IGNORED

Season card turnstile lights

Magicdaps

Anybody know which colours are attached to which season card categories when you scan your card?

My son has an U22 season card but is on holiday this week and I wanted to perhaps use it for another family member whilst he's away but I don't want to get stung on entry by the high viz police.

Is it just a green/blue light system? I've never really paid too much attention to it to be honest...

4 minutes ago, Magicdaps said:

Anybody know which colours are attached to which season card categories when you scan your card?

My son has an U22 season card but is on holiday this week and I wanted to perhaps use it for another family member whilst he's away but I don't want to get stung on entry by the high viz police.

Is it just a green/blue light system? I've never really paid too much attention to it to be honest...

Just go in after half 2 and you'll be fine. If you go in when it's dead they're more likely to realise. 

If you're really worried, think I've seen it mentioned that you can pay the extra amount to change from U22 to Adult for the odd game.

• Admin
7 minutes ago, Magicdaps said:

@myol'man is your man for this

10 minutes ago, Magicdaps said:

Just phone up and pay the difference between the tickets. Not sure why people want to get away with essentially taking money away from the club - if you get caught that season ticket gets banned - worth the risk?

1 hour ago, Magicdaps said:

1 hour ago, phantom said:

@myol'man is your man for this

Green = adult

Blue = OAP/Student/Yoof

Flashing blue = kids ticket

Red = card blocked (missed payment/banning order etc.)

As mentioned above you can call ticket office and pay the difference, or go to ticket office on the day BEFORE attempting to use the card.

If caught, the card will be confiscated (it belongs to the club NOT the ticket holder)

Myol'man (former hi-viz ticket police!) 

If an adult entered on a juvenile / OAP card - ie with the wrong light - they might only be stopped if a steward noticed. In reality if the adult did this when the turnstiles were busy, and they timed entry with military precision, it’s extremely unlikely anyone would notice. I’m not  suggesting anyone does this, just stating the logistics of entry 

I take no notice of which of our three cards I give to my kids as we're on the way in and the light is regularly blue for me because I have one of theirs. Never been stopped.

If I was stopped it would be easily fixed though, no way on earth I would risk my ST on trying to get in on the cheap.

Thanks to all for the replies.

To perhaps clarify for those who assumed the worst....i'm not trying to pull a fast one and bring the club to its knees financially as the potential family members who might wish to take up the ticket are all younger than my son so it was the whole ownership thing I was interested in and trying to avoid getting pulled up on those grounds.

If I was worried about saving a fiver I wouldn't have been going to AG and various away grounds for the past 30yrs supporting City!

46 minutes ago, Magicdaps said:

Thanks to all for the replies.

To perhaps clarify for those who assumed the worst....i'm not trying to pull a fast one and bring the club to its knees financially as the potential family members who might wish to take up the ticket are all younger than my son so it was the whole ownership thing I was interested in and trying to avoid getting pulled up on those grounds.

If I was worried about saving a fiver I wouldn't have been going to AG and various away grounds for the past 30yrs supporting City!

The colour of the light won’t matter if the person using it looks like they are in the appropriate category. From the club’s point of view ST’s are not transferable, but everyone does it, even people on here offer up their ST’s if they can’t attend strictly not for profit and in some cases for a local charity.

Years ago I had a ST and won the prediction league, and my prize was to be Maggie & Steve’s guest for the afternoon. I was asked by one of them who I had given my ST to that day!

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

The colour of the light won’t matter if the person using it looks like they are in the appropriate category. From the club’s point of view ST’s are not transferable, but everyone does it, even people on here offer up their ST’s if they can’t attend strictly not for profit and in some cases for a local charity.

Years ago I had a ST and won the prediction league, and my prize was to be Maggie & Steve’s guest for the afternoon. I was asked by one of them who I had given my ST to that day!

If we make the Prem, the number of people who can't make games will increase I suspect. Prem games are now played every day of the week so it's impossible for many to guarantee their attendance. I, for one, will probably have to miss 40% of fixtures once Sky pi** all over our traditional Saturday schedule. Even more than LJ does with is crazy obsession with Sunday games. 

People will have to share them to avoid lots of empty seats 

51 minutes ago, Meh said:

I know adults who get in every game with kids tickets and have for many years - stewards simply not doing their job as this should be one of the checks otherwise why are they there?

If you want stewards who check alcohol on the vomitories to check season tickets too, why not email the club with a suggestion?

Sure the club will appreciate the heads up revenue protection wise also.

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If you want stewards who check alcohol on the vomitories to check season tickets too, why not email the club with a suggestion?

Sure the club will appreciate the heads up revenue protection wise also.

You think the club doesn’t monitor this forum, after a thread like this things might tighten for a while maybe?

18 hours ago, myol'man said:

Green = adult

Blue = OAP/Student/Yoof

Flashing blue = kids ticket

Red = card blocked (missed payment/banning order etc.)

As mentioned above you can call ticket office and pay the difference, or go to ticket office on the day BEFORE attempting to use the card.

If caught, the card will be confiscated (it belongs to the club NOT the ticket holder)

Myol'man (former hi-viz ticket police!) 

I don't think that's correct, I've got a 65+ S/T, when I go through its red, changes to green when I put my tkt in, not BLUE as you say, 

17 hours ago, Meh said:

I know adults who get in every game with kids tickets and have for many years - stewards simply not doing their job as this should be one of the checks otherwise why are they there?

You would think one turnstile would be kid's tickets only, wouldn't you?

18 hours ago, RedM said:

Yes, they are now. 

I emailed the club as i couldn't attend the Leeds game and told them who would be using my SC. I have it back in writing saying that it was fine as longer as they those using them were the correct age cat. 

51 minutes ago, Jacs said:

Yes, they are now. 

I emailed the club as i couldn't attend the Leeds game and told them who would be using my SC. I have it back in writing saying that it was fine as longer as they those using them were the correct age cat. 

Thank you, I didn’t realise that had changed. Sensible really as it’s surely better a paid for seat is occupied rather than empty, and it could even persuade a non ST holder to take the plunge

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

You would think one turnstile would be kid's tickets only, wouldn't you?

You sir should work for the club - problem solved just there - kids in one concessions in one adults in remainder; would create no queues and if does not flash the right colour - check out if genuine error or piss take

7 hours ago, Meh said:

You sir should work for the club - problem solved just there - kids in one concessions in one adults in remainder; would create no queues and if does not flash the right colour - check out if genuine error or piss take

Yep, any incorrect card would lock the gate and bleep. The steward could then sort out the problem immediately and confiscate any fraudulently used card.

It's probably quite simple to implement. Once season card holders know they need to use the appropriate card to gain entry, no one would try to use a card that wasn't issued to them.

Archived