IGNORED

Bristol City v Swansea City Match Day 8

Septic Peg

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

My point is that LJ selected the wrong starting 11 and soon realised that City needed some presence up top rather two smaller guys, hence Baker for Famara.

To me that reflects his inexperience at Championship level.

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I agree his starting XI was probably wrong but you cannot say he lacks experience. That’s just daft

LJ has managed 182 games in the championship - equivalent to 3.9 seasons - he is not inexperienced ...

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I think he does when you look at the top teams in this league they are all manged by people who have manged at a much higher level. 

Are they? Depends who you regard as the top teams? Swansea for example are managed by a guy In his first club management role and he’s only managed the Swans for eight league games ... and QPR are above us - their gaffer Mark Warburton has nowhere near the experience of LJ (207 games vs 336 games) and he’s never managed at a higher level - you can’t count his stint at Rangers because the wise ones on here insist that the Scottish Premiership is a pub league ...

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I trust your stats but how else would you explain the error he made today with the two strikers?

Perhaps he made a mistake - nothing to do with being ‘inexperienced’ ...

8 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Trying something different / unexpected? Dunno.

When I saw the team at 2pm I thought — WTF - like many others. Sometimes worth a gamble I suppose 

I described the selection as ‘brave’ but was bewildered as pretty much everyone else when we saw that Fam wasn’t starting and after around 15 mins it was obvious that a beefier presence was needed and when Fam came on for Baker it looked as if LJ has recognised his error and rectified it. We thought fair play for making the change.

Now it seems that NB asked to be replaced............and that the change was enforced rather than tactical.

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I described the selection as ‘brave’ but was bewildered as pretty much everyone else when we saw that Fam wasn’t starting and after around 15 mins it was obvious that a beefier presence was needed and when Fam came on for Baker it looked as if LJ has recognised his error and rectified it. We thought fair play for making the change.

Now it seems that NB asked to be replaced............and that the change was enforced rather than tactical.

I thought it was a strange line up, but let's be fair, a lot of people on OTIB were calling for Szmodics to be brought in as one of these modern Firmino forwards. 

Also interesting that LJ, who sees everything behind the scenes, decides that neither Diedhiou or Semenyo were the natural deputy for Afobe. Yes it was just one game with unique tactical considerations, but I'm not convinced that LJ is convinced that we have a number one striker right now. That's worrying.

Haven't read any other posts. Just like to say well happy with a point today against what I thought was a very strong side who will easily finish top half this season. We looked much better when Fam came on and KP made a big difference too. I would have settled for a point before the game started and it was the right result. 7 games unbeaten after loosing v Leeds with a weakened side and our current points total plus living with injuries to top players is more than any person on here could have expected. We are a very good side. Long may it continue.

2 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Week after week he impresses me more. He cannot be 18. Maturity on the pitch beyond his years. What an amazing talent he is. We are so lucky to have him. 

Imagine how good he will be in 3-4 years time, unfortunately it won’t be for us

Archived