Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Drew Peacock

Players' car park.

2 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Whose is the Ferrari and whose is the Aston?  Not seen those before.

Kalas has the Ferrari not sure on the Aston though. 

• Like 1

COD used to have a Merc, but now has a Range Rover, COD 11.  Fam has a black Merc with a French plate. Kalas has a Ferrari.

J DS will need something with a booster seat so that he can see over the steering wheel.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

COD used to have a Merc, but now has a Range Rover, COD 11.  Fam has a black Merc with a French plate. Kalas has a Ferrari.

Cough....cough...stalker! ;)

10 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

On Wednesday I saw someone driving a Ferrari into the car park and reviving the engine. I though this chap must be a berk, then saw it was Kalas, so decided  he was a very sensible person just revving the engine to ensure nobody was bumped by the car 

Did he revive it in the end? And was he wearing overalls?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

On Wednesday I saw someone driving a Ferrari into the car park and revving the engine. I though this chap must be a berk, then saw it was Kalas, so decided  he was a very sensible person just revving the engine to ensure nobody was bumped by the car 

Love the word berk. Im guessing you are a 50+ gentleman?!🤗

Missed opportunity to go into the automatics today and played poorly...   What better time to bring up who's driving what I suppose.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1
  • Rovers 1

12 minutes ago, shelts said:

I always used to like the yellow Megan’s a few years ago that some of our players had 

Before she met HRH? Yeah, I know it's spelt different. 

1 minute ago, BS15_RED said:

Wasn’t there a deal with Lada during the Russell Osman era?

No that was for the big salon type hairdryers in the dressing room

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nickolas said:

50+ yes. Gentleman ? - more like a grumpy geezer 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Love the word berk.....

It’s actually very offensive - an abbreviation of the Cockney rhyming slang “Royal Berkshire Hunt...” - you’re welcome! 😄🍷

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

J DS will need something with a booster seat so that he can see over the steering wheel.

massengo might have an fs1e? dx of course

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s actually very offensive - an abbreviation of the Cockney rhyming slang “Royal Berkshire Hunt...” - you’re welcome! 😄🍷

That’s why they aren’t allowed to use it in Parliament. Look it up if you don’t believe me...

3 hours ago, Red94 said:

Kalas has the Ferrari not sure on the Aston though. 

I was taken to Arsenal vs Liverpool in the champions league once ... it wasn’t a brill game. Walking out after I saw most of the Arsenal players drive out of the underground players’ car park at their stadium - the usual array of Maseratis, Porsches and Ferrari was on show .... and then Kolo Toure drove out in a Ford Focus containing his wife and kids - I kinda respected him after that - he may have had a serious motor at home but didn’t rub supporters’ noses in it at the stadium ...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 9

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Why wouldn’t I believe you?!

I am sure you would, but many who didn’t know the derivation would think of it as a fairly mild term, and not even abusive.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jjcarrera1974 said:

The Aston is Ashley Williams...

This is correct. Kalas used to have a white Bentley but lately has driven a Ferrari.

A few games ago, when we were looking for a striker after Afobe got injured, some fans caught sight of a big black car being driven out of the players car park with a personalised plate. Some fans went chasing after the car thinking it was a new striker who had been watching us...only to find a bemused Mark Ashton at the wheel 😀

15 hours ago, shelts said:

I always used to like the yellow Megan’s a few years ago that some of our players had 

Yep. City Motors did a sponsorship deal and the first team had Megane convertibles on loan. Scott Murray used to boot his up North St. Banana yellow it was. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nickolas said:

Berk is Cockney rhyming slang for ‘ Berkeley Hunt ‘ .

I’ll leave you to work it out ...

9 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Yep. City Motors did a sponsorship deal and the first team had Megane convertibles on loan. Scott Murray used to boot his up North St. Banana yellow it was. 

I don’t recall North Street ever being banana yellow.

Edited by Major Isewater

19 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but it is 11 COD

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Berk is Cockney rhyming slang for ‘ Berkeley Hunt ‘ .

I’ll leave you to work it out ...

I don’t recall North Street ever being banana yellow.

No working out required thanks. 
Purely saying i like the term as its seems To be an older gent’s saying as my dad always says it!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Remember one time Scotty during a break in the game ran to the touch line.. you’d presume to receive instructions or take on water. Nope, it had started raining and he had to ask someone to go put the roof up on said megane 

16 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

The Gas have their own sponsorship deal going now. On a smaller scale, of course.

Image result for shriners cars"

10 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

Remember one time Scotty during a break in the game ran to the touch line.. you’d presume to receive instructions or take on water. Nope, it had started raining and he had to ask someone to go put the roof up on said megane 

Wasn’t that Colin Cramb? 

On 27/10/2019 at 19:54, redsquirrel said:

massengo might have an fs1e? dx of course

Price they go for now mind. I wish I’d never sold mine as it was an absolute minter