Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

“Let’s go City let’s go”

I’ve just come back from New York and was lucky enough to get tickets to see New York rangers ice hockey at Maddison square gardens. We think we got it bad...

Pre match entertainment some long haired guy who looked like Rasputin who played side 2 of the Beatles Abbey road, instrumentally on a Wurlitzer organ.

during the match the round screen above the rink cycled through a video of a rising clapometer that rose as the words MAKE SOME NOISE scrolled across it, at which point the audience hooted and hollered before lapsing into silence as soon as the screen went blank.

The aforementioned wulitzer player would then play a tune as Let’s go rangers, let’s go, scrolled across the screen that encouraged the crowd to join in, again until the video stopped and silence prevailed.

After the umpteenth time of this happening, my partner stands us, arms outstretched and bellows out, ‘one song,, you’ve only got one song’ before sitting down again

give me Ashton gate anyday

Edited by gl1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
17 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Do we still sing 'Keep the Red flag flying high'?  I haven't heard that old classic for a while, and it used to get all corners of the ground singing it.

If I had the voice / confidence to start songs I'd be bellowing that all game.

Can't say I've heard the one mentioned in the title.

Heard it a lot at away games

20 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I can’t understand 50% of the words sung in the songs. Just a loud mumble. In this , high tech, day and age I’m surprised we can’t have sub titles 

"...his hair is really* massive..." - happy to help.

*At least that's what the kid next to me was singing which I thought was quite cute.

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I thought it was Bristolian? 🧐

Saturday:

morning - Joe’s first taste of Wheelchair footie

afternoon - City at AG

evening - Flyers at the Wise

nice day coming up!!!

I'm looking for a 3-to-zip outcome and @Davefevs will be knocking it out of the park.  Go Bristol!

• Like 1