IGNORED

Lee had offers.

glen humphries

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He might well have done, it’s not an absurd suggestion. He’s done well improving players and selling them on. He’s networked pretty extensively during his career. Wouldn’t surprise me if a bigger team - in this country or abroad - wanted him as a coach or as part of the youth set up.

This i think is the crux of it. We all know he likes visiting different clubs and he knows how to get on with people in the game. I imagine he has had many offers, but i’m not sure many of them (if any) would be for the lead role, most likely as part of a backroom staff.

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He might well have done, it’s not an absurd suggestion. He’s done well improving players and selling them on. He’s networked pretty extensively during his career. Wouldn’t surprise me if a bigger team - in this country or abroad - wanted him as a coach or as part of the youth set up.

And wouldn’t this be the ultimate Brentism?

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Exactly what I said when I heard him say that!

Yes, for the doubters, before kick off when we had a chance to go third, I still wanted him to go.

This post sums up the fickle numpties that frequent this board..... Simple solution for you..... Go and support Liverpool...... But you probably do already 

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Genuine question, whose he improved?

Iv’e heard Webster and Kelly mentioned,  but Webster was a class act when he came here, he  then played with better players than he had at Ipswich. Brighton had loads of cash to spend and took him from us. 

Kelly, was coached by the Academy coaches to get to the level he was at, LJ hardly played him. 

LJ has gambled with signing players over a 4 year period, sometimes they come off, sometimes not. There is no plan, it’s signing players for the sake of it, iit should be all about having a plan and signing players to fit into that plan. I would say that with the players he has bought in and the money he has spent, he is failing miserably.  

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Genuine question, whose he improved?

Iv’e heard Webster and Kelly mentioned,  but Webster was a class act when he came here, he  then played with better players than he had at Ipswich. Brighton had loads of cash to spend and took him from us. 

Kelly, was coached by the Academy coaches to get to the level he was at, LJ hardly played him. 

LJ has gambled with signing players over a 4 year period, sometimes they come off, sometimes not. There is no plan, it’s signing players for the sake of it, iit should be all about having a plan and signing players to fit into that plan. I would say that with the players he has bought in and the money he has spent, he is failing miserably.  

Reid

1 hour ago, One Team said:

Speak to any fans apart from our own and they will tell you they think some of our fans are mad for wanting him out.

He is highly regarded outside of Ashton Gate so I am not surprised at all. And not surprised he didn’t take it as he’s got air support like he would get nowhere else.

Rovers fans say they are highly regarded by every other club in the league, but is it true? 

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

Sounds like a man trying to protect his own reputation. Nothing wrong with that but I judge him by what he does, not what he says...and last night's shambles tells you much of what you need to know about Lee Johnson. Can't imagine many clubs looked at that and though 'ooh, maybe Lee could do that for us!'

What sort of man would big himself up on tv saying he’s had offers from other clubs, surely you’d keep that to yourself.

2 hours ago, glen humphries said:

In lj interview on sky just before kickoff he claimed he had had a couple of offers to leave us from other clubs anyone know who these clubs were, I’m calling it bullshit.

Assistant manager at Torquay

Sideways passing coach at Bristol Rovers

Stats man for coral and William hill

Weekend PFA coaching level 1 course at Etihad stadium

Political spin doctor 

2 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Reid

...you could add Josh Brownhill...

But that's it isn't it? And you could argue that Bobby Reid was a lucky throw of the dice...it certainly looked that way at the time. Brownhill gives LJ a lot of credit, and I think there'd be more substance to that.

But we need a manager right now...not a midfield coach (although it looked last night as though we needed that too!)

1 hour ago, One Team said:

Speak to any fans apart from our own and they will tell you they think some of our fans are mad for wanting him out.

He is highly regarded outside of Ashton Gate so I am not surprised at all. And not surprised he didn’t take it as he’s got air support like he would get nowhere else.

The huge problem is that the doubts still exist after four years .

Others do not see what we do week in week out.

1 hour ago, milo1111 said:

Or he can’t stand the general level of home league performance and entertainment value over the last few years. 

And, actually, that I feel LJ is not the man to take us further forward.

I see no plan for how we play or set up. The players being signed don’t seem to fit any clear plan. How can you really fit Palmer, Eliasson and Wells into a team that will have any defensive strength, given that we’re apparently a counter-attacking team reliant on a strong defence?

A few good results won’t make me waver and it isn’t personal, I strongly defended LJ during his first long run of defeats a couple of years ago, when this place was toxic. Over time, I’ve come to the conclusion that he, or his coaching staff, just aren’t up to it. There’s no real experience or quality amongst that side of the team. Add a coach with Prem experience, either as a player or coach and it might be a good first step. At the moment we have no coach who’s “been there and done it”.

9 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

...you could add Josh Brownhill...

But that's it isn't it? And you could argue that Bobby Reid was a lucky throw of the dice...it certainly looked that way at the time. Brownhill gives LJ a lot of credit, and I think there'd be more substance to that.

But we need a manager right now...not a midfield coach (although it looked last night as though we needed that too!)

There’s legit criticism you can make of LJ but I find some of the posts a bit strange. He’s been the coach for 4 years, a number of players have improved under him but some think there are other reasons. I just don’t buy the idea that a head coach has had to be circumvented or been such a negative  influence that other coaches have managed to improve players despite him.

3 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

There’s legit criticism you can make of LJ but I find some of the posts a bit strange. He’s been the coach for 4 years, a number of players have improved under him but some think there are other reasons. I just don’t buy the idea that a head coach has had to be circumvented or been such a negative  influence that other coaches have managed to improve players despite him.

He can coach, he just can’t manage. His tactics and selections are bizarre at times.

2 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

He can coach, he just can’t manage. His tactics and selections are bizarre at times.

That's it in a nutshell.

I feel he might one day be a decent manager, but he's in the wrong job at the wrong time. He's still in the job because SL wants to be proven to have picked a winner, not because LJ is a proven winner.

What we need is a proven winner.

Been quiet whilst we were winning. One loss and out of the woodwork they all come.

Saboteurs more than supporters. A stain on our club. 

Honestly, when we go up under Lee, and we will eventually. I hope not one of you gets even a sniff of enjoyment out of it. 

1 hour ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

No embarrassing someone still wants him gone when we could go 3rd.

I think that's the point. We could have gone 3rd yesterday. We could have got in to the play offs in the last couple of years. 

Unfortunately could never turns into we are or we did with Lee.

6 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

That's it in a nutshell.

I feel he might one day be a decent manager, but he's in the wrong job at the wrong time. He's still in the job because SL wants to be proven to have picked a winner, not because LJ is a proven winner.

What we need is a proven winner.

Wrong job? We are Bristol ******* City not Newcastle in the second tier. 

Jesus wept. 

1 minute ago, J-mat said:

Wrong job? We are Bristol ******* City not Newcastle in the second tier. 

Jesus wept. 

Yep, wrong job. Nothing on his managerial CV to suggest he can get a promotion for a side in the National League, let alone one of the most competitive leagues in the world. Maybe a season or two at Torquay would be about right for him? Work with some promising youngsters and win something.

And I know we are Bristol City thanks...been following us for decades, home and away.

2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Yep, wrong job. Nothing on his managerial CV to suggest he can get a promotion for a side in the National League, let alone one of the most competitive leagues in the world. Maybe a season or two at Torquay would be about right for him? Work with some promising youngsters and win something.

And I know we are Bristol City thanks...been following us for decades, home and away.

Entitled bullshit as per. 

We haven't finished this high, this consistently since Alan Dicks was manager. 

Something for nothing society. Never grateful for progress, never grateful for loyalty, never grateful for anything.

Boomers. Destroying everything. Worst generation ever. 

3 minutes ago, J-mat said:

Entitled bullshit as per. 

We haven't finished this high, this consistently since Alan Dicks was manager. 

Something for nothing society. Never grateful for progress, never grateful for loyalty, never grateful for anything.

Boomers. Destroying everything. Worst generation ever. 

******* idiot 

3 hours ago, glen humphries said:

In lj interview on sky just before kickoff he claimed he had had a couple of offers to leave us from other clubs anyone know who these clubs were, I’m calling it bullshit.

Assistant at Cheltenham and Torquay doesn't really count though does it. 

Chirpy cockernee bluffer 

Archived