Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Never to the dark side

preston v WBA worth a look Monday night?

Could be a decent game- should be!

What's best for us here? West Brom win to keep Preston below us, Preston win so that the top 2 chase narrows a bit or draw?

Because Preston are more likely to fall away than West Brom...

22 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Could be a decent game- should be!

What's best for us here? West Brom win to keep Preston below us, Preston win so that the top 2 chase narrows a bit or draw?

Because Preston are more likely to fall away than West Brom...

I think the chances of us finishing above West Brom this season are very slim.

So, a Preston loss is definitely the best result for us. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I think the chances of us finishing above West Brom this season are very slim.

So, a Preston loss is definitely the best result for us. 

The chances will surely improve if the Knobbos win . 

Draw for me. West Brom could potentially go on a bad run, we go on a good run and we are then battling with them for top 6 as well as Preston.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Draw for me. West Brom could potentially go on a bad run, we go on a good run and we are then battling with them for top 6 as well as Preston.

If we hadn’t lost Afobe we might have been battling them for a top spot! Let’s see what happens in Jan?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, swanker said:

If we hadn’t lost Afobe we might have been battling them for a top spot! Let’s see what happens in Jan?

Might have been, but I do overall think that the current top 3 are also the 3 best sides in the division with only the order up for grabs, perhaps even if we had Afobe.

• Like 1

Go on WBA. All we can look at is the table now, and I’d like to be 5th going into the Fulham game. Plus, a PNE loss would be their third on the bounce, hopefully a full collapse to follow.

• Flames 1

What a horrible team Preston are, just moaned and fouled all game and Johnston should have been sent off first half didn't even get a yellow.

9 minutes ago, cidercity said:

What a horrible team Preston are, just moaned and fouled all game and Johnston should have been sent off first half didn't even get a yellow.

They haven`t had their obligatory penalty yet either.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Well...

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Karma!!!

Not sure it was a pen, but the keeper was 60:40 on to that ball, but was so slow getting there

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

Dodgy pen for Baggies on 88.

And Austin puts it away.

Not a penalty in a million years. Baggies very very lucky there........

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Yes a dive but why did the keeper hesitate. The ball was miles in front of the player . If the keeper had been on his toes he’d have time to collect that comfortably 

It wasn’t a dive. The guy was stumbling and the keeper saw him falling and pulled out. There was no contact at all. The ref was in a poor position and made the wrong decision.

Edited by Robbored

Looked a pen at full pelt but replays show it to be a clear case of the forward instigating contact and conning the ref. Tough perhaps on Preston but perhaps some justice for some of the dodgy pens they've received this season. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Never touched him IMO.

Keeper’s knee hit cleverly trailed leg.  Harsh indeed.  But keeper could’ve easily come out and smothered it, not sure why he paused.  Why do keepers dive-slide....gives the ref an easy excuse.

Jermaine Beckford spot on re keeper.

Edited by Davefevs

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It wasn’t a dive. The guy was stumbling and the keeper saw him falling and pulled out. There was no contact at all. The ref was in a poor position and made the wrong decision.

Is it possible for you  to contradict yourself anymore 😂😂😂 

there’s not contact but it’s not a dive 😂😂😂😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Keeper’s knee hit cleverly trailed leg.  Harsh indeed.  But keeper could’ve easily come out and smothered it, not sure why he paused.  Why do keepers dive-slide....gives the ref an easy excuse.

Agree, Bentley is very quick off his line. If that same scenario was with him he’d of been off his line and smothered it 

18 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I haven't seen it myself, but the viewpoint you've quoted is quite valid. If he's stumbled it's not a dive. Doesn't mean it's a penalty necessarily, but it's quite possible for somebody to fall over and it to be neither a penalty nor a dive.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

The player was losing his balance and stumbling forward and fell down. Keeper saw it happening and held back and made no contact.

The referee made the wrong decision.

The Baggies are certainly having a run of good luck. Two offside goals against us and a very dodgy penalty tonight,

38 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I haven't seen it myself, but the viewpoint you've quoted is quite valid. If he's stumbled it's not a dive. Doesn't mean it's a penalty necessarily, but it's quite possible for somebody to fall over and it to be neither a penalty nor a dive.

bs but couldn't be bothered to watch it . before you ban me the b is for Bas.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The player was losing his balance and stumbling forward and fell down. Keeper saw it happening and held back and made no contact.

The Baggies are certainly having a run of good luck. Two offside goals against us and a very dodgy penalty tonight,

Keeper should never have given the referee an opportunity to even make a decision, he dithered, he was favourite to get there.  But agree, not a dive, bit of a stumble, tiny bit of contact, but as he was stumbling, not a pen (imho).  But another defeat for Preston, can’t say I’m that fussed 😂

50 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No , he wasn’t stumbling at all he was anticipating contact so started diving 🙄

• Haha 1

Many replies on here criticising the ref for a poor decision. 
How can the ref have given anything but a penalty. 
It’s cheating. By the WBA player. We should all call it out and condemn it rather than blame the ref. 

The consensus view should be “the player cheated and won his team the game. This is wrong, he’s conned the officials and cheated, and the FA should apply a retrospective 3 game ban”. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Keeper should never have given the referee an opportunity to even make a decision, he dithered, he was favourite to get there.  But agree, not a dive, bit of a stumble, tiny bit of contact, but as he was stumbling, not a pen (imho).  But another defeat for Preston, can’t say I’m that fussed 😂

Agree with this, keeper should never have given the ref a decision to make, looked a poor decision but definitely a dive so the blame lies with the Albion player for conning the ref.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

2-3 game ban hopefully- it'd be the wright thing to do.

But did he get the goalkeeper sent off?

38 minutes ago, Midred said:

But did he get the goalkeeper sent off?

Ah yeah, good point- still think there should be some kind of punishment though, but if it's covered by the regs, I don't know.

WTF, ? only 11.5 k PNE fans there, they don't deserve a team to be up there, such a huge game for them as well !

You're the Sags of Lancashire !

Edited by slartibartfast

16 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Diving Brummie bastards.

Diving Black Country Bastards to be more accurate.