Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

harvey54

Let the love in begin

Tomorrow nights game on Sky will be another chance for sky to celebrate West Brom's inevitable march back to the Premier league where a club of their stature naturally belongs. 

Prepare to be sickened at the sight of Slaven Bilic being fawned over and feted for lowering himself to manage outside the top division. 

Immerse yourselves in the in-depth profiles of their fading ex Premier league players. 

Unfashionable 'bristol' will hardly get a mention and be treated as an afterthought; a mere thorn in the foot of the mighty baggies and their triumphant march onwards. 

Dare to dream boys. We always believe 

Coyr!! 

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

Just now, harvey54 said:

We should have a sweepstake. 

How many minutes before we're referred to as a 'sleeping giant' ffs 🤔

Genuinely, don't think I've heard us called that in my entire memory. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Frank Skinner and Adrian Chiles on camera too please. 

Mr Skinner is at the Hippodrome on Thursday if Wednesday isn't enough for you....

Edited by Calculus

2 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

I hate Sky and the way they don’t mention us ! ...really pisses me off! ...I hope we beat em to shut em up! ...1-2 City! COYR!! 

I hope we do as well, but unfortunately with our lack of taking chances at home, it going to be an uphill struggle. OK, we've only lost two games all season, but I have a sneaky feeling this might be the third. Sorry to be negative, but this is a real issue atm.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, harvey54 said:

Tomorrow nights game on Sky will be another chance for sky to celebrate West Brom's inevitable march back to the Premier league where a club of their stature naturally belongs. 

Prepare to be sickened at the sight of Slaven Bilic being fawned over and feted for lowering himself to manage outside the top division. 

Immerse yourselves in the in-depth profiles of their fading ex Premier league players. 

Unfashionable 'bristol' will hardly get a mention and be treated as an afterthought; a mere thorn in the foot of the mighty baggies and their triumphant march onwards. 

Coyr!! 

As long as Keith Andrews is in the studio talking complete bollocks the world will be ok 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, daored said:

As long as Keith Andrews is in the studio talking complete bollocks the world will be ok 

With Don 'West Brom' Goodman as part of the commentary team 😫

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I hope we do as well, but unfortunately with our lack of taking chances at home, it going to be an uphill struggle. OK, we've only lost two games all season, but I have a sneaky feeling this might be the third. Sorry to be negative, but this is a real issue atm.

Good job we are away then.

Just now, BCFC11 said:

Good job we are away then.

Exactly!  I was just stressing the lack of goals at home, sorry if it came out wrong. WBA will be hard to beat on their ground, despite our performing better away.

18 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Exactly!  I was just stressing the lack of goals at home, sorry if it came out wrong. WBA will be hard to beat on their ground, despite our performing better away.

I have got a feeling we might just get something tomorrow night, happily take a point now.

let them carry on fawning over their favourites, it can often lead to comedy gold when their favourites fail to win the game (that Brighton 'champions' game a couple of years back was a joy to watch, they all looked like they were going to burst out crying in the studio after)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I have got a feeling we might just get something tomorrow night, happily take a point now.

That’s not how a game of football works 🤪

32 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

let them carry on fawning over their favourites, it can often lead to comedy gold when their favourites fail to win the game (that Brighton 'champions' game a couple of years back was a joy to watch, they all looked like they were going to burst out crying in the studio after)

I bet they were all expecting to be invited to a huge champions party with all the muff you could munch.................yeah sorry about that, Sky !

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Hmmm 1

26 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

That was brilliant. They'd scheduled extra airtime in for the promotion party at full time and suddenly had another hour to fill.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, daored said:

TBF, I was all ready to slag him off when he did the Cardiff game............but, in actuality he was quite complimentary toward us !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, harvey54 said:

Coyr!! 

I’ll be there so won’t have to worry with all that nonsense.

• Like 1

There is no reason why we cannot take 3pts, we are well capable and we will be up for this game, which WBA will be expected to win.

Ask Super Leeds and Liverpool from way back and away from home, even more recently Man u at home.

We are quite good if we want to be and are just a few players away from being a real force. NO FEAR.

21 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

Two of the biggest c##cks out there,cant stand either of them.

Err, I might be wrong but I think that's why they were suggested by @CotswoldRed 🙃

Long John Baldry  hit back in the 60s? :) 

2 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Huge ask to come away from there with anything, be over the moon with a point. Can see a end to end high scoring game, similar to last season.

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

TBF, I was all ready to slag him off when he did the Cardiff game............but, in actuality he was quite complimentary toward us !

After the game he was....all over Cardiff pre-game from memory.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Coyr!! 

Good post and a good point! Not something I had really thought of so thanks for reminding me! 

Come on 'Bristol'.... who ever they are.

4 hours ago, FramptonRed said:

Two of the biggest c##cks out there,cant stand either of them.

Read Frank's autobiography or try his podcast. He's a lovely bloke. Made mistakes but someone I'd love to meet. 

3 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

I like WBA,in fact I think l love them.

Nipper plays for them (power chair footy). 

If only BCFC gave a shit about disability sport as much as WBA do. 

Just saying. 

Their community work is fantastic. BCFC, in my experience, nowhere near. 

Edited by CotswoldRed

35 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Read Frank's autobiography or try his podcast. He's a lovely bloke. Made mistakes but someone I'd love to meet. 

I just find him a bit sleazy , a tad like Alan Partridge. I’m sure i read somewhere he’s shall we say not got much respect for Women either.

6 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

I hate Sky and the way they don’t mention us ! ...really pisses me off! ...I hope we beat em to shut em up! ...1-2 City! COYR!! 

Sky were all over us a couple of years ago ... fawned all over LJ’s “innovative” methods and “ideologies” - we had our time in the limelight and it probably sickened fans of other clubs - it’s wrong to say they don’t mention us 

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sky were all over us a couple of years ago ... fawned all over LJ’s “innovative” methods and “ideologies” - we had our time in the limelight and it probably sickened fans of other clubs - it’s wrong to say they don’t mention us

You are right to be fair, and I assume that's the reason Villa, Leeds, Derby fans (and more) dislike us so much these days. The hatred towards little Bristol City seems to have increased in recent times. We are (occasionaly) getting the air time / media attention they cry for.

I find it pretty hilarious to be honest...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I disagree, and have several recent recordings of games that support what I’ve said ....:yawn:

On 26/11/2019 at 14:44, harvey54 said:

Unfashionable 'bristol' will hardly get a mention and be treated as an afterthought; a mere thorn in the foot of the mighty baggies and their triumphant march onwards................ 

Coyr!! 

And as last time we will shy off from the start and sit back.. 

COYR

On 26/11/2019 at 21:27, PhilC said:

You are right to be fair, and I assume that's the reason Villa, Leeds, Derby fans (and more) dislike us so much these days. The hatred towards little Bristol City seems to have increased in recent times. We are (occasionaly) getting the air time / media attention they cry for.

I find it pretty hilarious to be honest...

And now add Fulham to that list....