Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Redrascal2

Szmodic scores for Posh

According to Sky "a clinical cool finish". Is that because he is playing at a lower standard or because the Manager has belief in him and he is getting selected. Either way we could do with some finishing like that. 

• Aubergine 1
  • Rovers 2

Szmodics looks a championship player.

On YouTube 👀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

#Feelingsupersonicgivemesammieszmodics 

With a hashtag like that no wonder the short short one has been short on giving him a chance

#imalittleteapotshortandstout

• Like 1

If he does amazing on loan at Peterborough then I guess he might be worth a bit in the summer.

I doubt he was just bought to make a profit, but I bet we will make a profit from him if we do sell.

Wouldn't that make it a decent signing overall? 

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Was it his debut today? Great for his confidence if it was.

No - fairly sure he started the game in midweek.

Home debut I presume.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Was it his debut today? Great for his confidence if it was.

No, 3rd game i think

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

If he does amazing on loan at Peterborough then I guess he might be worth a bit in the summer.

I doubt he was just bought to make a profit, but I bet we will make a profit from him if we do sell.

If that's what were signing players for just making a few bob then yes.

It was a good run and good ball to him, but he had half an hour to pick his spot as the keeper just stayed pretty much glued to his line.

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

It was a good run and good ball to him, but he had half an hour to pick his spot as the keeper just stayed pretty much glued to his line.

League 1 special.

• Like 2

So I am guessing Ferguson must rate their striker Dembele higher than Eisa? 

Eisa been dropped last two games and their results have since improved.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Think fans forget how poor league one is 

Anyone* would score goals in League One. 

*unless wearing a Bristol Rovers shirt. 

😂😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Well, of course we can apply the "posh logic" back at them with Sammy is such a naturally gifted player who's not leaving yet but with all of the interest in him is a £10M player in the making. 

4 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

According to Sky "a clinical cool finish". Is that because he is playing at a lower standard or because the Manager has belief in him and he is getting selected. Either way we could do with some finishing like that. 

Hes in the right place. I'm delighted hes scored. Hopefully he can continue that progression until he becomes a Championship player.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Think fans forget how poor league one is 

Yeh, makes you wonder how all those Sheff Utd players who played in that division managed to get by in the Championship!! 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Yeh, makes you wonder how all those Sheff Utd players who played in that division managed to get by in the Championship!! 

They were too good for league one 

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Not 'just' to make a profit, but that is our plan. Buy young players , that could make it, but also have a sell on value.
Of course , it helps if they get games to see if they are good enough. We were lucky to get (most of ) our money back for Eisa. In theory it can work, but you can't buy so many they don't get the chance to improve/look good to get teams to buy them. 

13 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Anyone* would score goals in League One. 

*unless wearing a Bristol Rovers shirt. 

😂😂

Doesn't say much for our team then does it. We played a league 1 team twice and couldn't score.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Doesn't say much for our team then does it. We played a league 1 team twice and couldn't score.

Apart from the 1-1 draw at home to the Shrews ...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Redrascal2 said:

I've watched him a few times for the U23's & he can definitely pick a finish..

It's "off the ball" he struggles and seems to drift...plus 'physicality'..

29 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Apart from the goal we scored, you mean..?! 🤔

14 hours ago, pillred said:

If that's what were signing players for just making a few bob then yes.

You do realise that football is a business? It's what business is supposed to do

13 hours ago, Galway Red said:

Great coach who trusts his players, and picks a settled side, players giving their all week in week out , we could learn alot from them 

He didn't really do a lot when he played. Very rarely touched the ball. But the little bits we saw he showed glimpses.

Would not be surprised if he is involved next season. If we ever want to go back to high pressing then he fits right in with his work rate along with Weimann.

2 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

You do realise that football is a business? It's what business is supposed to do

naively I thought they were bought to enhance the team and play some part, silly me.

• Like 1

Glad he's scoring there. He might eventually be good enough for the Championship. He isn't yet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

See him every day in training do you?

Very few of us get to see the training ground- but we all get to see the news of exciting new signings AND how well some of them do once they leave, most of us never seeing how good they may have been - One recent leaver was joint top scorer in his league this season after the Johnsons exchanged 1.5 mill to get him to the gate very recently!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dave36 said:

Very few of us get to see the training ground- but we all get to see the news of exciting new signings AND how well some of them do once they leave, most of us never seeing how good they may have been - One recent leaver was joint top scorer in his league this season after the Johnsons exchanged 1.5 mill to get him to the gate very recently!

I'm glad LJ doesn't think 'well Mo Eisa looks poor in training, he's clearly not good enough. But I need to show the fans he isn't good enough so let's give him 5 or 6 games which might mean we lose a few, but at least the fans will then be ok with me selling him.'

Mo Eisa can't even get in the Peterborough team now. He is behind Toney and Dembele.

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'm glad LJ doesn't think 'well Mo Eisa looks poor in training, he's clearly not good enough. But I need to show the fans he isn't good enough so let's give him 5 or 6 games which might mean we lose a few, but at least the fans will then be ok with me selling him.'

Mo Eisa can't even get in the Peterborough team now. He is behind Toney and Dembele.

It’s bad isn’t it... Peterborough have a better selection of strikers than we do!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

He started for them four times this month, the last time 8 days ago.

He's scored 15 goals. He's hardly out of favour.

27 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

He started for them four times this month, the last time 8 days ago.

He's scored 15 goals. He's hardly out of favour.

He has been dropped last 2 games.

It goes to show goals are not everything for a striker. 

It sounds like Eisa either scores or contributes very little. 

Lazy and lightweight. Some even call him 'Mo effort'. 

There is absolutely no way a striker who doesn't seem to put in the effort at league one level would work in a LJ side.

I keep saying about him because so many keep on saying we should not have sold him when they're just guessing whether he is good or not.

I've even seen comments from our fans saying Ivan Toney can't be much better than Eisa if he's scored similar amounts of goals!

I seen the goal now, it was really well taken he clearly looks to have an eye for goal, I see in this thread his position play was poor in the under 23 side so he didn't make the first team but with finishing like that maybe an argument for just telling him to say in the box and shoot at goal when ever he can, I sometimes think Lee wants his strikers to do to much see them all over the place more like midfielders and not in the box where we need them,