Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
formerly known as ivan

Ollie Watkins

Recommended Posts

Would love to think we would go all out for this lad in January if we are still in the mix for promotion. A player of his quality really could be the difference between making it to the promised land or not.

Just scores again, 5th of the season in what seems a poor Brentford team.

And as I posted this he just hit the post and then crossbar in the space of a couple of seconds!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Would love to think we would go all out for this lad in January if we are still in the mix for promotion. A player of his quality really could be the difference between making it to the promised land or not.

Just scores again, 5th of the season in what seems a poor Brentford team.

Just thought the same watching this. Looks like he would fit the bill to replace Afobe, likes to play off the shoulder, good pace. Would link well with players like Kasey. 

 

You're looking at £15m minimum though. Depends how close we are on Jan 1st I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe Brentford were talking £20m in the summer. Like us they can demand top fees because of the funds they have already raised from selling players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our chance to of got Ollie is now long gone. BCFC were well aware of his abilities pre Brentford, they even knew about him prior to making his Exeter first team debut. Shame as I know for a fact he would of loved to of signed for us back then. Top lad top player. As Chin said he’s a 15/20 million forward now. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Woodrow's been very good as well in terrible conditions. Funny how it just clicks at some stage in a career at a particular club.

I thought he showed things here enough to take a risk on a 2 year or so contract as a different option - might prove to be one that got away.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Our chance to of got Ollie is now long gone. BCFC were well aware of his abilities pre Brentford, they even knew about him prior to making his Exeter first team debut. Shame as I know for a fact he would of loved to of signed for us back then. Top lad top player. As Chin said he’s a 15/20 million forward now. 

Palace were in for him in Summer and would have taken him had Saha gone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redcherryberry said:

There were a few Prem clubs sniffing Bob I’m led to believe. 

Reminds me of Dele Ali

Well,  the Ali of two seasons ago !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Reminds me of Dele Ali

Well,  the Ali of two seasons ago !

Yeah very similar. 

What has happened to Ali? Injuries? Don’t really follow the Prem. 

Ollie has just notched again btw....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redcherryberry said:

Yeah very similar. 

What has happened to Ali? Injuries? Don’t really follow the Prem. 

Ollie has just notched again btw....

From the outside looking in....attitude....looks to me like he got ahead of himself.  Became lazy on the pitch defensively and working for space.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Woodrow's been very good as well in terrible conditions. Funny how it just clicks at some stage in a career at a particular club.

As you say, different players for different clubs as we've found with Afobe and William's.

Always amazes me why "top" teams like Manure can't build another team from their huge stable of young players? It's alright thinking they must spend ridiculous amounts on a player who more often than not brings a huge ego with them. £100 million guarantees nothing if the player doesn't get. Take for instance Sanchez?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From the outside looking in....attitude....looks to me like he got ahead of himself.  Became lazy on the pitch defensively and working for space.

This , absolutely

Become a bit of a Billy Big B*******

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

Er, did you see how he just let Watkins score unchallenged?

No, I’m a few mins behind live.

 

i have now 

Edited by Davefevs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Yeah very similar. 

What has happened to Ali? Injuries? Don’t really follow the Prem. 

Ollie has just notched again btw....

 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From the outside looking in....attitude....looks to me like he got ahead of himself.  Became lazy on the pitch defensively and working for space.

Mind you how good was Kane yesterday

Magnificent , his involvement and finish in that winner superb

Now there’s a top top pro

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

 

Mind you how good was Kane yesterday

Magnificent , his involvement and finish in that winner superb

Now there’s a top top pro

Aaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhh, you know I don’t rate his overall game....but boy can he finish.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Aaarrrrrrrgggggggghhhhh, you know I don’t rate his overall game....but boy can he finish.

Did you see him yesterday Dave - his running , movement and all round game magnificent and drove Spurs on with 10 men

How about the fantastic little header from an upfield clearance to initiate the winner !

 

On another note - De Bruyne- Wow -   Is he a better crosser of the ball than the reigning No 1 , Beckham ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Did you see him yesterday Dave - his running , movement and all round game magnificent and drove Spurs on with 10 men

How about the fantastic little header from an upfield clearance to initiate the winner !

 

On another note - De Bruyne- Wow -   Is he a better crosser of the ball than the reigning No 1 , Beckham ?

No, only The goals.  In fairness, my evaluation of Kane is mainly related to how he plays for England.  He plays differently at club-level, and I do think he’s a star in Spurs set up.  England he’s one-dimensional.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Our chance to of got Ollie is now long gone. BCFC were well aware of his abilities pre Brentford, they even knew about him prior to making his Exeter first team debut. Shame as I know for a fact he would of loved to of signed for us back then. Top lad top player. As Chin said he’s a 15/20 million forward now. 

I was led to believe Exeter wanted £3m from us but accepted £1.8m from Brentford. Relations between the clubs were not good it seems.

Though you can imagine the furore on here at that time if we had paid £3m for a lower league player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lovely hat trick goal. Fantastic ball from Benrahma out to Canos, then in to Watkins who's free in the box. Brentford's three key players combining for a great goal given the conditions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

No, only The goals.  In fairness, my evaluation of Kane is mainly related to how he plays for England.  He plays differently at club-level, and I do think he’s a star in Spurs set up.  England he’s one-dimensional.

You surprise me Dave. For England, playing in a front 3, he often drops off and sets moves up rather well I think. Something you can do if you have Sancho and Sterling making runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barnsley going down easily. Will finish bottom I reckon. Can’t stay up with 4 good players 

1 minute ago, archie andrews said:

Brentford coming into form..... Who they got Tuesday I wonder... 

Nobody 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Would love to think we would go all out for this lad in January if we are still in the mix for promotion. A player of his quality really could be the difference between making it to the promised land or not.

Just scores again, 5th of the season in what seems a poor Brentford team.

And as I posted this he just hit the post and then crossbar in the space of a couple of seconds!

Was thinking this myself. With the through balls Palmer puts through I think he’d suit us. Barnsley playing such a high line though it’s made for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Have to go with 3 CB's against this lot on this form. Flat 4 getting murdered here.

The most pathetic midfield defensive display I’ve seen for a long time though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Barnsley playing Watkins into form

They look a dreadful side who have already given the season up. Defensively they are putting in no effort at all. Relegation certainties on this evidence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, redcherryberry said:

Our chance to of got Ollie is now long gone. BCFC were well aware of his abilities pre Brentford, they even knew about him prior to making his Exeter first team debut. Shame as I know for a fact he would of loved to of signed for us back then. Top lad top player. As Chin said he’s a 15/20 million forward now. 

Absolutely criminal we let Ollie slip through our fingers twice 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

You surprise me Dave. For England, playing in a front 3, he often drops off and sets moves up rather well I think. Something you can do if you have Sancho and Sterling making runs.

I think he’s been better in the last 18 months admittedly....aided by Sterling and the likes of Sancho bringing fluidity.  Not saying it’s only because of them, but partly because of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think he’s been better in the last 18 months admittedly....aided by Sterling and the likes of Sancho bringing fluidity.  Not saying it’s only because of them, but partly because of them.

I think he has changed his game somewhat since the World Cup, when he was a bit one dimensional I agree.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think he’s been better in the last 18 months admittedly....aided by Sterling and the likes of Sancho bringing fluidity.  Not saying it’s only because of them, but partly because of them.

Innate ability over speed. The knack of being in the right place at the right time, something that is very hard to teach + can finish well with both feet and good in the air.

Teddy Sheringham had similar talents.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, chinapig said:

You surprise me Dave. For England, playing in a front 3, he often drops off and sets moves up rather well I think. Something you can do if you have Sancho and Sterling making runs.

As you mention Sancho and Sterling, what on earth had happened to Hudson-odoi? He seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...