Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Hampshire reds

Ryan kent.

12 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

what a cracker by Kent. looks a good player. another one lee could not get the best out off. 

Chris Houghton couldn't get Harry Kane to perform like a world class striker when on loan at Norwich.

Like Kent that is because Kane was younger and not as good as he was a couple of seasons later.

We could say the same about nearly every player who improves as they get older.

But also let's remember Kent is playing at league one standard that is the Scottish Prem.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ryan Kent is playing in a Mickey Mouse league - you’d expect him to tear it up.

Doesn't matter what league he's playing in, that was a cracker of a goal.

Just now, AshtonGreat said:

The rest of the teams, probably not

Agreed but he's playing against decent champ level opposition today. I didn't mourn his passing to be honest but whilst that league isn't all that, this game is. 

12 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Why do you always have to make a comment on the Scottish league? 

Because it is a Mickey Mouse league maybe ?  No disrespect to Mickey intended.

2 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

The quality of the Scottish prem is irrelevant, for occasion there is nothing in English football that compares to an old firm game

Bollycocks

Edited by BigTone

You stick to watching'the best league in the wkrld'mate I put up with 20 minutes of Brighton v Bournemouth yesterday and nearly fell asleep, luckily Sutton v Yeovil was on BT at the same time which was a cracker

• Like 1

major. u  say give it a rest. but Ryan cost the club alot of money. Kasey is another one. how many more talented players are we going to waste becase we have a coach who has no idea how to get the best out off these players

Mickey mouse leaque. how many city players would get into the celtic or Rangers teams. as it stands in my opinion only brownhill maybe Kalas

13 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Agreed but he's playing against decent champ level opposition today. I didn't mourn his passing to be honest but whilst that league isn't all that, this game is. 

Fair point. I didn't really like him, personally

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

major. u  say give it a rest. but Ryan cost the club alot of money. Kasey is another one. how many more talented players are we going to waste becase we have a coach who has no idea how to get the best out off these players

Mickey mouse leaque. how many city players would get into the celtic or Rangers teams. as it stands in my opinion only brownhill maybe Kalas

He was up there with one of the worst players I've seen in a city shirt for some time, whether he thought he was Billy Big Bollocks due to being in the Liverpool set up, but he was a waste of a red shirt in the time he was here.

Maybe he's found his level now, but mid-Championship level was not it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Why do you always have to make a comment on the Scottish league? 

Because it’s crap. Why do you suppose they have a hopeless national team?

2 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

You've made this point many many many times, boring, 

So why did you ask?       

Moron FC would do well in the SPL... But it's a league that is about irrelevant as they are. 

Basically who cares how good Rangers and Celtic are. 

4 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

what a cracker by Kent. looks a good player. another one lee could not get the best out off. 

He's effectively playing against league one sides, apart from the top three teams in that league none of them would cut it in the Championship.  He's playing at a lower level.

4 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Has anybody got the best out of Palmer yet? I seem to recall Tony Mowbray tended to have him as a sub for instance. He certainly needs to perform better than he has when he has had chances this season. Unless you take the view that players have no responsibility for their performance, as seems to be fashionable these days.

As to Kent, LJ made it pretty clear he was somewhat frozen out by the other players when he was here, which doubtless accounts in part for his lack of impact. Though no English club seemed to make any serious attempt to sign him before he went to Rangers. All I can recall is vague rumours that Leeds wanted him, but there again it was claimed they wanted O'Dowda!

Another - you give Hampshire a bad name. 

Try to be more balanced by listing all those he does get the most out of. Maybe you couldnt watch our team today because you could hardly find a fault with any of the 14..and Lee Johnson coaches them all! 

36 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Another - you give Hampshire a bad name. 

Try to be more balanced by listing all those he does get the most out of. Maybe you couldnt watch our team today because you could hardly find a fault with any of the 14..and Lee Johnson coaches them all! 

I’d change my name if I were you. I thought you were Jekyll & Hyde until I realised the other idiot wasn’t you..! 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

This'll be the same Ryan Kent who basically said, 'I wasnt up for it' after he went back to Liverpool?

Tidy player, but the wrong DNA for us at the time. 

For my biggest sins I watch Scottish premiership every week. For my other sins (and Dads side of the family) I watch bristol city 5-10 times a year (mix of home and edit).

I can CATEGORICALLY CONFIRM that Scottish football is total and utter shocking standard. It’s not close to the championship and the worst I’ve seen at Ashton Gate this year, inc Blackburn in December. I watch Celtic and Hibs and also go to random games with friend such as Motherwell and Aberdeen. Ryan Kent goal. Class. I also see class goals on Sports Bible from Sunday league games! 

I don’t watch league 1 or 2 so wouldn’t insult those leagues by comparing.

Because Rangers and Celtic have 50k + fans each week and both have well known managers don’t assume they would be battering City. Look at their players, wages and quality of  the football. Also, playing in Europe I’m afraid counts for nothing anymore for both these clubs (it did 3 + years ago but now it’s simply does not).

p.s. I know the reasons why Scottish prem is so dire so don’t need any comments on that!

Edited by Jockmcwurzel
Typo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Ridiculous comment. Quite clear that he wasn’t up for the fight and nor was he good enough in the league. Found his level in a weaker league than we are in now

He obviously has lots of talent but didn't fit our system. He was also younger then so presumably has improved/matured. You could say the same for JET, Tomlin, David Noble.. not a criticism of the player or club, but those extremely talented players who have a bit of an enigma quality about them sometimes blow hot and cold.

11 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Actually I'd happily add Dan Bently, Jay Dasilva, Nathan Baker, Taylor Moore, Nikki Maenpaa, Adam Nagy, Ashley Williams, Han Noah Massengo, Andi Weimann, Niclas Eliasson, Jack Hunt, Kasey Palmer and Benik Afobe easily to that list.

16 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Yeah like Webster , Reid , Bryan ...

give it a rest Hampshire.

Because that doesn’t fit in with his motive & hasn’t since either he joined the forum or LJ took up his current position at the club! Any reason to beat LJ or the club for anything that may not of gone right during LJ’s tenure. 

I’m surprised LJ isn’t getting it in the neck while Man City are losing games this season as he was unable to mastermind us to beating them a few seasons back despite having two attempts at it, Norwich & Wolves have both managed so why couldn’t we???

18 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

He's playing in Scotland.  Nuff said . 

9 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Ridiculous comment. Quite clear that he wasn’t up for the fight and nor was he good enough in the league. Found his level in a weaker league than we are in now

Wasn't there questions about his attitude while here - a bit of  a Billy Big Bollux?

I doubt he would carry on like that with Anfield Legend Gerrard!