IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day 26

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Because the plans will already be in place for new transfers.

We are not going down and we can take our time to bring in the right coach to take us onto the next level.

There is a danger that bringing in a new coach straight away could see us getting involved in a relegation battle that we may not win.

We know what we’re getting with LJ and IMHO , mid table it is .

Fair comment. Such a disappointment

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Not really. I’ve been saying for a long time he is not good enough. The most backed manager ever yet after 4 years, about 65 signings....we are still have no identity 

Why? Because he hasn’t got a clue how to turn us from a mid table outfit into a top 6 team 

He isn’t just become clueless. He always has been 

Correct the ever shrinkng LJ believers are finally stirring

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Yes. But I think the intention is for us to be one of the best teams in the league. Ten men makes it tougher for sure but should not automatically mean a four goal deficit.

See what your saying mate but therein lies the problem we are nowhere near it and havent seen any glimpses to suggest we are a top six side. 

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

It is, but he works to Ashton, who should be the one ensuring there is an on field as well as an off field plan. That should be agreed before you plan recruitment.

They must have regular reviews so I wonder what, if any, questions are being asked of LJ.

LJ is the man in charge not MA 

Sorry the blame is with LJ for the performances the clueless style of play 

Recruitment wise LJ has had more then he can moan about how much has he spent hes brought in all the squad apart from smith i believe 

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We are not going down and we can take our time to bring in the right coach to take us onto the next level.

There is a danger that bringing in a new coach straight away could see us getting involved in a relegation battle that we may not win.

I agree but the plan is to sign strikers when we have a terrible defensive record. Quite what style of play those strikers will fit into is anyone's guess as we don't seem to have one.

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

LJ has lost his head again. Squared up to one Brentford’s assistants 

Another diversion to the shite his team has served up. “He cares” will be the cry of the happy clapper.  Piss off Johnson. Johnson out. 

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

LJ has had four years and multi millions to spend on our squad and yet we look no nearer having a style of play or a ‘ solid ‘ look about the team.

I very much hope that Mr Lansdown is not satisfied with what he is seeing and will bring in a new coach at the end of the season.

I don’t doubt LJ’s sincerity or effort but we need someone to take us to the next level. 

Disagree with your first part, he had us playing fast, pressing football a couple of years ago. We were fun to watch, we attack fast and hunted the ball in packs. 

Unfortunately, the more money he has spent he has taken us backwards, we’re boring, we have no identity and yes people will say we’ve finished higher each season under him, but in terms of style and substance we’ve gone backwards. The money he’s wasted, is inexcusable. If the rumours are true about Palmer leaving then Johnson & Ashton have serious questions to answer from the board. If I was SL I would simply say no more money , work with what you've got, you’ve brought in the majority of the players in the squad 

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Remember the days when you used to batter me for such comments....

He was utterly right to do so. @ChippenhamRed has, like many of us, changed his opinions because the facts have changed.

But that does not change the fact you have spent four years being utterly premature in saying LJ has taken us as far as he can, only for you to be proven completely and conclusively wrong when he continued to improve us.

Now it probably is time for him to go but they doesn’t mean you have been right all along by any stretch.

We've 

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Famaral has played very well without posing any goal threat. 

Bentley has dropped a level since the birth of his kid , is that coincidence ? 

Elliason did nothing before being substituted.

We look a mid table side . 

I feel you are being kind, describing us as a mid table side.  Again we are in freefall with no sigh of improvement on the horizon.  I dearly want LJ to succeed, but alas he just hasn't got it.  I didn't know about Wilbs description of his motivational abilities, but it's there for all to see.  We have been very poor and frustrating at home for a long time.  A poor man's tinker man.  I feared the worst when we lost adobe, I genuinely felt he may well be the final jigsaw piece, but I didn't expect another serious, inexplicable loss of form.  Sorry, thanks LJ for the memories, it's time to move on.  But SL won't budge and we all know it.

1 minute ago, harvey54 said:

My mate's a Stoke fan. I've had a bet with him that they finish higher than us in May. He thinks I'm mad but I think otherwise 

We're 2 points off the playoffs and 15 off the relegation places. Given that nobody thinks we're troubling the playoffs, logic dictates that we're far less likely to be near relegation.

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

He was utterly right to do so. @ChippenhamRed has, like many of us, changed his opinions because the facts have changed.

But that does not change the fact you have spent four years being utterly premature in saying LJ has taken us as far as he can, only for you to be proven completely and conclusively wrong when he continued to improve us.

Now it probably is time for him to go but they doesn’t mean you have been right all along by any stretch.

It's the gloating from the ones who've never liked him that gets me. Utterly disgraceful.

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Not really. I’ve been saying for a long time he is not good enough. The most backed manager ever yet after 4 years, about 65 signings....we are still have no identity 

Why? Because he hasn’t got a clue how to turn us from a mid table outfit into a top 6 team 

He isn’t just become clueless. He always has been 

He’s done pretty well to take us to where we are by being clueless, what does that make cotts?

I call it 56 signings in 8 windows, with around 23 of them being loans or academy players. That’s still 36 players brought in, ok some of them have been moved on but it is too much I agree. He has been our most backed manager due to sales really, look at the players Cotts wanted to bring in. 

We don’t have the ability to become a top 6 side imo, he’s done an excellent job turning us from a relegation candidate to a top half team but we aren’t going to get any further under him

Whilst i really do sympathise with the LJ out brigade I'm afraid he will not be going anywhere in a hurry - it's just not the BCFC way. 

We will muddle on, find some excuses, splash a bit of cash and cling to evidence of slight year on year improvement. 

We will NOT take a risk on an expensive proven manager or even a player that isn't a perfect fit on the day. It's not in our DNA I'm afraid. The BCFC way is year on year of mediocrity with occasional glimpse of hope.

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

I agree with this, the time taken to sack LJ, put the U23 manage in charge for a few weeks to allow for recruitment (assuming that as well as players Ashton has been looking at managers), new manager comes in with new systems, those take another 4 week to bed in, results don't go our way and then the new manager is instantly under relegation pressure. 

Our fixtures after the next 3 games are not very easy QPR (a), Brummie's, Derby then Leeds and WBA.......

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We were one down with 11 and lost a man due to our own failings. As for “best teams”....they were two points ahead. Hardly Barcelona.

Hardly Barcelona but 5 points ahead of us and on a different planet in terms of the way they play football........and all this on a fraction of the budget.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

It's the gloating from the ones who've never liked him that gets me. Utterly disgraceful.

It is the way of these things though. I bet when Wenger left Arsenal, there was at least one fan smugly telling everyone “I told you on the day he was appointed that we’d get nowhere with a foreign manager...”

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Would today's performance maybe scupper some deals that are in negotiations?

Archived