Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

Got all games, as ESTC member. Hopefully we get into round of 16 and QF as those are the only games away from Wembley. Will be Dublin and Rome if we win group, or Copenhagen and St Petersburg if second in group. Booked Dublin flight and hotel so far !

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got tickets for Rome. Looking forward to it!

Flying to Pisa and staying there for 2 nights. Then we are making our way to Rome for another two nights.
 

I’ve never been to Italy before so should be a good trip.

Edited by Lew-T
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got tickets through to the final so should be getting a refund from uefa late in July 

flight booked to Dublin but if we Top the group then we meet someone from the group of death there 

still you got to be in it to win it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of flying to Dublin (I have applied but I'm not an ESTC member), there is always the ferry as a walk on passenger. What's more, you can do it all by train! The Holyhead to Dublin route is great as the Holyhead train station is right next to the ferry terminal. Trains run direct from Crewe.

If you use Fishguard, the usual Irish port is Dun Laohaire (pronounced Dun Leery). The Irish Dart train service is great. Dun Laohaire is about 12 miles south of Dublin.  It's their metro line. I think the  Steve Lansdown Road Aviva Stadium has it's own Dart station as well.

Using the train/ferry service is a great alternative and cheaper!

Edited by Norn Iron
More info
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I applied for the Croatia game for me and Joe as part of the normal ballot.  Any idea when we find out?  Thought it was around now.

Yeah, ditto. Applied for two games via the UEFA ballot. Checked the “application status” on the site today and it’s honestly no clearer. Feels like we maybe missed an email saying we didn’t get any? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I also applied through the normal ballot. Heard nothing - but the application status doesn't say that I'm unsuccessful (at this stage!)

We were lucky that someone else in our group got tickets in the first ballot and we're working on sharing those around. We'll be at matches in Rome.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Got tickets for Rome. Looking forward to it!

Flying to Pisa and staying there for 2 nights. Then we are making our way to Rome for another two nights.
 

I’ve never been to Italy before so should be a good trip.

Rome really is an incredible place mate. You will love it 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the 3 group games at CAT 3 prices and the semi & final at fans first prices. €660 for me and my boy for 10 tickets in total. not too shabby that. Decided against 2nd round and quarters as planning trips to Rome/Dublin/Copenhagen/St Petersburg at a couple days notice would probably be costly. so doing the friendly in Vienna at the beginning of June instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I applied for the Croatia game for me and Joe as part of the normal ballot.  Any idea when we find out?  Thought it was around now.

@Wade Wilson @Red Exile

think it was just england supporters club members being notified yesterday. The UEFA ticket lottery applicants will hear by end of week I believe. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally unsuccessful, yet again, but fortunately our party is big enough for one of the others to have got 4 tickets to Italy v Wales. That means we can all get to that match. Still waiting for a few of the others to check their emails or accounts. I didn't get an email but logged into the UEFA ticket site to get the news. 

Congrats to those who were successful!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/01/2020 at 14:11, Norn Iron said:

Instead of flying to Dublin (I have applied but I'm not an ESTC member), there is always the ferry as a walk on passenger. What's more, you can do it all by train! The Holyhead to Dublin route is great as the Holyhead train station is right next to the ferry terminal. Trains run direct from Crewe.

If you use Fishguard, the usual Irish port is Dun Laohaire (pronounced Dun Leery). The Irish Dart train service is great. Dun Laohaire is about 12 miles south of Dublin.  It's their metro line. I think the  Steve Lansdown Road Aviva Stadium has it's own Dart station as well.

Using the train/ferry service is a great alternative and cheaper!

There is indeed a DART station right outside the ground. However it is my understanding that, in their normal fans-first approach, UEFA are putting a security ring around the stadium that leaves the station inside, and thus unusable, so you're trekking from Grand Canal Dock.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it’s £70 every 2 years to be a member of the travel club but I think the way they allocate tickets for tournaments is pretty fair

go and watch them home or away and you get caps,  the more you get the better chance of getting tickets for the more popular games or games with small allocations 

always a good showing from city at england games 

 

Edited by sticks 1969
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...