Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Dolman_Stand

Han-Noah Massengo - SIGNED - 4 Year Deal

6 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Monaco fan or an OTIB imposter on their club forum?

Really surprised by this young person. Really he is top, pity he arrives in a team of shit.

Tommy?

• Haha 6

So let's assume the rumours about Brownhill going to Leicester are bull, where does Massengo play?

I'm hoping in place of Pack, otherwise with 2 up front if we get this mystery striker and 1 wide man, there are only 3 midfield spots for 6 centre mid players;  Pack, Walsh, Brownhill, Pato, Palmer and Szmodics. It's fairly obvious LJ does not 'trust' Walsh and Pato more likely to be cameo roles if not sold, but that's still 4 players to fill 3 spots and that's not counting when Korey is back.

38 minutes ago, City_pete1 said:

I am happy of course, but I cannot get my head around this one... He is 18 and played a few games in the CL and is a 'hot prospect', then he signs for a championship team and in his first interview talks about getting back into the CL. 

The only motivation I can see as possible, that I hope is true, is he is dropping down intentionally to try and play more games. Otherwise this just doesn't make sense to me...

Fingers crossed we have a gem on our hands.

More likely that BCFC, particularly in France, has a growing reputation of signing players, improving players, and not standing in the way of players when a Prem team comes calling. 

We are seen as a team that talented players are now happy to come to, and so what if it’s a stepping stone in their career. We get to see some quality players and if they don’t make it to the Prem / CL with us then we’ve given them the opportunity to showcase their talent, give them the experience and allowed them to progress their career. 

I don’t have any problem with this. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

It’s a good question. I wonder if he purely sees us as a stepping stone to the promised land rapido i.e. next summer.

Would not be a surprise if that is how we ‘sold’ the move to him. We win by having him for the year and hopefully performing added to a huge profit next summer.

I would imagine exactly this.

GmGface is saying that the £7-8m fee quoted in France isn't right. So maybe it isn't as huge a gamble as it seems.

Will be interesting to see what exactly he says the number was. Hasn't said what it was in the article on the BP site - little tease.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/han-noah-massengo-reveals-chose-3177742

Maybe the lad just wants to play football, he never got a sniff after Henry was sacked and became frustrated,

he’s seen how young players get treated here and wants to be a part of it,

he won’t be with us for long and we will get more for him then we did for webster, 

12 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Maybe the lad just wants to play football, he never got a sniff after Henry was sacked and became frustrated,

he’s seen how young players get treated here and wants to be a part of it,

he won’t be with us for long and we will get more for him then we did for webster, 

Or alternatively he could be like that highly rated youngster Ryan Kent who came here from a massive club and proved he couldn't do it in this league.

Edited by robin_unreliant

To most this signing came out the blue but this is something we worked on last summer as are under 23 squad played Monico last year and that's where connections we're made. LJ flew out and watched him on several occasions 1 of which I believe was a champions league game. Also he was tipped to go to Chelsea but with their embargo it wasn't possible. This for me is where I think we have been very clever and MA in particular as we've signed him on a 4yr deal and wouldn't mind betting his next destination will be Chelsea...... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Or alternatively he could be like that highly rated youngster Ryan Kent who came here from a massive club and proved he couldn't do it in this league.

Or he could be the next Gustav Engval and never really get a proper chance at City!

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Or he could be the next Gustav Engval and never really get a proper chance at City!

Or Jonathan Leko who LJ apparently had been tracking and was convinced would be a huge success. Allegedly.....

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Allwaysred said:

To most this signing came out the blue but this is something we worked on last summer as are under 23 squad played Monico last year and that's where connections we're made. LJ flew out and watched him on several occasions 1 of which I believe was a champions league game. Also he was tipped to go to Chelsea but with their embargo it wasn't possible. This for me is where I think we have been very clever and MA in particular as we've signed him on a 4yr deal and wouldn't mind betting his next destination will be Chelsea...... 

IIRC the last player we signed after playing against our youth team was Clive Whitehead, and he didn't turn out too bad. Didn't cost 8 million mind.

• Like 2

Must be one of the strangest transfers in the history of the club. Literally no idea if he's any good, seems crazy money to me. You get a player of Kalas quality for that. 

I guess he won't be warming the bench, good luck kid. 

• Like 1

I know it’s youtube or Wyscout clips....but eff me, this kid is playing give and gets in the Champions League.

Whether he adjusts to our Champ I’ve no idea, but he is like Fabregas.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know it’s youtube or Wyscout clips....but eff me, this kid is playing give and gets in the Champions League.

I was thinking of Fabregas yesterday and thinking he could be similar. Not the biggest but controlled midfields from what 18/19yrs old? Technique, composure and excellent passing but also stick a foot in 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Must be one of the strangest transfers in the history of the club. Literally no idea if he's any good, seems crazy money to me. You get a player of Kalas quality for that. 

I guess he won't be warming the bench, good luck kid. 

Have you not read the conspiracy theory that City are signing him as Chelsea currently have a transfer ban in place? They have been aware of this kid for a while so we are doing them a favour by bringing him to England. Assuming the lad does well Chelsea will have first refusal on him once their ban expires.

We’ve just signed a 18 year old hot prospect from Monaco with Champions League experience.

This doesn’t happen to Bristol City...

1 hour ago, cider-manc said:

A lot of monaco fans on twitter are blaming his dad-  Who i'm guessing they see as using his son to chase the cash.

Thank God Zach Clough's Dad didn't have a say in the matter...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

With all respect, that is utter nonsense.

We agree to do that THEN get found out, the punishment would make going into Administration look like a walk in the park.

Remember the background of our owner - there is no way in the world he would be party to any of that.

SL alluded in his interview about how our relationships with bigger clubs have taken us into a different world in terms of players.

No rules would be broken if Chelsea had ‘recommended’ him and in honesty I think it makes perfect sense. 

I’m not saying that’s what happened etc but it wouldn’t surprise me to see him end up at Chelsea in a couple of years for 20m+

48 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Have you not read the conspiracy theory that City are signing him as Chelsea currently have a transfer ban in place? They have been aware of this kid for a while so we are doing them a favour by bringing him to England. Assuming the lad does well Chelsea will have first refusal on him once their ban expires.

Pure wild speculation on your part.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

That was all that was, a conspiracy theory, freely admitted by the poster.

Or have you seen this on the OS?

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Oh stop it... If you keep talking like this my house will be up for sale and I'll be moving back to Bristol.... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I'll wait until this is on the OS, otherwise it just isn't true. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Don’t half talk some bollocks

• Like 1

For Massengo, I will not be surprised that in 3 months Henry arrives as a coach and begins to place his balls during the transfer window

I had the 'misfortune' (I saw Bristol on the title I zapped out of curiosity) to watch on Bein Sunday aprem against Leeds but what a disaster this team of serious broken arms. Already Leeds (on this game I've never seen others) it was bad but Bristol except the black in the middle that has made 2/3 breakthroughs interesting, the rest is 0.

https://liveteam-asm.com/AsmForum/index.php?/topic/1085-han-noah-massengo/&do=findComment&comment=248919

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, westred1 said:

Don’t half talk some bollocks

He isn’t though, there really are people who believe we’ve signed him for Chelsea when there embargo lifts

• Like 1

One interesting fact about this transfer is that Massengo is on the same wages as he was earning at Monaco.

He was unhappy at not progressing at his old club when Henry left .

I believe now that Nketiah will join us with the Henry connection.

I’m a bit confused by this signing, as I’m sure some others are. 

What’s the new plan for the team? Where does Han-Noah fit in? Will any established players be leaving? Will there be a new striker?

It just feels a bit of a shambles at the moment. Good luck to the lad, and welcome to City, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unan said:

For Massengo, I will not be surprised that in 3 months Henry arrives as a coach and begins to place his balls during the transfer window

I had the 'misfortune' (I saw Bristol on the title I zapped out of curiosity) to watch on Bein Sunday aprem against Leeds but what a disaster this team of serious broken arms. Already Leeds (on this game I've never seen others) it was bad but Bristol except the black in the middle that has made 2/3 breakthroughs interesting, the rest is 0.

https://liveteam-asm.com/AsmForum/index.php?/topic/1085-han-noah-massengo/&do=findComment&comment=248919

Huh?

1 hour ago, Unan said:

I’m guessing this is a translation of a comment on the Monaco forum? 

• Like 1

My take on this signing. Is he has huge ambitions to play in the premiership. And see us as the perfect stepping stone . The fee is not 8 million euros as reported. Apparently. He has huge potential and we will end up selling him for 40 million. All my opinion 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

My take on this signing. Is he has huge ambitions to play in the premiership. And see us as the perfect stepping stone . The fee is not 8 million euros as reported. Apparently. He has huge potential and we will end up selling him for 40 million. All my opinion 

What is the fee then. 

47 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He isn’t though, there really are people who believe we’ve signed him for Chelsea when there embargo lifts

...and goodness knows why they believe that when there is a thread on this forum written by the originator of the Chelsea idea explaining that it was 'idle speculation' on his part and had no basis in fact whatsoever. To their credit they've taken the time to explain this. This is one of those baseless conspiracy stories that has the potential to do damage, suggesting that the club and its officials are less than open and honest.

6 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

What is the fee then. 

its undisclosed, therefore unless you are an employee of BCFC in the heart of the finances you will not know.  Everything on the forum is pure speculation and  also from the media.  I am sure M  Ashton will come out and tell us at some stage. (confident it is below Kalas fee or we would be announcing a record signing?)

Edited by DT The Optimist

6 hours ago, RumRed said:

That was all that was, a conspiracy theory, freely admitted by the poster.

Or have you seen this on the OS?

It’s on the OS that he’s signed....

Also people asking where he’s going to play it’s oretty obvious,

he is a defensive midfielder he’ll take up that role in the side prob take over from pack

26 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I have absolutely no idea my friend. But it’s being reported that’s its not 8 million. Apparently 

So it could be 39 million.

Meaning selling him for 40 million wouldn't be a great deal.

25 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

...and goodness knows why they believe that when there is a thread on this forum written by the originator of the Chelsea idea explaining that it was 'idle speculation' on his part and had no basis in fact whatsoever. To their credit they've taken the time to explain this. This is one of those baseless conspiracy stories that has the potential to do damage, suggesting that the club and its officials are less than open and honest.

A fib/rumour/Otib post gets halfway around the world before Robbored comes on and makes the thread all about himself. Or something. Winston Churchill. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I’m a bit confused by this signing, as I’m sure some others are. 

What’s the new plan for the team? Where does Han-Noah fit in? Will any established players be leaving? Will there be a new striker?

It just feels a bit of a shambles at the moment. Good luck to the lad, and welcome to City, though.

Super kid gets Brownhill's role, Brownhill replaces Pack

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So it could be 39 million.

Meaning selling him for 40 million wouldn't be a great deal.

Could be if that’s what you think. This is what I read this morning 

Gotcha: Massengo signs

The big news from last night: Han-Noah Massengo signs for Bristol City.

What a start to the week and hopefully one of a number of new City signings.

Details: four-year deal, for a fee that we understand will be LESS than the £7 Million reported elsewhere.

Edited by Red Army 75

Bonkers signing..

This is not the player we need for this kind of €€ at this stage of his development and ours - we're trying to run before we can walk.

Baffling use of our money when players who can affect/improve the starting eleven right now are badly needed.

• Sad 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Aubergine 2