IGNORED

Mistake letting Eisa go?

BCFC11

Let's not forget it always looked like LJ never wanted Eisa here in the first place.

He described him as a 'club signing.' I remember hearing that and thinking that is his way of saying he was bought by the club and not him.

To be fair it turned out to be a decent investment. We apparently made a small profit, though maybe you take away the wages we paid, and any other fees, maybe not much of a profit at all overall.

But we may really make a good profit if he goes for a fair bit in the future.

Wonder why we didn't loan him to Charlton in January? One of the better sides at that level at that time. Plus having played for Greenwich that's a reasonably familiar environment for him.

He can clearly score at that level, it could've bolstered/protected his value more so. Plus it may have actually have helped to put him more in the frame here!

Still question his all-round game however.

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Ah the good old age jibe.

Well I bow to your great life experience which obviously makes you so knowledgable in discerning the quality of a championship striker.

To quote your fine self, ‘priceless’

If only you knew BBSB’s background!!!  I don’t always agree with him, but I take his views of the game more into account than most on here...because of his football experience.

The hour and a half I spent with him in the coffee shop last season before the Villa game was more enjoyable than the 90 minutes of the game.

13 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

woodrow was another one who was never given a chance. 

Probably similar to Eisa. Always had a good shot on him, can finish chances but not good enough in his general play. LJ sees what we don't see in training.

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

For someone just going to big school you come across as a completer *****

I’m As I am in real life - with whatever comes

Whilst you play the arrogant **** on a forum 

Considering you're talking down to this "kid" you don't half sound triggered by him.

Like pre-school in here. 

7 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Couple of things on your post, First of all I’d find it highly unlikely we’d of signed him if he didn’t have the right attitude, especially signing him from GJ’s Cheltenham where LJ would of had a lot more info on Eisa than any of his other signings.

Secondly I started this thread after seeing that Eisa who we sold in the summer scored another 2 yesterday, who wasn’t given enough game time to prove himself here, nothing else so it has absolutely fuckall to do with us not winning yesterday, I’d of taken a draw all day long, given our record v PNE. You won’t find a City fan happier than me at how our season has and how our Club is progressing year on year. 

I can assure you, he didn't apply himself correctly in training. Maybe he suddenly thought he had made it. He was given the opportunity to prove himself in training and didn't, he was offered a loan move to go and prove himself, he rejected it. 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

If only you knew BBSB’s background!!!  I don’t always agree with him, but I take his views of the game more into account than most on here...because of his football experience.

The hour and a half I spent with him in the coffee shop last season before the Villa game was more enjoyable than the 90 minutes of the game.

I’m sure he is knowledgable and he seems to be on the whole a very good poster. 

It would however be nice if he would partake in reasonable debate instead of being condescending about my age, which is surely not what a forums about?

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

Eisa had ample opportunity when he was at AG to show that he had the ability to make the step up to Championship standard. Unfortunately he wasn’t quite good enough so he was let go. 

Ample opportunity! don't make me laugh how many minutes did he actually play? and don't say he couldn't be doing it in training so LJ knows best, training is not an actual game, we have obviously effed up I said it at the time when is he going to be given a chance he wasn't and now we look a bit foolish.

33 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It would however be nice if he would partake in reasonable debate instead of being condescending about my age, which is surely not what a forums about?

It’s because you jump in to defend a couple of posters....just let them get on with it.

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

Ample opportunity! don't make me laugh how many minutes did he actually play? and don't say he couldn't be doing it in training so LJ knows best, training is not an actual game, we have obviously effed up I said it at the time when is he going to be given a chance he wasn't and now we look a bit foolish.

Eisa made the matchday squad on only a few occasions - why? Because LJ nor his assistants thought he’d shown enough in the training matches at Failand and up against Championship defenders despite having ample opportunity to impress them. 

LJ isn’t going to risk any player in the first team if he feels that they’re not quite up to it.

How does he make that decision? - by observing how they perform at Failand and that’s exactly why training is so very crucial.

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s because you jump in to defend a couple of posters....just let them get on with it.

I wasn’t jumping to defend anyone, in fact I made a joke at Bobs post. 

His reaction to it was, as per usual, totally condescending. He is a decent poster, but surely he’s above being condescending so often?

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Eisa made the matchday squad on only a few occasions - why? Because LJ nor his assistants thought he’d shown enough in the training matches at Failand and up against Championship defenders despite having ample opportunity to impress them. 

LJ isn’t going to risk any player in the first team if he feels that they’re not quite up to it.

How does he make that decision? - by observing how they perform at Failand and that’s exactly why training is so very crucial.

There were games in which he could have  played  more minutes just don't think he was given the chance, as said games are very different to training, agree there is a gap in standard between the Championship and League 1 but he is scoring for fun and in the highlights of the games for Peterborough he does look a very tidy finisher, feel we could do with someone like him now whether he could do it for us, well we will never know now. 

19 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Anyone think we made a mistake in letting Mo leave? Especially now we are now abit short on strikers. He Wasn’t given decent run in the side to show what he could do here. Granted L1 is a much lower standard of football but he’s banging them in for P’boro he’s now scored 8 in 10 league games. Keep on like that and with P’boro’s past history they’ll be selling him for £10m come the summer.

Let it go and move forward. If they can sell him then we will get a nice percentage. Would he have made a difference in yesterdays game ? Who knows and who cares.

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

There were games in which he could have  played  more minutes just don't think he was given the chance, as said games are very different to training, agree there is a gap in standard between the Championship and League 1 but he is scoring for fun and in the highlights of the games for Peterborough he does look a very tidy finisher, feel we could do with someone like him now whether he could do it for us, well we will never know now. 

You've answered your own question really. If he couldn't cut it in training then why put him in the first team ? Good luck to him at Peterborough.

9 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Couple of things on your post, First of all I’d find it highly unlikely we’d of signed him if he didn’t have the right attitude, especially signing him from GJ’s Cheltenham where LJ would of had a lot more info on Eisa than any of his other signings.

Secondly I started this thread after seeing that Eisa who we sold in the summer scored another 2 yesterday, who wasn’t given enough game time to prove himself here, nothing else so it has absolutely fuckall to do with us not winning yesterday, I’d of taken a draw all day long, given our record v PNE. You won’t find a City fan happier than me at how our season has and how our Club is progressing year on year. 

If I remember rightly Mo was injured early on in his City career evidently that would have held him back .

We will never know but I’m happy that the lad is getting regular football now and with Posh’s reputation we should be in for a nice little sell on fee and probably a promotion bonus as well in the not too distant future.

The club have always got to be making difficult decisions and they can’t always get it right but they have all the information to hand to make the best judgment possible, certainly loads more than the supporters who don’t even know half of it .

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Quite right there is an ‘age condescension ‘ forum on the net if that’s what people want .

( I spose ) 

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Disagree - It’s not the few mins Eisa got that his Championship ability is entirely based on, although they do matter.

His performances at Failand are absolutely crucial for any fringe player trying to force himself into the matchday squad which he managed on a few occasions but obviously couldn’t maintain that. 

The bottom line line is that all three coaches all agreed that he wasn’t quite up to Championship standard and these guys are qualified professional coaches and that’s good enough for me.

Here's a question then... If LJ could tell at Failand that Eisa wasn't good enough, why did he put him in the matchday squad numerous times and bring him on in those aforementioned 5 games? Surely that would be self-defeating?

19 minutes ago, mozo said:

Here's a question then... If LJ could tell at Failand that Eisa wasn't good enough, why did he put him in the matchday squad numerous times and bring him on in those aforementioned 5 games? Surely that would be self-defeating?

And that’s the difficulty mozo......It’s a test that all potential first teamers have to face,

Eisa obviously showed enough at Failand to warrant a place in the matchday squad but......it’s a massive step up to actually play a part as a sub in a meaningful  Championship fixture. Everyone knows that points are at stake so introducing new players via the bench is a gradual way to Championship standard football.

Unfortunately Eisa looked ‘a little lost’ and out of his depth when he made those few cameo appearances and that was picked up by LJ who I think decided after 5 or 6 brief cameos  that Eisa wasn’t quite ready......

On 28/09/2019 at 20:40, Robbored said:

Eisa had ample opportunity when he was at AG to show that he had the ability to make the step up to Championship standard. Unfortunately he wasn’t quite good enough so he was let go. 

Not true his face didnt fit with johnson end of. Thats why the camel played in yesterdays game Marley watkins to justify his wages and signing on fee.

Archived