IGNORED

Poll: how would you feel about LJ leaving?

Fordy62

If Johnson left tomorrow, what would be your overriding emotion?  

706 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Not entirely sure how year on year improvement in league position for the past five seasons can be considered plateauing? :blink:

We shall see at the end of the season, at the moment we look a team not quite good enough to go up and have done so for the past two seasons, we have had a lot of injuries this season so the jury is out when they are all back let's see how we do, yes we have improved year on year but to me at the moment look like we have found our level 6th to 10th if we make the playoffs (or better) great all I'm saying is after narrowly missing out last year and blowing a good position the season before maybe the current manager has found his own ceiling.

I've always been ambivalent towards Johnson.  Thinks he's been shown significant favouritism when others most definitely would not have.  He's done nothing that many, many other managers have not done - bit of a cup run, flirted with the play offs.  Think he's overegged by some fans.  He's a run of the mill manager. I think he's got to a stage where he and his team are treading water and they've run out of ideas. Should he go? No.  But, all things come to an end eventually, and I can't help but think that we'd be better off in someone elses hands. 

4 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

I've always been ambivalent towards Johnson.  Thinks he's been shown significant favouritism when others most definitely would not have.  He's done nothing that many, many other managers have not done - bit of a cup run, flirted with the play offs.  Think he's overegged by some fans.  He's a run of the mill manager. I think he's got to a stage where he and his team are treading water and they've run out of ideas. Should he go? No.  But, all things come to an end eventually, and I can't help but think that we'd be better off in someone elses hands. 

premier league football GIF by BT SportIs this what you want ?

Be afraid .

On 25/11/2019 at 10:31, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Anyone who wants LJ gone clearly is not in the right frame of mind. 

Progress year after year even after selling best players for millions every summer. Has to rebuild every season and still progresses. 

This season, only lost twice, around the top 6 and with injuries to key players.

LJ won't truly be appreciated by some unfortunately until he is gone. Best manager we have had in a long long time.

Agree with everything you say but I know that like me, a lot of City fans don't think he's capable of getting us promoted. 

Progress has been made but I'm not sure he can kick on with us. Imho... 

6 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Watford perhaps. 

Seen a poll on one of their fan twitter sites, Johnson was the clear leader as to who they'd want. 

6 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

That's only because all our"secretly glad" voters registered on Watford's forum so they could then vote for LJ in their poll. :)

I’m in the not gonna lose sleep camp. 

I think he’s a done decent job with improving our league position every season he’s been here. Slowly making us an established club and hopefully pushing on again.

But there’s not been one coach/manager in our history who’s had more financial support than him. The job came around at a perfect time for him after the debts from the McInnes/SOD/ era had gone and by the time Cotts had left, we were financially stable again.

So yeah, he’s done well but I often wonder what Cotts could have done if he had the same luxuries as LJ.

I really enjoyed the football under SC but I’ve never really taken to Lee and the home performances in the past 12-18 months. He just comes across as an arrogant know it all.

On 25/11/2019 at 11:52, The Gasbuster said:

Interesting point.

I don't want to see LJ going anywhere; and hope that he gets us to where we want to be sooner rather than later.

There is a level of frustration though. We have seen many teams come from nowhere and get to the P.L. before us.

Next year marks the 40th anniversary of us saying goodbye to top flight football. It has been a very slow recovery (for a whole host of reasons, I know).

Some of the teams who have got to the P.L. from starting positions below us :

Cardiff, Swansea, Brighton, Reading, Watford, Wigan, Burnley, Barnsley, Blackpool, Fulham, Huddesfield, Bolton, Bradford

It must be our turn soon ?

49 clubs have played at least one season of Premier League football, so who will be the 50th?

Looking at the list of forty odd that have yet to reach the PL circus, if we are not the 50th, or at worst, the 51st, then the current "project" will surely have failed. Won't it?

Of those, like us, still waiting to take part in PL football, none are "bigger" than us (indeed, the list consists of all the minnows and nobodies), or have any advantage over us. Preston are a couple of points ahead of us but sell and lose just as much, if not more, of their assets than we do. They have to: their crowds are about 7 to 8000 lower than ours. All I can see in Preston's favour is that they have a coach with a promotion from this division on his cv.

We are in pole-position to be the 50th. But maybe there will never be a 50th club to reach the PL....

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I assume you are talking more generally, as I can't think of many City managers that have achieved what he has over the past 40 years...

There does appear to be rather a lot - waay too much, now - of this: City fans falling over themselves to hail our "remarkable" progress and the "incredible" job being done by those in charge, when our progress is only in any way "remarkable" or the job done here "incredible" when compared to ourselves, and our own somewhat modest (and often sh1te) record for 90% of our history.

Compared to almost every club of comparable size (average attendances, stadium capacity, local population etc) and football beyond Bristol, our progress is anything but "remarkable" or "incredible." It is progress, but of the steady variety, rather than the Sheffield United variety (what is their "progress" if ours is remarkable /incredible?)

We are competing against Preston, Brentford, Swansea, Hull, Derby, Forest, 2019, not Bristol City 1981 to 2013 (there are no medals, that I am aware of, for doing better than Russel Osman or John Ward). Let us judge ourselves against the former, not the latter. Please.

14 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I really enjoyed the football under SC but I’ve never really taken to Lee and the home performances in the past 12-18 months. He just comes across as an arrogant know it all.

A lot of people say this - there tends to be one character flaw in each manager that lots of people identify throughout their tenure

Johnson - Arrogant

Cotterill - Angry

SO'D - Dour

What is it about Johnson that makes people think he's an 'arrogant know it all'?

Archived