IGNORED

Lucas João

189thoughts

2 goals and 2 assists already, despite drifting in and out- think 1 goal and 2 assists for Reading and one for Sheffield Wednesday- ironically on the opening day, vs Reading!

Agree @Davefevs would've been a good addition IMO- stylistically could have seen him suiting us too. Afobe though, really disappointing what happened- he was starting to link up so well with Weimann and Palmer.

Seemed a sensible decision to let him go at the time, probably still was when you consider our financial situation now.  He wasn't first choice for us often as we'd got lots of good strikers at that time. They've all left now of course and we'd kill for someone of his quality now. Glad to see him doing well though.  

12 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Should we have pushed harder in summer 2019?

He clearly is not bad technically, has grown as a player at Reading- and in summer 2019 was in a position whereby he had room for growth and value protection/increase.

Have you been following the latest mess at Wednesday? The chairman has lost the plot completely now.

I have to say forums can be laughable at times with the points scoring. The general consensus of this forum was that he wasn't an inspirational signing at the time. He's had a good season and a topic gets brought back up from 2019 just to ask a rhetorical question about the hypothetical signing.

Look I get it fans have varying different views, but I don't understand why people purposely bring up the past for points scoring measures. that's not directed at you @Ryan_BCFC in particular, but more as a forum in general. 

*Just to disclose I wasn't pro or against the signing originally*

2 hours ago, Owl Visiting said:

Have you been following the latest mess at Wednesday? The chairman has lost the plot completely now.

Googled a bit earlier after you mentioned it- I've watched a few of his pronouncements/interviews- wow, where to start! Assuming you mean the Paul Cook stuff? Think he would be a fine appointment for any side at this level, I suppose in slight defence 6 month deals might become more commonplace- see also McCarthy at Cardiff, Cook offered that at Cardiff and seemingly with yourselves- I say more commonplace, in Covid times I mean.

Bit of a tossup for him and Mel Morris for least competent chairman at this moment IMO, but the latter seems to be on the way out or trying to be- but like I say watched some of Chansiri's interviews and wow tbh!

Archived