Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Davefevs

Brentford Video

From his strategically located £250kpa bunker in West London, Wael can barely wait to excitedly announce to his loyal and true supporters that rumours of the development of the Fruit Market are a deliberate ruse and that all of this time he has been working to secure for them a new 12,000 capacity stadium which will be empty in June, just a 'short distance' from Bristol ... 

Can’t imagine leaving Ashton Gate it’s our spiritual home , even if we do have to accommodate egg chasers these days so it will be a sad day for Bees fans when that final whistle blows ....😞

47 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Can’t imagine leaving Ashton Gate it’s our spiritual home , even if we do have to accommodate egg chasers these days so it will be a sad day for Bees fans when that final whistle blows ....😞

Genuine question, do you (or anyone else) think that we suffer because Bristol Rugby, sorry Bristol Bears, share with us?

Ashton Gate still feels like our home to me. I personally don't think we've lost any identity since the rugby joined us. Even the displays under the Landsdown stand don't really bother me.

And it feels all the more amusing that they're doing well after Rovers evicted them and lost significant stadium revenue.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Xiled said:

Genuine question, do you (or anyone else) think that we suffer because Bristol Rugby, sorry Bristol Bears, share with us?

Ashton Gate still feels like our home to me. I personally don't think we've lost any identity since the rugby joined us. Even the displays under the Landsdown stand don't really bother me.

And it feels all the more amusing that they're doing well after Rovers evicted them and lost significant stadium revenue.

I drove past Ashton Gate one night and it was illuminated in blue lights on. the fact Bristol rugby were playing that night didn't make it any more comforting or accepting. didn't sit well with me that, and ever since then i've resented it. Don't approve of all the rugby malarkey under the Landsown stand either, granted i rarely see it but still, that wall with all the local rugby club badges isn't great either. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Last game of the season. Do they not expect a play off semi final then ?

On their current form, it should be automatic.

Going to miss visiting that Ground. It feels special. You feel and smell the history when you walk in.

So glad we developed Aston Gate and didn't move.

It still feels very much like home.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Xiled said:

Genuinely don't think of it on match days, and don't even notice the memorabilia any more.
I thought AV would have ben a good move for us, but I like that I can still use the Coopers and North street. Just a shame the local authorities haven't tried to help with travel and parking, but at the end of the day, still our traditional home ain't it.

Bound to be emotional at Brentford, I doubt they had the options we had. Looking forward to going to the new ground, maybe next year, and maybe in the Prem 😂🤣

• Like 1

I love Griffin Park. After our last match I somehow ended up walking all the way around the stadium, sort of to say goodbye. It's so sad to see these grounds closing and being replaced. The Norwegian chap described these grounds well.

It'll be a really sad day…

• Like 1