Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
foghornred

How time fly's

Yesterday went to the Dw stadium to watch Bristol city V Wigan and looking at the program I read that the Stadium is celebrating 20 years,which made me think because one of my football memories goes back to their old ground Springfield Park when we won 4-1 and that day Tony Robinson ( who was filming in the area ) was stood next to me and was asking about the players not playing etc,he had a good knowledge of the team and we had a decent chat.

Well that must be over 20 years ago,how time fly's I still remember it but boy over 20 years !  Going home I thought to myself the I have watched Bristol City longer that Louis Carey has played for them (I was there at York when he made his debut & last game) in fact longer than anyone who has worked for Bristol City and there are lots like me who follow the team home and away spending our money on something that we love.

The Fans are the Club so you have to feel sorry for Bury and any other club that has been lost because its the Fans that keep it going.

LONG LIVE THE FANS THEY ARE THE CLUB !

• Like 5

Even worse; this year is the FIFTIETH anniversary of the Beatles splitting up. Where does the time go?

Last year it was forty years since London Calling was released.

Anyone who has supported City for more than 38 years has been a fan for over one third of the club`s entire existence.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Anyone who has supported City for more than 38 years has been a fan for over one third of the club`s entire existence.

Bloody hell, I'm in that bracket, that's frightening !!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

1990 was 30 years ago ... good grief ....

So it’s 34 years since Rovers played a home game at a ground they hadn’t stolen or weren’t squatting in..! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So it’s 34 years since Rovers played a home game at a ground they hadn’t stolen or weren’t squatting in..! 

They didn't own that one, in 1986, either. They must be the only football club in the 92 not to have at least built one stand themselves in 70 years. Parasites.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Remember....Time Flies like an arrow, Whereas........ Fruit Flies like a Banana?

and tits like coconuts

• Haha 1

Went twice to Springfield Park, yesterday was my first visit to DW. Hard to believe those visits were more than 20 years ago.

Ffs - I even remember Wigan being non league 🙄

Edited by MrBibs

1 hour ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

They didn't own that one, in 1986, either. They must be the only football club in the 92 not to have at least built one stand themselves in 70 years. Parasites.

Yeah yeah, we all know that’s the fault of Steve Lansdown/Wycombe/UWE/Sainsburys/anyone else but themselves. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

They did build this for the start of the season if you can call it a stand 🤣

Image result for bristol rovers family stand

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

They did build this for the start of the season if you can call it a stand 🤣

Image result for bristol rovers family stand

Has Row M been removed?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Has Row M been removed?

Here's that redevelopment in all it's glory. Before and after, amazing really. 

IMG-20200109-WA0001.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Gakoe said:

IMG-20200109-WA0001.jpg

Is there a more embarrassing club in the whole wide world.🤦‍♂️

21 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Thanks for that. Make me feel old why don't you.

5 hours ago, Gakoe said:

IMG-20200109-WA0001.jpg

The bottom one was taken during a game as you can see the fan

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

You know you’re old when you read OTIB in large print. 

the simpsons episode 24 GIF

Can't read that

What makes me feel old is the realisation that when I saw my first game at Ashton Gate (1964 ) there would have been people in the crowd that would have seen us play in an FA cup final.

17 hours ago, Gakoe said:

IMG-20200109-WA0001.jpg

Is that the council owned loss making energy company advertising on that small tent?

If it's loss making, how can they even afford to throw tax payer's money on advertising especially to a very small audience.

On 13/01/2020 at 06:14, Gakoe said:

IMG-20200109-WA0001.jpg

Not only does it look like something that belongs at an equestrian event, the idiots actually reduced their capacity by erecting that monstrosity which is still missing row M which they were selling tickets for :facepalm:  so the answer to @NOTBLUE question is no, no other club comes remotely close to that of shower shit.

3 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Not only does it look like something that belongs at an equestrian event, the idiots actually reduced their capacity by erecting that monstrosity which is still missing row M which they were selling tickets for :facepalm:  so the answer to @NOTBLUE question is no, no other club comes remotely close to that of shower shit.

I drove past this morning and council workers were strapping sandbags to it.

6 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

I drove past this morning and council workers were strapping sandbags to it.

Not surprised at that, if any more of the famous loyal and true don’t bother to show up to their home games eventually this wind will send it halfway down Muller Rd where it wouldn’t look out of place as a bus stop shelter.

In all seriousness though seeing some of the images of that dump that get uploaded on here ie: the disabled facilities, portaloo’s within feet of where food is being sold, guttering falling down, and all these temporary ‘stands’ it beggars belief how Health & Safety have passed such things or been called in.

23 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Not surprised at that, if any more of the famous loyal and true don’t bother to show up to their home games eventually this wind will send it halfway down Muller Rd where it wouldn’t look out of place as a bus stop shelter.

In all seriousness though seeing some of the images of that dump that get uploaded on here ie: the disabled facilities, portaloo’s within feet of where food is being sold, guttering falling down, and all these temporary ‘stands’ it beggars belief how Health & Safety have passed such things or been called in.

I think it’s great that they provide denim jackets to select fans when it pisses down...

3D964E20-3E71-4421-9A85-CDFA7F1E991E.png

• Haha 1