IGNORED

PNE away

City oz

2 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Yes heard it’s closed. Bit of a shame given its history, unlikeness and the fact that there were some loyal regulars in that little area

What a shame, very few pubs like that anymore, properly local and hidden away in someone's front room, cheap and cheerful, locals always first class - has been my favourite away venue in the country for many years.

Must say, it's very refreshing to hear opposition fans actually know what they're on about when it comes to talking about North End. 

We've always played a good brand of football under this manager, but we can mix it up. We can take it in tight spaces and go through the thirds. We can smack a ball into the channels for our lightning front three to run onto. We can play in transition. 

Furthermore, being professional (seeing out the game, etc) and playing good football aren't mutually exclusive. You can do both. 

Looking forward to the game on Saturday and feel quite confident, especially as for the first time in years we don't have any key players missing. 

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@pnefcok and @Mortis with the changes up front, and role for Johnson, have you changed the way you play, or are you still about hitting the spaces, willing runners and squeezing up behind?  Or is it a bit more refined and playing through DJ?

The plan seems to be Barkhuizen as the workhorse with his pace up top stretching teams and running the channels, then a bunch of technicians from the wide areas and in behind like Maguire, Bodin, Johnson etc. working there magic in the space he's created.

I'd prefer Barkhuizen in his natural wide role as would AN but it's needs must really without a proper striker. Moult is injured, Stockley is too slow and Nugent was supposedly a club signing and has been injured. It was the second summer transfer window in a row during which AN was denied the striker he wanted, which is frustrating given that we've shown great promise in the last couple of years and it is probably the main thing that the squad, which is on the whole very strong, lacks badly.

7 minutes ago, UpTheWhites said:

Must say, it's very refreshing to hear opposition fans actually know what they're on about when it comes to talking about North End. 

We've always played a good brand of football under this manager, but we can mix it up. We can take it in tight spaces and go through the thirds. We can smack a ball into the channels for our lightning front three to run onto. We can play in transition. 

Furthermore, being professional (seeing out the game, etc) and playing good football aren't mutually exclusive. You can do both. 

Looking forward to the game on Saturday and feel quite confident, especially as for the first time in years we don't have any key players missing. 

You seem to start most seasons off struggling badly with injuries and then after Xmas or later have a surge up the table, but a little too late to be a playoff contender? This season you have made a fantastic start and you must be confident, or at least enjoying your good fortune.

As you might know the injury Gods have heaped misery on us this year, or yet again this year and more so  I should say, and we are patched together. The team we will play has been forced upon us, many were second if not third choices I believe. Something you will appreciate I’m sure.

Preston is never a happy hunting ground for us, we don’t ever seem to get the upper hand in the games against you. We have seen some very negative and spoiling tactics in the past which has rightly wound up our fans, but that was not so much with your current manager to be fair. I’ve got a friend who is a Preston fan and have had to reassure her several tines that the ‘real’ Bristol City don’t play as badly as we do against Preston week in week out!

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Really?

We’re in the play offs without losing away this season. Yes it’s a bit of a pain to get to but I was expecting 800 plus

I was expecting the same. We tend to take good numbers to Blackburn which is not too far from Preston. I think being a bogey team prevents people from going.

I was going to go but then my mates pulled out but going to Luton and Brentford!

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Really?

We’re in the play offs without losing away this season. Yes it’s a bit of a pain to get to but I was expecting 800 plus

You might want to tweak those expectations of yours. 

1. It is September. The play-offs are way off (about as far away as Preston).

2. It is Preston. More than two hours away. We don't really do away trips requiring more than two hours on the motorway or a train. We will follow the City, but only so far. There is a limit. We "do" West to Swansea, North to Birmingham, East to this side of London, and that's about it. Back home by 7.30, latest).

3. It's Preston. It'll be disappointing.

4. For many of us, getting to - and parking close to - and getting from Ashton Gate is enough of a bloody chore (witness the endless grumbles on here) as it is. It is a minor miracle that currently 20,000 West Country folk regularly get off their back-arses and pay £daft to attend AG, what with the impossibility of parking right outside, and the challenge of nipping out a bit early (every other f***** trying to do the same nowadays) and the lure of the sofa and Final Score and digital gadgets and following the bed-wetting hysteria that is the Matchday Thread on here (100% guaranteed to entertain/absorb/delight/infuriate and never a 0:0 borefest). Expecting 800 of us to travel FOUR hours (!) to watch Bristol City (!) with no hope of knowing where to park so as to ensure swift and timely/premature departure from game and said northern town, are you mad sir?! Just think of the effort involved. We don't really do effort. We just can't be arsed.

On 22/09/2019 at 07:21, City oz said:

Just looking at some history, 

• first game 1901 draw 0-0.
  • Biggest win for City 4-0 1985 Division 3.
  • Biggest loss 5-0 . 2017 the Championship.
  • Never played them in the old Division 1. ( next season we could both be in the prem ) wishful thinking though for PNE 
  • My prediction next week is a 3 - 3 draw with Diedhiou scoring 2 and Weimann getting 1. Keeping the unbeaten run going and only wish it was on Foxtel in OZ as it will be an entertaining and very close one for sure.

Come on you REDS.

City's record attendance at AG is 43,335 in 1935 against PNE. 

Must have been a bit of a tight squeeze! 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

You seem to start most seasons off struggling badly with injuries and then after Xmas or later have a surge up the table, but a little too late to be a playoff contender? This season you have made a fantastic start and you must be confident, or at least enjoying your good fortune.

As you might know the injury Gods have heaped misery on us this year, or yet again this year and more so  I should say, and we are patched together. The team we will play has been forced upon us, many were second if not third choices I believe. Something you will appreciate I’m sure.

Preston is never a happy hunting ground for us, we don’t ever seem to get the upper hand in the games against you. We have seen some very negative and spoiling tactics in the past which has rightly wound up our fans, but that was not so much with your current manager to be fair. I’ve got a friend who is a Preston fan and have had to reassure her several tines that the ‘real’ Bristol City don’t play as badly as we do against Preston week in week out!

Folk always seem surprise when we get a good run of results or beat a good side etc... but we're not - we know that we have some incredibly talented players. 

I like Bristol City, to be fair. A proper forward thinking club which you can see by the stadium, and even the media team / the kits ! Fans seem proper sound as well, apart from their hatred towards us when we take longer than five seconds to take a throw in...

One thing I don't like is how Lee Johnson tries putting PNEFC and BCFC in the same boat... our transfer record is £1.5M, Lee. Our top earners are on £10K p/w. Your owner puts much, much more money into the club than ours does. Every credit to him! 

39 minutes ago, UpTheWhites said:

Folk always seem surprise when we get a good run of results or beat a good side etc... but we're not - we know that we have some incredibly talented players. 

I like Bristol City, to be fair. A proper forward thinking club which you can see by the stadium, and even the media team / the kits ! Fans seem proper sound as well, apart from their hatred towards us when we take longer than five seconds to take a throw in...

One thing I don't like is how Lee Johnson tries putting PNEFC and BCFC in the same boat... our transfer record is £1.5M, Lee. Our top earners are on £10K p/w. Your owner puts much, much more money into the club than ours does. Every credit to him! 

@JBFC II said Hemmings is the best and most ambitious football owner ever though?

1 minute ago, TuxHarry said:

@JBFC II said Hemmings is the best and most ambitious football owner ever though?

He's certainly not hated by North End fans, but he has been criticised heavily over the past two years. And rightly so, IMO. 

He has history of not backing managers, only when we are struggling in Jan will he spend a bit. 

We sold Jordan Hugill for 9M. The manager's top target was Kieffer Moore, who we could have got for £1.5M but the owner wouldn't pay it. We ended up with Jayden Stockley for £750K, who I quite like, but he isn't mobile enough to ever be an important player for us. 

I could go on all day about our owner but I can't see it interesting you that much. But yeah, he's not particularly ambitious. 

2 hours ago, UpTheWhites said:

He's certainly not hated by North End fans, but he has been criticised heavily over the past two years. And rightly so, IMO. 

He has history of not backing managers, only when we are struggling in Jan will he spend a bit. 

We sold Jordan Hugill for 9M. The manager's top target was Kieffer Moore, who we could have got for £1.5M but the owner wouldn't pay it. We ended up with Jayden Stockley for £750K, who I quite like, but he isn't mobile enough to ever be an important player for us. 

I could go on all day about our owner but I can't see it interesting you that much. But yeah, he's not particularly ambitious. 

@JBFC II here’s a Preston fan that agrees Hemmings isn’t ambitious as I told you.

As always, sure you know best though.

3 minutes ago, TuxHarry said:

@JBFC II here’s a Preston fan that agrees Hemmings isn’t ambitious as I told you.

As always, sure you know best though.

I never said he was ambitious, all I said was considering their income he isn’t as poor as you make him out to be. 

Still waiting on you to point out where I’ve said he’s the ‘best and most ambitious owner ever’...

11 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I never said he was ambitious, all I said was considering their income he isn’t as poor as you make him out to be. 

Still waiting on you to point out where I’ve said he’s the ‘best and most ambitious owner ever’...

“I never said he was ambitious”...

On 25/09/2019 at 16:05, JBFC II said:

Wind back 5 years and we were playing in front of 10k playing some awful football. Let’s think about where we’ve been before using things such as attendances to have a go at others...

Their owner has ambition, that’s a ridiculous statement, if he didn’t they wouldn’t be top 6 would they?

My conclusion is that one of the staff members or owner of the site employ you to be like a daft wind up toy that provoked discussion and activity, it’s the only explanation for your style of posting. :laugh:

7 minutes ago, TuxHarry said:

“I never said he was ambitious”...

My conclusion is that one of the staff members or owner of the site employ you to be like a daft wind up toy that provoked discussion and activity, it’s the only explanation for your style of posting. :laugh:

Ok, fair enough. Although I said that in response to you stating he has zero ambition, of course he has some, every owner does to a certain extent. Doesn’t mean he’s ambitious though...

Still waiting for you to answer my question though...

And there is no such thing as a ‘staff member’ on here (unless you mean a moderator) and nor do I know anybody who helps to run the site. Nice try though...

Archived