Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

pl00peh91

Atmosphere

Recommended Posts

Good 2nd half was really rocking around me in section 82, first half just put people to sleep, give people something to be excited about and the gate is noisy place, dolman and south stand joined in towards the end , a good effort

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

What's the point of a signing section when 2/3rds don't bother? **** off out the area if you aren't going to 

Couldn’t agree with this anymore, majority of people around me in the ‘singing section’ are more interested in looking on snapchat or checking the prem scores instead of singing. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Red94 said:

Couldn’t agree with this anymore, majority of people around me in the ‘singing section’ are more interested in looking on snapchat or checking the prem scores instead of singing. 

Don't get to too many home games as I live in London. I went today & as a whole, the atmosphere was piss. If I was in there I wouldn't have stopped from start to finish. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Don't get to too many home games as I live in London. I went today & as a whole, the atmosphere was piss. If I was in there I wouldn't have stopped from start to finish. 

Yeah man, me to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Don't get to too many home games as I live in London. I went today & as a whole, the atmosphere was piss. If I was in there I wouldn't have stopped from start to finish. 

What stopped you singing wherever you were sat? It’s that attitude that creates a bad atmosphere not the actions or not of a thousand or so in the corner

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

What stopped you singing wherever you were sat? It’s that attitude that creates a bad atmosphere not the actions or not of a thousand or so in the corner

Consideration for the people around me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to say that the 2300 Forest fans outsung our 20000+ by a mile.

We only seem to sing when we'te winning, otherwise the place does sound like a library.

Really never understood why folks in the West stand all seem to be mute too.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

55 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

What stopped you singing wherever you were sat? It’s that attitude that creates a bad atmosphere not the actions or not of a thousand or so in the corner

 

52 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Consideration for the people around me.

Eh? Has modern football really got this bad?! You didn’t want to try and create a bit of atmosphere for fear of upsetting people who are attending a football match?! Good grief ... us oldies get criticised for harking back to the good old days, but posts like this make me miss them so, so much ...

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Sorry to say that the 2300 Forest fans outsung our 20000+ by a mile.

We only seem to sing when we'te winning, otherwise the place does sound like a library.

Really never understood why folks in the West stand all seem to be mute too.

Agreed was sat in the Lansdown so always get both ends clearly, Forest good / decent throughout for me, us first half dreadful, all I heard was Bailey Wright tune and some low volume monotonous thing I couldn't understand that just went quietly round for a few minutes, accept guilty nothing ever from the Lansdown, but I thought this was the point of the singing section, the better volume also came from other areas of the South Stand 2nd half in my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think with away fans it depends where you sit, imagine the same with hearing home fans too.

I was in the singing section today and heard forest twice all game.

You could see people singing so not saying they weren’t but not hear anything, it must be purely how noise travels. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

What's the point of a signing section when 2/3rds don't bother? **** off out the area if you aren't 

I love a party with a happy atmosphere 🍾🎉🎈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Sorry to say that the 2300 Forest fans outsung our 20000+ by a mile.

We only seem to sing when we'te winning, otherwise the place does sound like a library.

Really never understood why folks in the West stand all seem to be mute too.

as the forest fans were quick to point out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought it was poor, especially first half. I appreciate a wet day and a fairly boring game don't help though.

Still feel it's a shame the singing area is so far from the away supporters, the interaction between home and away fans was very important to the atmosphere in the EE pre demolition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could hardly stay awake in the first half, let alone sing.

God, our football is too slow and too predictable at the moment, if we played at a higher tempo that might get the crowd going a bit.

Oh and a shot on target might help too.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E.G.Red said:

as the forest fans were quick to point out

They're not the only ones.

"Is this a library"

"You're support is ****ing sh**"

"You only sing when you're winning"

Have all been sung by a number of opposition fans.

We should be ashamed.......at least those who don't bother should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

They're not the only ones.

"Is this a library"

"You're support is ****ing sh**"

"You only sing when you're winning"

Have all been sung by a number of opposition fans.

We should be ashamed.......at least those who don't bother should.

And have been sung by our fans at multiple other grounds, it’s a football thing nowadays sadly, not just us

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the songs, that some of the lads behind me get going, are really downbeat and kill the atmosphere. 

Even the elliasson song which i like, is too dreary for a football song.

Edited by Riaz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like most people posting on this thread are either complaining/disappointed about the lack of atmosphere or waiting for someone else to entertain them by starting a chant/song. Just a suggestion, but why not leave your inhibitions at home and sing your fricking head off? Nobody will think any less of you and the buzz you will get when the whole stadium joins in with you is something else.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Sounds like most people posting on this thread are either complaining/disappointed about the lack of atmosphere or waiting for someone else to entertain them by starting a chant/song. Just a suggestion, but why not leave your inhibitions at home and sing your fricking head off? Nobody will think any less of you and the buzz you will get when the whole stadium joins in with you is something else.

It’s funny you mention that as I did try to sing a fair number of times at the back of the Dolman but a few people seemed visibly alienated which put me off - it really depends where you sit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only get to games every six months when I get back home. City is quite often on Be In Sports Channel 2 and they are nearly all the away games for some reason. When I watch these on Foxtel I can always clearly hear the city chants and songs from the city supporters that travel away. Perhaps its because we play better away and you can always see the City flags proudly and plenty of noise coming from the city supporters that travel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

 

 

Eh? Has modern football really got this bad?! You didn’t want to try and create a bit of atmosphere for fear of upsetting people who are attending a football match?! Good grief ... us oldies get criticised for harking back to the good old days, but posts like this make me miss them so, so much ...

Modern football is Sh1te taken over by VAR, profit, rules and regs and is missing Pride, Passion and Belief. Football and Sat at the match is now only left in our memories. Sit down shut up.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why after every game with a poor atmosphere is there always so many excuses, I really don’t understand it. If the team are playing boring football who cares we can still create some noise.

I just wish for once everyone would stop complaining and just start backing the team instead or is Ashton gate truly dead for atmosphere now? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Riaz said:

Some of the songs, that some of the lads behind me get going, are really downbeat and kill the atmosphere. 

Even the elliasson song which i like, is too dreary for a football song.

Matches the football on show Riaz 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Red94 said:

Why after every game with a poor atmosphere is there always so many excuses, I really don’t understand it. If the team are playing boring football who cares we can still create some noise.

I just wish for once everyone would stop complaining and just start backing the team instead or is Ashton gate truly dead for atmosphere now? 

Lets be honest mate, atmosphere at Ashton Gate has been non exsistant since they stopped putting us by the away fans 

It's been shocking for some time 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Riaz said:

Some of the songs, that some of the lads behind me get going, are really downbeat and kill the atmosphere. 

Even the elliasson song which i like, is too dreary for a football song.

It depends what you put into it, I commented to my mate yesterday there are too many people mumbling there way through songs making them sound downbeat rather than singing with a bit of pride, put some effort in to that Eliasson song and it would be great. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

What's the point of a signing section when 2/3rds don't bother? **** off out the area if you aren't going to 

That section of the ground is a standing section but the club can’t call it that because standing isn’t allowed. The primary reason some people go there is to stand, with singing just a secondary reason 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Lets be honest mate, atmosphere at Ashton Gate has been non exsistant since they stopped putting us by the away fans 

It's been shocking for some time 

Yeah I agree it’s not as good not being able to banter with the away fans and make it more intimidating in that matter but it is what it is we can still create an atmosphere being where we are! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sit in the family area, upper Lansdown. I will sing but I won’t start songs. Sadly no-one starts songs up there. We need more people to be proactive but no-one wants to start a song and not be backed up. Not sure what the answer is. Strategically placed hype men??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pieman said:

Sounds like most people posting on this thread are either complaining/disappointed about the lack of atmosphere or waiting for someone else to entertain them by starting a chant/song. Just a suggestion, but why not leave your inhibitions at home and sing your fricking head off? Nobody will think any less of you and the buzz you will get when the whole stadium joins in with you is something else.

But isn’t that the point of the singing section? If they get going then others will join in. Perhaps if we had some musical instruments in addition to the singing similar to that in other grounds that would get the crowd going. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...