IGNORED

50+ players. Really!!

La Plage

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

Whilst I understand your point the expectation is to sell players high, buy low, develop them and then sell high again in a repeated cycle. My reason to say we have big expectations is because although we've done that we've also spent fairly big, beating our biggest transfer fee with Kalas and also spending £3-8m on an 18 year old midfielder.

I don't feel our squad was better in the past with the exception of Webster being our best defender. When you look at our options at center back right now it's probably the strongest we've ever had at one singular time, DaSilva is an incredible talent at left back, Bentley was a cool £4m and has been incredible at times and now we've got Wells and Diedhiou. I'd say our weakest point is the midfield but when was the last time we had a solid/impressive midfield?

As it stands we have a squad capable of making it to the Premier League, definitely if we could get Henriksen integrated and playing to his full potential but I think we're far more likely to finish lower mid-table as LJ's tactics just are not working for us.

More crap wording from me!!!  I’m in total agreement with you. I should’ve abandoned my second attempt to write a decent post too ???

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I really don't understand this point of view.. granted, we need to improve at home and get much better at breaking down teams that defend a lead at AG.. but we're 7th and 5 points off 2nd, if overall his tactics 'just are not working' we simply wouldn't be in that position. 

And equally being 5 points off 10th. I'm not agreeing with the person you replied to, but the word "Working" is down to their subjective league expectations. 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I really don't understand this point of view.. granted, we need to improve at home and get much better at breaking down teams that defend a lead at AG.. but we're 7th and 5 points off 2nd, if overall his tactics 'just are not working' we simply wouldn't be in that position. 

We're 7th and 5 points off 2nd... but how many times have we been able to say "We're in this great position and only so far away from promotion/play offs" only to end up mid-table.
The fact is that we have the entire top half of the table to play in our final 15 games with the exception of Brentford. Where we are now doesn't matter, what matters is where we are at 46 games played and based on our performances, the fixtures we have left and LJ's tactics I think it's far more likely that we'll be mid-table with a gap between us and the play-offs when those 46 games are played.

58 minutes ago, Sturny said:

And equally being 5 points off 10th. I'm not agreeing with the person you replied to, but the word "Working" is down to their subjective league expectations. 

Well of course that's true too, depends whether you're glass half full or empty I suppose.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

We're 7th and 5 points off 2nd... but how many times have we been able to say "We're in this great position and only so far away from promotion/play offs" only to end up mid-table.

I agree but this time we've actually strengthened in January so hopefully the team doesn't drop away like in previous years 

The fact is that we have the entire top half of the table to play in our final 15 games with the exception of Brentford. Where we are now doesn't matter, what matters is where we are at 46 games played

Of course where are now matters, it would also matter if we were top and if we were bottom.

and based on our performances, the fixtures we have left and LJ's tactics I think it's far more likely that we'll be mid-table with a gap between us and the play-offs when those 46 games are played.

Obviously where we are at the end of the season is ultimately what counts, so by using your own logic you can't say his tactics aren't 'working' because the season hasn't ended

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I haven’t  watched an u23 game for years but based on what BT said at Senior Reds the competition at that level is nowhere near the  competitiveness of the Championship.

That said, that type of game is ideal for senior pro’s returning from injury to get match fit - it’s a game after all and that’s what’s needed to be ready for consideration of the first team squad.

You seem to be contradicting yourself. Firstly you said that there were no competitive games for the  young players. Then, they were competitive but not much. Now they're good enough for a senior pro to get match fit.  It is a game after all.? 

12 minutes ago, Rich said:

You seem to be contradicting yourself. Firstly you said that there were no competitive games for the  young players. Then, they were competitive but not much. Now they're good enough for a senior pro to get match fit.  It is a game after all.? 

Because the senior pro’s returning from injury need to play football and that type of lower key matches are just ideal to help them regain match fitness. Competitiveness isn’t the main priority.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Because the senior pro’s returning from injury need to play football and that type of lower key matches are just ideal to help them regain match fitness. Competitiveness isn’t the main priority.

Is that right?

On 26/02/2020 at 18:55, sephjnr said:

I wonder how he's doing these days

kent.PNG

I recently read an article where it was mentioned he's not got one assist in 12 months at Rangers. 

That's poor and it surprises me if he is genuinely a fan favourite up there!

11 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I recently read an article where it was mentioned he's not got one assist in 12 months at Rangers. 

That's poor and it surprises me if he is genuinely a fan favourite up there!

he's got 3 this season according to one site, and 4 according to another: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ryan-kent/leistungsdaten/spieler/279457

Archived