IGNORED

City 11/4 Brentford evens

cheshire_red

Bit of a Judgment Day today. By that I don't mean that an android from the future will threaten the future of human civilisation, but more that we will find out what our team is made of up against a talented and well drilled opponent. 

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Bit of a Judgment Day today. By that I don't mean that an android from the future will threaten the future of human civilisation, but more that we will find out what our team is made of up against a talented and well drilled opponent. 

Not saying you’re wrong, but are we not overstating Brentford’s quality somewhat?

They’re only two points ahead of us after 25 games. Granted they’ve been in good form, but ultimately the table says they’re only marginally better than us, have lost more games, and scored fewer goals.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Not saying you’re wrong, but are we not overstating Brentford’s quality somewhat?

They’re only two points ahead of us after 25 games. Granted they’ve been in good form, but ultimately the table says they’re only marginally better than us, have lost more games, and scored fewer goals.

Good shout mate.

I just checked and Brentford are in really good form overall (3rd best in last 12 games behind only Leeds and WBA), but their away form not so good.

In fact, 1 point from their last 4 away games!

So like said, easy win today...

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

Good shout mate.

I just checked and Brentford are in really good form overall (3rd best in last 12 games behind only Leeds and WBA), but their away form not so good.

In fact, 1 point from their last 4 away games!

So like said, easy win today...

Didn’t realise that about their away form - that’s encouraging. Just think there’s a bit too much talk about how good they are and how we can stop them. It would be naive not to consider how the opposition will play, but equally I think we have to play to our strengths and not compromise our own threat (Eliasson especially) to stop the other team.

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

Would be my guess. Neither team would be disappointed. 

Well I would be disappointed. We only have 1 win in the last 5 and that win was against Luton who are not performing either. We need to win today as the gradual build in hype after the recent win will soon bring us back to reality if we go down today.

No more excuses for loosing at home going forward if we think we are serious and bloody honest of making the top 6.

50 minutes ago, mozo said:

We do have an Austrian Hitman? ?

Just now, City oz said:

Tipps - now you have advertised the fact your mates will be drinking thatchers on you tonight. 200 + i hope coming your way.

COYR

My mates are aware of my betting habits, I’ll be home around 6pm to watch the evening games & they don’t need me to get drunk, they have that down to T.

So Brentford's standout away wins were back to back maulings away at Swansea and QPR.

Besides that, they beat Boro when Boro were bottom 3, Wigan and Barnsley. Their other notable away result was a 1-1 at WBA.

They've lost away to Leeds, Charlton, Preston, Wednesday, Millwall, Forest and Blackburn.

So every reason to believe they struggle on their travels against top 10 teams.

35 minutes ago, City oz said:

Well I would be disappointed. We only have 1 win in the last 5 and that win was against Luton who are not performing either. We need to win today as the gradual build in hype after the recent win will soon bring us back to reality if we go down today.

No more excuses for loosing at home going forward if we think we are serious and bloody honest of making the top 6.

Hey northern red. Happy new year. 

21 minutes ago, mozo said:

So Brentford's standout away wins were back to back maulings away at Swansea and QPR.

Besides that, they beat Boro when Boro were bottom 3, Wigan and Barnsley. Their other notable away result was a 1-1 at WBA.

They've lost away to Leeds, Charlton, Preston, Wednesday, Millwall, Forest and Blackburn.

So every reason to believe they struggle on their travels against top 10 teams.

All this makes the odds even more puzzling.

Brentford have been too short in the betting pretty much every game they play, it was the same last season when they were struggling to, they would be favs away at teams who were higher than them.

Archived