Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Pickle Rick

Sexy Sammie

Lighting it up already. Long may it continue. Hope he does well and may even be a potential sweetener if we go in for Toney.

Great tweet:

Even better tho (which he liked)...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

#Feelingsupersonicgivemesammieszmodics 

Sorry Dave, not quite up there with supercaleygoballisticascelticareatrocious.

• Like 1

We ha e an unbelievably good record at sending the right players out on loan for match experience they wouldn't get at BS3. Quite often they then push on to challenge for first team places and more than earn their keep. Surely LJ can't get all the praise for this (certainly not on his critics forum) but who else is making all these clever moves possible? I'd like to know

BCFC continue to benefit from this great recruitment /development/loan out/loan in/sell approach the Club taking. 

Fantastic! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, swanker said:

If he could do that in the championship he’d be worth a mint. Trouble is, he can’t!  

Still young. Maybe by next season he can

56 minutes ago, swanker said:

If he could do that in the championship he’d be worth a mint. Trouble is, he can’t!  

Certainly can't if we don't play the guy.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

We ha e an unbelievably good record at sending the right players out on loan for match experience they wouldn't get at BS3. Quite often they then push on to challenge for first team places and more than earn their keep. Surely LJ can't get all the praise for this (certainly not on his critics forum) but who else is making all these clever moves possible? I'd like to know

BCFC continue to benefit from this great recruitment /development/loan out/loan in/sell approach the Club taking. 

Fantastic! 

wizard of oz steam GIF

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Redstart said:

Certainly can't if we don't play the guy.

All our loaned out players are doing it in league 1. The championship is a big step up in quality. From what I’ve seen of Walsh and Szmodics proves that. 

I keep seeing some bloke called Toney Szmodics on the scoresheet. Did we sign the wrong one. 

Should have kept him and loaned out Palmer.

Pointless the latter being here anymore - if he is not getting on pitch as direct replacement for Patterson he is not getting on the pitch at all.

37 minutes ago, Meh said:

Should have kept him and loaned out Palmer.

Pointless the latter being here anymore - if he is not getting on pitch as direct replacement for Patterson he is not getting on the pitch at all.

It’s not just about performance on the pitch, although I would argue at least Palmer gets involved when he plays. It’s about attitude and how they settle. I am getting the impression that Szmodics is happier being back on the East side of the country. 
Palmer meanwhile was the first player Paterson celebrated his Reading goal with, no sign of unrest there.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Quest mentioned that 4 BCFC loanees scored yesterday .

Also mentioned Szmodics, Toney, Dembele.

Infectious front three.

STD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sammy was interviewed by BBC Cambs. In  it he stated that before coming to  Posh, he insisted on  game time.

He's getting that,  PUFC are getting the benefit of that now and hopefully, City will  in  future.

On 02/02/2020 at 02:24, Hampshire Red said:

Fantastic! 

Brian Tinnion is responsible for getting players the right loan club.

Does a fantastic job.

• Like 1

Apologies if posted elsewhere - He didn’t score at the weekend but did grab THREE assists! Fair play to him.

Peterborough fans saying they can’t believe how good he is, too good for league one and up there with Toney in terms of ability. 

We seem to have so many talented players but just struggle to get them playing to their potential. 

Edited by Kibs

On 05/02/2020 at 00:06, bcfc01 said:

Brian Tinnion is responsible for getting players the right loan club.

Does a fantastic job.

I'm thinking perhaps Tinman is now ready for the big job, he certainly has an eye for talent & how to utilise it, which is where we are failing to a certain degree :clap::fingerscrossed:.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Rovers 1

46 minutes ago, bpexile said:

I'm thinking perhaps Tinman is now ready for the big job, he certainly has an eye for talent & how to utilise it, which is where we are failing to a certain degree :clap::fingerscrossed:.

Doing a good job of helping to find the right club for a young player and keeping an eye on their progress is not really anything like having the big job is it?

16 hours ago, bpexile said:

Why on earth would we do that as he is doing such a great job in charge of loans ? 

I like Tins but I hope that when LJ goes we will get an upgrade in that post which Tins wouldn’t be .

On 02/02/2020 at 09:13, swanker said:

All our loaned out players are doing it in league 1. The championship is a big step up in quality. From what I’ve seen of Walsh and Szmodics proves that. 

Liam Walsh is still younger than Bobby was when people were writing him off and is one of promotion chasing Coventry’s top performers!

Certainly has the talent to have a bright future here.

Are all our best players out on loan or are they just being allowed to express themselves and play their natural game?

• Like 1

On 01/02/2020 at 20:10, JonDolman said:

I see him being in our team if we don't go up next season. Incredible work rate and very much an LJ player. 

So why did he not play him or keep him here??

12 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

So why did he not play him or keep him here??

Because he probably hasn't quite been good enough this season. Hopefully he improves by next season. The levels of a playoff chasing championship side seem to be quite high.

Sammie and the other players being mentioned in this thread are all playing in lower leagues - just because they manage it there doesn't mean they are ready for for championship level football, they are there to get the game time and develop. We signed Wells - why didn't Burnley just recall him and play him he was scoring loads of goals, which they cold do with? Same reason just because our loan players are performing at League 1 level and below doesn't mean they would have achieved that at upper Championship level. 

7 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Sammie and the other players being mentioned in this thread are all playing in lower leagues - just because they manage it there doesn't mean they are ready for for championship level football, they are there to get the game time and develop. We signed Wells - why didn't Burnley just recall him and play him he was scoring loads of goals, which they cold do with? Same reason just because our loan players are performing at League 1 level and below doesn't mean they would have achieved that at upper Championship level. 

100% The Championship is not comparable to L1 . I have high hopes for Walsh - I think he is a player, let’s see what happens.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Which is why we need to be careful in going after Toney at £10m+.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Which is why we need to be careful in going after Toney at £10m+.

Exactly.

Not too many players can make the step up to where we are or want to be directly from L1.

Jack Marriott who by all accounts is a natural finisher has been average since his transfer last season. I know he’s had injuries but he hasn’t been a nailed on first team starter. 

He will probably come good but 10 million gets more quality than Toney .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, marmite said:

Are all our best players out on loan or are they just being allowed to express themselves and play their natural game?

Indeed. 

Was an interesting comment from LJ about Wells not needing coaching. Came a day or so after Wright’s visit.

Wonder if Semenyo’s agent had a word in Wright’s ear about that and a mention of over-coaching was subtly passed on to LJ during the visit? 

On 02/02/2020 at 07:14, swanker said:

I think we have to recognise the massive gap between league 1 and the Championship.

The risk of paying big money for a player (particularly a goal scorer) form league 1 is huge.

I would say less than 50% of these buys turn out to be good value

• Like 1