Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

redsapper

Boat trip to Fulham

I know it’s late but I got a ticket for the boat today. 
The one important point of important information I’m missing is where the boat starts from?

I know it’s 11:00

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, redsapper said:

The one important point of important information I’m missing is where the boat starts from?

Portishead, you'll have to hurry 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

Begs the question "which boat is everyone  getting?".

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Flames 1

38 minutes ago, redsapper said:

Have you got a match ticket?

19 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Begs the question "which boat is everyone  getting?".

I'm going on a speedboat which will get me there early enough so I can get back before kickoff. 

I'll try and get it to dock at Parson Street Station somehow.

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Who books a travel ticket to a destination without knowing where they’re travelling from? 

I’m going for Margate.

With the boat taking a detour to hull and back?

• Haha 2

I think you may have to swim!

BY BOAT

If you are travelling from central London for a midweek match at the Cottage, then you can also consider the novelty of arriving by boat.

Transport For London operates a scheduled service from the piers at Blackfriars & Embankment, terminating at Putney. The trip takes just under an hour, and you should also allow an additional 20 – 30 min to walk the final leg of the journey to the stadium.

There are scheduled arrivals at Putney Pier at 18:15 & 19:20.

A full adult fare is £8.25, reduced to £5.50 with a valid travelcard.

Please note that the riverboat service does not operate on weekends or public holidays. Further information can be found on the Transport For London website. 

1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I think you may have to swim!

BY BOAT

If you are travelling from central London for a midweek match at the Cottage, then you can also consider the novelty of arriving by boat.

Transport For London operates a scheduled service from the piers at Blackfriars & Embankment, terminating at Putney. The trip takes just under an hour, and you should also allow an additional 20 – 30 min to walk the final leg of the journey to the stadium.

There are scheduled arrivals at Putney Pier at 18:15 & 19:20.

A full adult fare is £8.25, reduced to £5.50 with a valid travelcard.

Please note that the riverboat service does not operate on weekends or public holidays. Further information can be found on the Transport For London website. 

OOP's …. 🤔

🚁🪂 ?

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

Who books a travel ticket to a destination without knowing where they’re travelling from? 

I’m going for Margate.

Mornington Crescent is the likely answer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Mornington Crescent is the likely answer.

Good luck with getting the boat on the tube train to Embankment!

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

Good luck with getting the boat on the tube train to Embankment!

Not a problem.

train.jpg.561208a841243956974e7a9ef6c5eec4.jpg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Used to get the Riverboat from Battersea to work at Embankment, bonus is, most of them have a bar on-board serving cider!!!

Drinking cider on the way to work, sounds like a brilliant idea! It's a shame I drive

• Haha 2

Hi all, 

Just passing a message on to those who went on the boat trip. The person who organised it is basically out of pocket due to others causing damage.

The message on the link states:

“As most of you know I organised a party boat for Fulham away, I’m not one for moaning when people enjoy theirselves but a few individuals got a little boisterous onboard and a result I lost the security/damage bond which I paid mostly from my own pocket. People have suggested that I set up a go fund me to try recoup some if not all of the money, any help would be most appreciated especially with Christmas around the corner. I’m glad everyone had a great day yesterday onboard and a massive 3 points to go along with it!! Thanks in advance and UP THE CITY!!“

https://www.gofundme.com/f/6u897b-security-bond?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-shee

20 hours ago, Sturman 1 said:

Hi all, 

Just passing a message on to those who went on the boat trip. The person who organised it is basically out of pocket due to others causing damage.

The message on the link states:

“As most of you know I organised a party boat for Fulham away, I’m not one for moaning when people enjoy theirselves but a few individuals got a little boisterous onboard and a result I lost the security/damage bond which I paid mostly from my own pocket. People have suggested that I set up a go fund me to try recoup some if not all of the money, any help would be most appreciated especially with Christmas around the corner. I’m glad everyone had a great day yesterday onboard and a massive 3 points to go along with it!! Thanks in advance and UP THE CITY!!“

https://www.gofundme.com/f/6u897b-security-bond?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-shee

A real shame, what's the matter with some people nowadays who it seems cant have a good time without disrespecting and spoiling things for others... ? 

Any photos of the trip ?  it sounds like a great idea, pity it seems some spoiled it and walked away leaving the organiser with a problem to sort... Hope the target figure to pay for out of pocket expense is reached.

Edited by WhistleHappy

On 07/12/2019 at 18:54, redsapper said:

Thanks for everybody’s help. 

I got the boat and a good time was had by all!

great result as well. 

where did you get it from?