Visas even for minor misdemeanours it seems.

Dunno what Tomlin was in trouble for- eating over and above the limits of an all you can eat restaurant perhaps and it deemed theft? 😀 Madine IIRC was in trouble in past, can't remember what.

Yeah though they seem quite paranoid about these things.

I am aware the US are strict, verging paranoid, concerning entry/visas - I have family members who have been refused entry for having travelled via New Zealand twice within two years! - but I wasn't aware that Tomlin had actually been refused a visa - presumably due to his recent conviction for 'assault'?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Tomlin was in court not so long ago for gbh and was found guilty?

they don’t normally let you into America if you have a criminal record

Okay gbh is pretty serious granted.

They do though- rightly or wrongly- have a rep of being quite neurotic about it. Not applicable in Tomlin's case or possibly Madine's but my point still stands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am aware the US are strict, verging paranoid, concerning entry/visas - I have family members who have been refused entry for having travelled via New Zealand twice within two years! - but I wasn't aware that Tomlin had actually been refused a visa - presumably due to his recent conviction for 'assault'?

Yeah assault will be it- pretty serious in his case.

That's nuts- and I mean nuts- the bolded bit!! 😲

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah assault will be it- pretty serious in his case.

That's nuts- and I mean nuts- the bolded bit!! 😲

Two young students, backpacking in Australia/New Zealand and working as casual labourers on, inter alia, sheep farms, fruit farms and, of course, in various bars throughout their travels.

Their first trip to Florida was accepted, but, on their subsequent trip home, via California, their entry was refused as there had recently been a terrorist attack in New Zealand.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Two young students, backpacking in Australia/New Zealand and working as casual labourers on, inter alia, sheep farms, fruit farms and, of course, in various bars throughout their travels.

Their first trip to Florida was accepted, but, on their subsequent trip home, via California, their entry was refused as there had recently been a terrorist attack in New Zealand.... 

That's me buggered for travel to the States then....was in NZ twice over a 7 month period,either side of the attacks.....🙄🙄🇳🇿🇳🇿

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...