Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

in FIFA 19 Marley Watkins was insane. Strength, pace, power. Superb to bring on after 65 mins.

So that pretty much sums up their ability to get the ratings realistic.

Also for what its worth, last years FIFA was probably the worst one yet. So I'm hoping for big improvements this time around...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They've got Taylor down as being quicker than Afobe, that's interesting! They've also got him at 68 still, I'd have put him down to about 65/66 this season!

I think the ratings are pretty fair, Walsh was 63 last season, he did nothing to improve upon that so stays the same. 

EDIT: I have however just seen they have Flint down at 73! Kalas should be 75!

Edited by Carey 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fine. No matter how bad city's players are on FIFA, I always buy the whole squad on FUT and it becomes more fun when you take down an expensively assembled team.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I said I wouldn’t buy this game but I may just get it and play FUT or career mode with a city team and sell it when I get bored. You can build half the teams online a few days before anyway so I’ll try and get the whole city squad.

 

heres hoping they release someone like Afobe as a Championship player, however I think it’s rare we will ever see a city player there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

I’m still not convinced they are confirmed. There’s no way they would keep them all the same.

According to the EA sports website, only the icons and top 100 have been confirmed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flint says No said:

I’m still not convinced they are confirmed. There’s no way they would keep them all the same.

There is when they don't have a dedicated editor anymore and when they did, EA questioned that editor for changing "too many" stats at once to try and bring a player up to a more realistic rating.

Edited by TBW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nathandao said:

According to the EA sports website, only the icons and top 100 have been confirmed

I think those ratings are according to the Beta and those ratings are not normally confirmed. 

56 minutes ago, TBW said:

There is when they don't have a dedicated editor anymore and when they did, EA questioned that editor for changing "too many" stats at once to try and bring a player up to a more realistic rating.

If these are the real ratings then EA have done no research whatsoever 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wade Wilson said:

It gets worse 

C5886220-D3D3-46DE-8E2E-293FF7EC347D.jpeg

I went to go check him out too. Wrong for two reasons.

A) Why is he that much better than Kalas

B) Why are they both not gold?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flint says No said:

If these are the real ratings then EA have done no research whatsoever 

Because they don't pay Editors enough, Editors are responsible for the research - Main reason why I stepped back.

They have no reason to bother getting lower-demand leagues correct. If nobody is going to want them in Ultimate Team anyway, what's the point for EA to pay someone for it's accuracy?

Edited by TBW
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roe said:

Meanwhile on the latest Pro Evo we're called Bristol R...

200w.webp

Didn't even know Pro Evolution had divisions below the Premier League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hare Island said:

Is it worth buying this game and playing as City or would it be a waste of money? Would just be against CPU, I’m not interested in gaming online.

No is the honest answer , might as well just buy an older copy and manually the transfers to city 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/09/2019 at 04:29, Eastside Moonwalker said:
5 minutes ago, Sturny said:

Hopefully FM20 will have better ratings, they normally are more accurate 

I hope they have recreated the Gate and photo-mapped the squad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sturny said:

Hopefully FM20 will have better ratings, they normally are more accurate 

I started a FM19 save at the start of summer and raided Monaco's youth team.
Somewhat ironically the one I didn't pinch from them was Massengo!

Edited by JamesBCFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Watkins 68 behind Eliasson at 69

A double insult for Eliasson 🤯

Fair rating for Eliasson, 5 to high for Watkins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sturny said:

Hopefully FM20 will have better ratings, they normally are more accurate 

There's no "overall" in FM so much less obvious to outright criticise without looking into the specific stats.

Edited by TBW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TBW said:

There's no "overall" in FM so much less obvious to outright criticise without looking into the specific stats.

An awful lot more stats for people to question though.

Wouldn't be too hard to create an "overall" rating either.

An average of all ratings x5 to make it out of 100.

Or swap so the stats are ranked out of 100 instead of 20 (if you can still do that) and take an average that way.

(Assuming the Fifa ones are out of 100)

Or have a look in the editor and see what the players Ability and potential ability is. Then half, as FMs goes up to 200 I believe.

Edited by JamesBCFC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

An awful lot more stats for people to question though.

Wouldn't be too hard to create an "overall" rating either.

An average of all ratings x5 to make it out of 100.

Or swap so the stats are ranked out of 100 instead of 20 (if you can still do that) and take an average that way.

(Assuming the Fifa ones are out of 100)

Or have a look in the editor and see what the players Ability and potential ability is. Then half, as FMs goes up to 200 I believe.

That would be unfairly skewed though, just multiplying everything. If you multiplied everything for a goalkeeper his rating overall would be super-low because of outfield stats. Same for a centre-back, his rating would drop based on shooting, dribbling stats etc.

You need to be much more specific to what a player uses in their position and other possible positions they might play. In FIFA for example, the overall rating you see if the player's rating for the primary position they're listed at. Not other positions.

So Tommy Rowe right now is listed as a CM but his rating would be much different playing him at LB as we've been doing.

 

  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TBW said:

That would be unfairly skewed though, just multiplying everything. If you multiplied everything for a goalkeeper his rating overall would be super-low because of outfield stats. Same for a centre-back, his rating would drop based on shooting, dribbling stats etc.

You need to be much more specific to what a player uses in their position and other possible positions they might play. In FIFA for example, the overall rating you see if the player's rating for the primary position they're listed at. Not other positions.

So Tommy Rowe right now is listed as a CM but his rating would be much different playing him at LB as we've been doing.

 

I was listing a very basic example off the top of my head.

Of course doing it properly you'd take into account what stats are most relevant for the players position, perhaps just the ones highlighted when you select a role for them.

It was literally a handful of different ideas that took 30 seconds to come up with.

I didn't even mention removing the "goalkeeping ability" stat for outfield players....

Goalkeepers have different stats to go by on FM to outfield players anyway, so they wouldn't be particularly skewed against.

 

The point was it wouldn't be particularly difficult to create a formula.

Test said formula against some players on games like FIFA and PES who have accurate ratings- control players as it were and adjust where necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I was listing a very basic example off the top of my head.

Of course doing it properly you'd take into account what stats are most relevant for the players position, perhaps just the ones highlighted when you select a role for them.

It was literally a handful of different ideas that took 30 seconds to come up with.

I didn't even mention removing the "goalkeeping ability" stat for outfield players....

Goalkeepers have different stats to go by on FM to outfield players anyway, so they wouldn't be particularly skewed against.

 

The point was it wouldn't be particularly difficult to create a formula.

Test said formula against some players on games like FIFA and PES who have accurate ratings- control players as it were and adjust where necessary.

And my point was that nobody is going to be spending their time composing an algorithm that would skew stats for all positions and their variant play-types for that position.

It's far too much information to be dealing with just so you can compare players to one another and criticise the ratings online.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TBW said:

And my point was that nobody is going to be spending their time composing an algorithm that would skew stats for all positions and their variant play-types for that position.

It's far too much information to be dealing with just so you can compare players to one another and criticise the ratings online.

I don't recall asking for it at any point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I don't recall asking for it at any point...

Because my original reply wasn't ever to you, you just jumped in and decided you wanted to join the party.

  • Unicorn 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TBW said:

Because my original reply wasn't ever to you, you just jumped in and decided you wanted to join the party.

Oh, so you were having a private conversation?

Didn't realise OTIB was set up just for you. Thought it was a discussion board where anyone could have a say.

Which I did.

  • Like 2
  • Aubergine 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Oh, so you were having a private conversation?

Didn't realise OTIB was set up just for you. Thought it was a discussion board where anyone could have a say.

Which I did.

"I don't recall asking for it at any point..."

Looks like you're assuming everything is directed at yourself with that post.

So... I didn't realise OTIB was set up just for YOU either.

Calm your shit, when I said "you" I didn't mean the world revolves around you and everything I wrote is specifically for you only. ****. Go get some sleep.

  • Like 1
  • Unicorn 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Selred said:

Fair rating for Eliasson, 5 to high for Watkins

Eliasson should be rated 90 tbf. Crossing being 1224533 out of 99.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TBW said:

"I don't recall asking for it at any point..."

Looks like you're assuming everything is directed at yourself with that post.

So... I didn't realise OTIB was set up just for YOU either.

Calm your shit, when I said "you" I didn't mean the world revolves around you and everything I wrote is specifically for you only. ****. Go get some sleep.

When someone says "you" interpreting that "you" to mean "you"isn't much of a stretch weirdly.

Maybe take some of your own advice.

  • Aubergine 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving swiftly on... 

After doing some hunting around, as not bought a fifa game for a few years, decided to take the plunge and get this years game, mainly for the career/manager mode. 

Disappointed that the cheapest I could find was at base.com for 44 quid, I swear a few years back asda, tesco etc used to sell fifa games at midnight for like 35 quid? Now they're selling it for 50!

Everything seems to be going up, apart from my wage sadly 😢

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it actually out now? I'm on 18 still, I seem to get it every couple of years, 16 being the previous version I had, which was in a deal when I bought the console.

If there's quite a bit of change, I may delve into it. Failing that I'll just stick what I have....

Certainly won't be paying £50 for it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nathandao said:

Only just seen this. They’ve done Palmer dirty here. 65 passing for a 70 rated player where his passing is his best attribute?

971082D2-DB5A-4D5D-9714-8EEA65C83861.jpeg

Ratings are not necessarily linked to stats bizarrely. 

Get a deadeye on him and then that will probably be more realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The Batman said:

Apparently career mode is buggered. Anyone notice anything? 

Haven't got the game but read loads of bugs all reported to ea and theyve ignored them and at least won't be in the next patch if not more, they couldn't give a **** about career mode 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...