Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Dollymarie

Season tickets have started arriving

On 26/07/2019 at 10:06, East End Old Boy said:

Received my card today, so what’s next to worry about?

You walk into T.M. Lewin, flash the card and say "I'd like a look at your waistcoats and braces please".

The old chap with the tape measure around his neck, looks at you like you are something he has just trodden in.

"The track suit trousers and aubergine and lime t-shirts are available at the Disney Store next door Sir".

You'd feel about 1-inch high.

NB: It might actually be a T.M. Lewin discount card, so don't worry about anything.

I renewed on March 3: precisely why they always wait until a few days before the new season before posting out the tickets is a mystery only known to Bristol Sport.

Lean, streamlined, professional organisation my arse!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I don’t use twitter but am I right in assuming that the new SLO is responding to fan base queries and social media talk pretty quickly Tbf ?

Did Matt Parsons do so before on twitter ?

@BobBobSuperBob This is a new account that appeared recently

He doesn't reply to direct questions (that I have seen), but is postings random comments like above

An improvement on before, just needs to grow the whole interaction a bit more

• Like 1

Is it too early to say that my 2020-2021 season card hasn’t arrived yet?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Postman just been an still no season card, this is getting beyond the joke now,

It's like everything at the club has moved forward in a good way except them, not good enough that things like this keep happening, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I don’t use twitter but am I right in assuming that the new SLO is responding to fan base queries and social media talk pretty quickly Tbf ?

Did Matt Parsons do so before on twitter ?

I think much like previous one - he will comment if it is easy and non-controversial.  I asked him about the beer prices in a nice polite way and have heard jack all so in a less polite way - just another yes man I fear.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can anyone think of one good , even single reason why the Club can’t send out Season Tickets earlier ?

I guess they have bulk deals for the production, packaging and posting Bob.  If they do it all in one big batch as late as possible, it costs less

25 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Is it too early to say that my 2020-2021 season card hasn’t arrived yet?

The Premier League starts later don’t forget 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can anyone think of one good , even single reason why the Club can’t send out Season Tickets earlier ?

Simple. Steve Lansdown is bored in Guernsey and he needs something to keep him amused. He’s sat there now, looking at the forum, holding his sides as he falls about laughing at at the angst he’s causing 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I guess they have bulk deals for the production, packaging and posting Bob.  If they do it all in one big batch as late as possible, it costs less

Good thought 

But vast majority (10000 +) of the tickets are purchased in March , by loyal fans who renew or people signing up and demonstrating their backing 5 months in advance  

Not too much to ask to get those out in say June and inform anyone purchasing after the initial sale that theirs will be released in the pre season batch

Just Two batches

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Staff holidays, new logo change, they only got the fixtures in June. 

Nope, no reason why it shouldn’t be quicker. I honestly think staff like to see our panic on here. And of course people phoning up to ask makes the staff look busy in the offices 😀

Why does anyone actually need their season ticket any earlier than the day before the game?

It's Tuesday. For those (myself included) who haven't yet recieved their ticket, there are still five days that it could arrive on. 

episode 2 friends GIF

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Why does anyone actually need their season ticket any earlier than the day before the game?

It's Tuesday. For those (myself included) who haven't yet recieved their ticket, there are still five days that it could arrive on. 

episode 2 friends GIF

Or 5 more days it still might not arrive on 😀

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Someone would moan that it's too early and they will likely lose their ST before the season starts.  FFS.  Can't the club do anything right.

etc. etc.

51 minutes ago, Meh said:

I think much like previous one - he will comment if it is easy and non-controversial.  I asked him about the beer prices in a nice polite way and have heard jack all so in a less polite way - just another yes man I fear.

FAO @Meh

20190730_101955.jpg

55 minutes ago, phantom said:

FAO @Meh

20190730_101955.jpg

Interesting. So he is simply quoting the prices which we all know and can calculate ourselves and washing over the fact that 2 years ago a pint was £4 and you got discount and now they are £5 and you get discount so we are paying circa 80p more a pint as S/T holders and poor non S/T are at £1 per pint.

I hoped for more I.e. some representation to people in authority that maybe £4.60 region was fairer year on year increase or comparator from 2 years ago and maybe the match day price was too steep.

Ah well people will hopefully talk with their feet !!

• Like 1

I was reading this thread and my wife and i were having a good moan about why they couldn't be delivered earlier and then we noticed we'd had some mail, they'd just arrived!

15 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I was reading this thread and my wife and i were having a good moan about why they couldn't be delivered earlier and then we noticed we'd had some mail, they'd just arrived!

All of them or just your two?

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Simple. Steve Lansdown is bored in Guernsey and he needs something to keep him amused. He’s sat there now, looking at the forum, holding his sides as he falls about laughing at at the angst he’s causing 

Didn’t you check the postmark?

Guernsey.

Clearly Steve, Maggie and Jon are sat around the dining room table now folding the letters and placing them in the envelopes.

FFP is hitting Clubs hard you know.

Steve can you get on the Members Cards now? Thanks muchly and for fun, can you start on the Z’s and work backwards through the alphabet? Should get mine in time for the January sales then.

1 just received, still waiting on two in the wilds of Warwickshire, , as the first game is a Sunday  i wonder how many of the office staff will be working to rescue us with temporary tickets ?

Was I the only one who thought the accompanying letter was just odd how it was just signed "Mark"??

Assume it was penned by Mark Ashton? 

Also does anyone know if we get a free rugby ticket this season,  I haven't seen anything mentioned either way? 

Mine arrived this morning.

Oddly enough the accompanying letter went in the bin along with envelope......

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good thought 

But vast majority (10000 +) of the tickets are purchased in March , by loyal fans who renew or people signing up and demonstrating their backing 5 months in advance  

Not too much to ask to get those out in say June and inform anyone purchasing after the initial sale that theirs will be released in the pre season batch

Just Two batches

Surely it’s to allow the fixtures card to be added in ....

oh wait ... 

23 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

episode 2 friends GIF

I wanted my season card for the the Palace game so I could get discounts on food/drink on the concourse before the game. 

They didn't arrive in time and they couldn't give me a discount with last years SC. So I had to pay full price for everything. 

That's why I wanted mine before Sunday. 

Edited by Jacs
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, phantom said:

Was I the only one who thought the accompanying letter was just odd how it was just signed "Mark"??

Assume it was penned by Mark Ashton? 

Also does anyone know if we get a free rugby ticket this season,  I haven't seen anything mentioned either way? 

Perhaps signed by “Mark” Kelly, managing director Ashton Gate?

I don’t recall the letter, must got straight in the recycling!

40 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Perhaps signed by “Mark” Kelly, managing director Ashton Gate?

I don’t recall the letter, must got straight in the recycling!

Good point, never though of that Mark

8 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Mine hasn't arrived 😧😧😧😧

1 minute ago, ever-red said:

Post arrived though yes season card no just Madness tickets which I ordered after season card hurry up

The last 5 season tickets are being hand delivered by our new signings 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ever-red said:

Knowing my luck I won't be in

It’s ok , the SLO has checked his list and spoken to the player and Kasey has said

’No problem , as long as his wife is ‘

:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It’s ok , the SLO has checked his list and spoken to the player and Kasey has said

’No problem , as long as his wife is ‘

:thumbsup:

Just had a phone call from brother in law it's arrived at his house so Kasey will have to go elsewhere

1 minute ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Is today the day I should be worried cause mine ain't turned up? 

I was told by tomorrow when I questioned something last week.

2 minutes ago, BcfcDuncs said:

Is today the day I should be worried cause mine ain't turned up? 

If it doesn’t arrive , they’ve previously printed you off a ticket on the day (You will need I’d) 

A pain but the Worse case scenario - So don’t overly panic

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

If it doesn’t arrive , they’ve previously printed you off a ticket on the day (You will need I’d) 

A pain but the Worse case scenario - So don’t overly panic

This

People WILL still get in on Sunday, a bit of a pain in the arse but there are worse things in life to be worrying about