IGNORED

Birmingham City v Bristol City Match Day 2

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Good point, soft goal to concede. Once Afobe gets to know the other players then he’ll score from little through balls. Weimann for all his running was a bit ineffective, I’d put Eliasson ahead of him right now. Palmer at his best in the last 3rd. All the newbies played well. 

He should score that mate if he knows the players or not in all honesty,his debut so we will all give him some slack,if it was Dede the forum would be in meltdown 

Hope everyone sees why we bought Palmer now. Thought he was outstanding today. 

Nagy looks a step up too. Periera decent and hope he is ok. 

Everyone else was ordinary for me. Not having Webster really stuck out today and would prefer Moore in a 3 to either Baker or Wright. 

Brownhill probably biggest disappointment for me but perhaps he was asked to reign it in some to protect Nagy on his debut. Nagy didn’t need it though. 

Afobe was bright. I like how he seems unassuming then bursts into space. Weimann just a headless chicken for me. Don’t mind him in a pairing and don’t think Diedhiou the answer next to Afobe either but maybe Semenyo could get some minutes next to him. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Everyone else was ordinary for me. Not having Webster really stuck out today and would prefer Moore in a 3 to either Baker or Wright. 

Brownhill probably biggest disappointment for me but perhaps he was asked to reign it in some to protect Nagy on his debut. Nagy didn’t need it though. 

Afobe was bright. I like how he seems unassuming then bursts into space. Weimann just a headless chicken for me. Don’t mind him in a pairing and don’t think Diedhiou the answer next to Afobe either but maybe Semenyo could get some minutes next to him. 

Weimann does just run around a lot most of the time imo. Semenyo or even Szmodics up top alongside Afobe maybe

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Sounded like Bentley was real dodgy at times? Baker and Wright bringing it out, how have we gone into the season with that. Concerning things.

Prone to a daft one, sometimes he's too eager when he needs to slow things down. Wright should not be near the first team for me. Baker not much better. We have a real weakness at the back now. That said, better finishing and we take the points anyway. Overall, promising for the future, but Kalas needs a ball playing partner, not a hoofer.

My thoughts in a nutshell......early days and the first opportunity to see a few recent signings, two average teams, great pass from Palmer and a slick finish by Rowe, Nagy looked excellent, especially in the first half, poor defending by Baker and then Wright for their goal, Afobe looked OK thought he should have scored from one of the two good chances he had. Draw was probably a fair result. Well done to the travelling 1,300 you made lots of noise.

My first ever Championship match to watch. Was nice with a beer or two involved as well. Reminded me of the Serie A games I watched and for my surprise it was a lot slower game than I expected (not to be harsh or anything, I just pictured lot quicker movements).

As I saw it there are raw talents there, Palmer is quite good and Rowe's goal was perfect. I liked Brownhill as well. As for Nagy I trhink this was a decent first game but he can do much better than that, it will come with a few more games to blend in.

42 minutes ago, RedDave said:

This half shows why I don’t like Palmer. Missing

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Did I even say he should be subbed? 

Well, as much as implied. 

Apologies if I’ve assumed incorrectly. But saying you don’t like a player and that he’s gone missing implied to me that you didn’t want him on the pitch any more. 

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He should score that mate if he knows the players or not in all honesty,his debut so we will all give him some slack,if it was Dede the forum would be in meltdown 

He was pushed in the back. 

What I take from the chances today is I am absolutely delighted he had them chances, even if he did miss them, let's remember it's the start of the season, players are rusty. 

The fact he had them chances is great because it adds another way for us to score that we didn't previously have.

On today's showing I can certainly see him getting 20 + goals.

Your expecting strikers to score every chance they get, not even the top strikers get 130 goals a season!! 

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Absolutely and could you imagine if we had lost again today. Confidence so important early on as we know so this on paper is a very good point.

Afobe had two decent chances and i feel should have scored the second one but hopefully he improves.

Good performance by Palmer as well who looked nackered by the end. They found him hard to deal with at times.

Really is getting an issue on here with so much anti-Johnson sentiments, the team has to gel, some have only been here 48 hours, not sure what some expected, but a fantastic point, perhaps the most important point we will get this season in the sense it will breath confidence into the squad, give it time and we could be in for quite a season.

6 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Ahem.

gotta go stephen colbert GIF

Just playing :thumbsup:

Not really sure what you're trying to say - It's nice to draw after being behind and last week's defeat but still is the sort of opposition where I'd really be expecting us to win if we're serious about playoffs or promotion. My opinion on that hasn't changed with today's result.  

5 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

My thoughts in a nutshell......early days and the first opportunity to see a few recent signings, two average teams, great pass from Palmer and a slick finish by Rowe, Nagy looked excellent, especially in the first half, poor defending by Baker and then Wright for their goal, Afobe looked OK thought he should have scored from one of the two good chances he had. Draw was probably a fair result. Well done to the travelling 1,300 you made lots of noise.

thought they'd sold 1950 ?

11 minutes ago, RedSA said:

Watching a different game to me if KP was anonymous. Last 20 he was starting to dictate the game - when our centre backs could actually pass the ball out! 

Too many fans look only at what players don't/can't do or what they do wrong.

Think Palmer is a player where you need to look more at what he does well rather than what he doesn't do.

P.S. Just thrown up listening to final score love in for Villa - "they are back where they deserve to be" !

40 minutes ago, petehinton said:

So our saviour proven number 9 has missed two one on ones. Great stuff 

First game, give him a chance ffs. Would be more concerned if he hadn’t got into those positions (great play from Palmer too for those slagging him off as well)

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

That says as much about Baker and Wright's deficiencies as Moore's qualities.

Baker and Wright's passing is consistently abysmal and that's nothing new.

I thought Moore was ok last week, nothing more, but at least he can run with the ball and mostly pass it accurately.

We need an upgrade on all 3, and it was a big miss not to do so in the transfer window imo.

Archived