IGNORED

Fulham forums

ZiderEyed

5 hours ago, InCyder said:

I'd be screaming penalty if it happened against us down the gate and at first watch I thought it was as clear a penalty as you can get.

After watching it a few times, I think the ref made a very good call in tough circumstances. You can see their attacker slowing down and moving in COD's direction rather than charging towards goal with the ball. He knew exactly what he was doing and the ref didn't buy it. Simple as that. 

All in all, it's a lot of fuss over a penalty that Bentley probably would have saved anyway.

In basketball you “draw a foul“ by trying to get your marker to make contact beyond the ball/hand. I think football has been slowly heading that way for a long time. I think that’s wrong and like this approach  but I also agree at the other end I would expect to be awarded what is often awarded in similar circumstances 

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The only thing that makes it look bad to my mind is, where is CO'D going? He doesn't appear to be chasing the player or trying to get between him and the goal, he would have been better off staying out to the edge of the box once he was taken out of the game with the pass. I think there is a clip, but the referee is closer than the camera, so presumably there is no contact. If he had booked the player for diving he would have made his life easier in some ways, because it would have made it clear he thought there was no contact. As he left it, it looks like there was contact but not enough to get a penalty, which is a grey area to say the least.

I think he's going for the ball, then realises he won't make it so pulls out & goes behind the player instead 

32 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Yes and clips his heels I reckon. I agree that if it happened to us at AG then I would definitely want a penalty.

I've watched it a few times, to me it looks like COD is jumping trying to avoid the player. What also makes me think it may not have been as nailed on as some think. Have a look at the Refs position, couldn't be better, and no hesitation as he turns away , never gives it a thought let alone a second one.

1969071204_Screenshot2019-12-09at20_49_15.png.73aeee4717256ba0ad2feebd94e4b216.png

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The only thing that makes it look bad to my mind is, where is CO'D going? He doesn't appear to be chasing the player or trying to get between him and the goal, he would have been better off staying out to the edge of the box once he was taken out of the game with the pass. I think there is a clip, but the referee is closer than the camera, so presumably there is no contact. If he had booked the player for diving he would have made his life easier in some ways, because it would have made it clear he thought there was no contact. As he left it, it looks like there was contact but not enough to get a penalty, which is a grey area to say the least.

Perhaps the ref thought Kebano changed his run to ensure contact.

On 08/12/2019 at 10:28, Mr Popodopolous said:

Thought the Weimann at Aston Villa was somewhat marginal.

However, to get that and that joke of a penalty go against you same game...certainly unfortunate. That's one word for it anyway, unfortunate.

Can add the numerous yellow cards we had given to us to that list, players and coaching staff. Yet when a Villa player did similar 9/10 times we didn’t even get a free kick. The Villa players antics, that Lino, and that absolute bastard of a Ref still boils my piss now. :angry:

Watched it a few times, he actually goes down with his legs part which makes it look like a dive, if there had been contact on is left foot it would have been pushed across his right making him fall, maybe he felt upper body contact and thought it was enough to fall, I can't see how his trailing leg could be clipped by someone running at a 45 deg angle across him and those legs to be 2 ft apart when he took his swallow dive.

3 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Watched it a few times, he actually goes down with his legs part which makes it look like a dive, if there had been contact on is left foot it would have been pushed across his right making him fall, maybe he felt upper body contact and thought it was enough to fall, I can't see how his trailing leg could be clipped by someone running at a 45 deg angle across him and those legs to be 2 ft apart when he took his swallow dive.

Absolutely correct.

The only thing the ref got wrong was not booking the flying Dutchman for panto  he's BEHIND YOU! [& a yellow card for simulation]

We won

They lost

Move on

55 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Not a bad watch if you can get past the couple of minutes from 0:36...........WHAT????

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Not a bad watch if you can get past the couple of minutes from 0:36...........WHAT????

They were so annoyed they were wringing their cravats and having to take regular sips of their Pimms to cool down.

Archived