Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Lanterne Rouge

Two key players out for Cardiff next Sunday

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

Is he? Hadn`t heard that. Bugger!

Played a couple of U23's games, so really has had more game time than Kalas in recovering

Just now, hodge said:

Played a couple of U23's games, so really has had more game time than Kalas in recovering

Just looked at the stats for yesterday and see he came on in the 85th minute for Curtis Nelson.

Well, we all know he`ll have a stormer next week, he always does against us.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Sol Bamba fit again just in time then

11 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

no need to make a song or dance about it is there......

Is his hair ******* massive..?

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50282809

Sean Morrison broke his wrist yesterday and Danny Ward got sent off so both will miss the game.

Every little helps.

Absolute blessing in disguise as he’s been well off lately including a shocking show the week before at Swansea. Curtis nelson even got a game and was man of the match v Birmingham, hope to god he plays v you lot aswell as a few others who deserve a go but Warnock likes to overlook them for his name players instead! Tomlin, flint and pack to have stormers? 

Just now, Montpelierblue said:

Absolute blessing in disguise as he’s been well off lately including a shocking show the week before at Swansea. Curtis nelson even got a game and was man of the match v Birmingham, hope to god he plays v you lot aswell as a few others who deserve a go but Warnock likes to overlook them for his name players instead! Tomlin, flint and pack to have stormers? 

Will it be Bamba in for Morrison you think?

I think we all know we"re going to get bombarded at set pieces. As thinks our Achilles heel at the moment.

Not going to make pleasant viewing on sky unfortunately.

Amazing how much we've missed Fam defensively. Apparently he is top of the stats for defensive headers won by a forward.

13 minutes ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I think we all know we"re going to get bombarded at set pieces. As thinks our Achilles heel at the moment.

Amazing how much we've missed Fam defensively. Apparently he is top of the stats for defensive headers won by a forward.

If only he was able to make that many headers in the opposition box :yes:

1 hour ago, ncnsbcfc said:

You might be wrong there. Glatzel, our 5 million pound un droppable German flop is finally injured along with Morrison, all we did was pump high balls up to them. Now they are out we are going other ways. It wasn’t  until we started passing it about we broke Birmingham down and scored four.  The worm turned in that game. Has our season begun, finally? 

I recall the days, before our playoff game in 2003 we could never beat you....the spell was reversed possibly when Scott Murray ran the length of the bob bank waving at us all.....

• Like 1

Watching Cardiffs  4-2  win over Birmingham ..............It looks like they might have used up a fair portion of good fortune to say the least?  (Lucky bastards}  Two dubious penalties and a debatable sending off gave them a result they didn't deserve.   The referee was of regular Championship standard.............in other words, incompetent.   We will need a strong referee on Sunday, and not the type of Homer that officiated for the Birmingham game!

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Well, they're still nowhere near the amount of key players we have out injured.

29 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

And we are happy our so called key players are out as they were bang off form

* as a result this weeks episode of Through The Keyhole with Keith Lemmon has been cancelled.

Pressed for a comment the popular Chubby tv presenter appeared slightly unhinged and Yaled  '' its just bad lock innit'' before slamming the door. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

I've repeatedly said from day one, that Fam would make a better CB than forward. He wins so much at defensive set pieces and when he doesn't, he does enough to put others off. It's no coincidence that we've conceded so much at set pieces since he hasn't played.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ncnsbcfc said:

Spot on. I would put money on now that flint will score. 

I have lost count of the number of times my hopes have been raised prior to a game by the news that so and so and so and so will be missing from our next opponents, due to injury or suspension, only for us to fail to take advantage and prevail in that fixture. I think it's 27, or it might be 34. Or 234. 

So don't get your hopes up. They'll not be sending nine out to face us instead of eleven. Warnock might be getting on a bit now/forgetful but he's not going to miss this minor detail.

And when you play Warnock, it's not formations and tactics and sh1t like that: first, it's stomach and heart and bollocks and gumption or what younger, new-fangled sorts than Warnock might perhaps call performance state or some such. Or, getting yer head to a corner before they do.

______________Bents______________

Moore____Kalas___Williams____Baker

_____Hunt___Messengo__Rowe_____

Weimann______Rodri________Palmer

That would be the team I'd play against Cardiff. Maybe swap Hunt for Brownhill depending on fitness.

Need to compete against set pieces.

Hunt and Rowe add some steel

Massengo does what he does.

Top 3 have different qualities that could work against Cardiff.

• Hmmm 1

7 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

You might be wrong there. Glatzel, our 5 million pound un droppable German flop is finally injured along with Morrison, all we did was pump high balls up to them. Now they are out we are going other ways. It wasn’t  until we started passing it about we broke Birmingham down and scored four.  The worm turned in that game. Has our season begun, finally? 

I recall the days, before our playoff game in 2003 we could never beat you....the spell was reversed possibly when Scott Murray ran the length of the bob bank waving at us all.....

...and Ward suspended too.

46 minutes ago, spudski said:

That would be the team I'd play against Cardiff. Maybe swap Hunt for Brownhill depending on fitness.

Hunt injured isnt he....not back til after the break.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, spudski said:

I've repeatedly said from day one, that Fam would make a better CB than forward. He wins so much at defensive set pieces and when he doesn't, he does enough to put others off. It's no coincidence that we've conceded so much at set pieces since he hasn't played.

There's more to defending than winning headers! Fam trying to tackle in defence would be a disaster!

• Like 2

We have been shocking for the best part of this early season. We endured Warnock's style of play previously because it was getting results. Despite the negativity associated with the kind of football we served up in the first two seasons under Warnock, we were however, direct and great at the counter-attack, especially down the wings. It wasn't THAT bad to watch.

We had a poor Summer transfer window; considering the Sky TV money we had (more TV revenue than teams such as Juventus, Bayern Munich and PSG, to name but a few. Crazy, huh!), record Championship season ticket sales and players such as Bobby Reid and Josh Murphy, who were signed on realistic salaries that meant that in the event (likely!) of us returning to the Championship, we could build a team around them. Warnock decided to focus his recruitment on League One (2 players from Oxford), a player from the German 2nd tier (on the strength of one glorious game, whereby he scored a hat-trick against Bayern Munich in a cup tie) and two of your ex-players... Flint and Pack. We already lacked pace in our aging defence and yet Warnock thought that Flint was the answer? Pack, can play some nice passes at times but he's just too slow. Sixteen million pounds worth of players (Reid and Cunningham) sent out on loan to rival Championship teams.

We never give youth a chance, on Saturday against Birmingham we didn't field one player under the age of 26. The fans are restless and Warnock is starting to come under pressure for the first time. Both of our sides have been hit hard by injuries; how the game will go is anyone's guess, however, I'm not expecting it to be pleasing on the eye.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Robin 1

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

There's more to defending than winning headers! Fam trying to tackle in defence would be a disaster!

Of course I know that mate...however his defensive skills at set pieces are naturally better than his offensive imo. And our eyes and stats prove it.

Imo if he'd changed position and learnt the trade of a CB at a younger age he could have been good.

Worth looking at stats as well, to actually see how many tackles are made in a game...not many. It's all about blocks and interception and forcing errors.

Imo Famaras 'engine' and natural vision would also suit a CB.

2 hours ago, Latcher said:

We have been shocking for the best part of this early season. We endured Warnock's style of play previously because it was getting results. Despite the negativity associated with the kind of football we served up in the first two seasons under Warnock, we were however, direct and great at the counter-attack, especially down the wings. It wasn't THAT bad to watch.

We had a poor Summer transfer window; considering the Sky TV money we had (more TV revenue than teams such as Juventus, Bayern Munich and PSG, to name but a few. Crazy, huh!), record Championship season ticket sales and players such as Bobby Reid and Josh Murphy, who were signed on realistic salaries that meant that in the event (likely!) of us returning to the Championship, we could build a team around them. Warnock decided to focus his recruitment on League One (2 players from Oxford), a player from the German 2nd tier (on the strength of one glorious game, whereby he scored a hat-trick against Bayern Munich in a cup tie) and two of your ex-players... Flint and Pack. We already lacked pace in our aging defence and yet Warnock thought that Flint was the answer? Pack, can play some nice passes at times but he's just too slow. Sixteen million pounds worth of players (Reid and Cunningham) sent out on loan to rival Championship teams.

We never give youth a chance, on Saturday against Birmingham we didn't field one player under the age of 26. The fans are restless and Warnock is starting to come under pressure for the first time. Both of our sides have been hit hard by injuries; how the game will go is anyone's guess, however, I'm not expecting it to be pleasing on the eye.

We haven’t been shocking at all. Stoke, Barnsley and the like have been shocking.  We are in and around the play offs.  I think people over estimate how good a team has to be to be successful in this league. We have been shocking compared to Liverpool and Man City this season but thankfully we don’t have to be as good as them to be successful 

To be above teams like Fulham with our injuries is pretty amazing really 

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

We haven’t been shocking at all. Stoke, Barnsley and the like have been shocking.  We are in and around the play offs.  I think people over estimate how good a team has to be to be successful in this league. We have been shocking compared to Liverpool and Man City this season but thankfully we don’t have to be as good as them to be successful 

To be above teams like Fulham with our injuries is pretty amazing really 

Whoosh. You’re replying to a Cardiff fan’s comments on THEIR season!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Whoosh. You’re replying to a Cardiff fan’s comments on THEIR season!

Oops. Perhaps he/she should make it clear! 

• Like 1

On 04/11/2019 at 12:07, maxjak said:

Watching Cardiffs  4-2  win over Birmingham ..............It looks like they might have used up a fair portion of good fortune to say the least?  (Lucky bastards}  Two dubious penalties and a debatable sending off gave them a result they didn't deserve.   The referee was of regular Championship standard.............in other words, incompetent.   We will need a strong referee on Sunday, and not the type of Homer that officiated for the Birmingham game!

Their sending-off was in the 93rd minute! We’d been playing with 10-men for 40 minutes by that point.

I’d agree the penalties were debatable but so was the goal we had disallowed. We had some luck but also felt like the sort of gritty performance that helped us get promoted a couple of seasons ago. But, they’ve been few and far between so far this season.

Edited by Keyardiv
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Seems pretty clear to me. Warnock isn’t our manager - for which, much thanks.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Seems pretty clear to me. Warnock isn’t our manager - for which, much thanks.

And he won’t be ours for long. This being his last season. I think he should have bowed out end of last season.  His spending on strikers and wingers that are either useless or he won’t play them, like bobby and Murphy has hit over 35 million, and another five on flint. He can spot a bargain but that’s about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

How much clearer did you need it to be?

...."Despite the negativity associated with the kind of football we served up in the first two seasons under Warnock

"

...."players such as Bobby Reid and Josh Murphy, who were signed on realistic salaries"

..."on Saturday against Birmingham we didn't field one player under the age of 26"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

And he won’t be ours for long. This being his last season. I think he should have bowed out end of last season.  His spending on strikers and wingers that are either useless or he won’t play them, like bobby and Murphy has hit over 35 million, and another five on flint. He can spot a bargain but that’s about it.

I was surprised he didn't call it a day in the summer, especially with the Sala stuff which must have taken its toll on him.

I think the biggest danger on Sunday is going to be set pieces again - we need to be ready for that.

The two wingers aren’t what they were on their promotion season, but will obviously still need keeping quiet. 

I think if we can play it around in front of their back four and run the channels, we can get in behind and punish what is a relatively slow back line. 

21 hours ago, spudski said:

I would take out Palmer for Fam and have Rodri and weimann buzzing behind him . I know Palmer has better quality but for corners alone Fam will be needed to attack but also just as imortantly defend set pieces against a Colin team

Edited by miketh2nd

1 hour ago, miketh2nd said:

I would take out Palmer for Fam and have Rodri and weimann buzzing behind him . I know Palmer has better quality but for corners alone Fam will be needed to attack but also just as imortantly defend set pieces against a Colin team

Fans still suspended.