IGNORED

Is this a library?

Judda

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One more note from Friday.

There seemed to be a noisy atmosphere building pre kick off but it was sadly as usual having to compete with the music- for 10 minutes, SWITCH. IT. OFF!

According to Gregor McGregor, the reason 7 nation army is the song the players walk out to is because of some sports science based performance/motivation activity they have done with with Kevin Mincher. Apparently the team selected 7 nation army (I don't know how many other choices they had) as the song that made them feel most energised and pumped up.

Horrible choice I think, I wonder what other dross they had to choose from to end up with that!

38 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

According to Gregor McGregor, the reason 7 nation army is the song the players walk out to is because of some sports science based performance/motivation activity they have done with with Kevin Mincher. Apparently the team selected 7 nation army (I don't know how many other choices they had) as the song that made them feel most energised and pumped up.

Horrible choice I think, I wonder what other dross they had to choose from to end up with that!

There's got to be better out there than that, for football really! 

All for the players being in the best frame of mind pre-game, but they really need to rethink this one.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There's got to be better out there than that, for football really! 

All for the players being in the best frame of mind pre-game, but they really need to rethink this one.

My guess is that it was part of some 'motivational' exercise where players were given a choice of maybe 5 songs and had to pick one that made them feel most energised or something.

I imagine the others were probably other cliched choices like the Rocky theme tune

I was late arriving, Friday. As I approached at about 8pm I could hear noise! and what sounded like atmosphere! I assumed it was Brum singing.

But it wasn't. 

I got to my seat and Brum had the ball, were on top and the place went quiet, flat. I don't think I saw us have a shot on target.

The football at home is dire. The standard of play from us at home is a big part of the atmosphere problem. Not the only problem but a big part of it.

On 08/02/2020 at 08:54, Robbored said:

AG has been a library since the redevelopment and the police insisting that the away fans are located in the Atyeo.

I agree that dour stuff served up on the pitch doesn’t help but we saw the same dour stuff under his dad and atmosphere wasn’t a problem way back then.

A different manager wouldn’t make the slightest difference.

Don’t mean to jump on the bandwagon and criticise you but there were 3 very exciting seasons under his Dad, and the atmosphere ranged from very good to absolutely rocking. 

There’s lots that can be done to improve atmosphere from having various singing sections around the stadium to having a team that wins most of their home games. If  they played exciting football all the better. 

On 08/02/2020 at 08:20, Judda said:

Every week the away fans sing this. Even the likes of Shrewsbury!

Why is the atmosphere so bad at the gate since the redevelopment?

I can only put it down to the poor football we watch at home games. Rarely entertaining. 

Or is the singing section in the wrong place? I am told on here they're singing but I can't normally hear them from where I sit. 

The only other thing I could put it down to is new fans... going from 10k to 20k attendances over the last 20 years, maybe the new generation of fans can't be arsed?

We haven’t gone from 10-20k crowds in the last 20 years. 
we’ve seen that increase in the last 4-5 years. 

Many of our supporters are very new to all this. 
Although it’s strange that it can be really good, when it’s all fired up. 

Oh and on another point, it makes you realise the start stupidity of Birmingham fans, who on a few occasions, followed up their enquiry as to whether Ashton Gate was a Library, with a song proclaiming that Bristol City fans couldn’t read...!

On 10/02/2020 at 16:24, Bar BS3 said:

Oh and on another point, it makes you realise the start stupidity of Birmingham fans, who on a few occasions, followed up their enquiry as to whether Ashton Gate was a Library, with a song proclaiming that Bristol City fans couldn’t read...!

The supreme irony for me was `Bristol`s a shithole, I want to go home` being sung by people from Birmingham!

On 08/02/2020 at 08:20, Judda said:

Every week the away fans sing this. Even the likes of Shrewsbury!

Why is the atmosphere so bad at the gate since the redevelopment?

I can only put it down to the poor football we watch at home games. Rarely entertaining. 

Or is the singing section in the wrong place? I am told on here they're singing but I can't normally hear them from where I sit. 

The only other thing I could put it down to is new fans... going from 10k to 20k attendances over the last 20 years, maybe the new generation of fans can't be arsed?

All away fans at away grounds sing it to whind up the home fans

21 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

The supreme irony for me was `Bristol`s a shithole, I want to go home` being sung by people from Birmingham!

Exactly. We may be many things here, and we may lack this that and the other... but there is NO WAY our fine City is a shit hole. And they know this deep down.

Archived