Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Pickle Rick

125th anniversary shirt

The more I see it the more I like it. I hated it at first but I sort of think it looks okay now.

Only shame is that DUNDER is scrawled across it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

The more I see it the more I like it. I hated it at first but I sort of think it looks okay now.

Expect its a requirement if we're wearing it for a league game

I like it. Very tempted to get one. It's bold and definitely not conformist. A touch of the surreal about it. It's like Salvador Dali is still alive and progressed into kit design. It's a talking point. 

• Confused 1
  • Aubergine 1
  • Unicorn 1

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

I like it. Very tempted to get one. It's bold and definitely not conformist. A touch of the surreal about it. It's like Salvador Dali is still alive and progressed into kit design. It's a talking point. 

There's a lot of talk about coronavirus at the moment. Do you want that as well?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I like it. Very tempted to get one. It's bold and definitely not conformist. A touch of the surreal about it. It's like Salvador Dali is still alive and progressed into kit design  

. It's a talking point. 

It certainly is HOC !

I think anyone buying one , letalone actually wearing it , would invite a discussion as to what was the bet   

It’s a wind up - another hilarious idea of humour by Jon and the media team

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I am absolutely sure that the club are having a bit of fun with us, like the Huddersfield shirt pre season, with the sash. They have to be. You wait .

Think you could be right. They can’t surely think that’s appropriate or that it will sell.

The “like it?” comment must surely be to drive the controversy online and get it going viral too.  

11 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I am absolutely sure that the club are having a bit of fun with us, like the Huddersfield shirt pre season, with the sash. They have to be. You wait .

Hooolarious 

22 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

There's a lot of talk about coronavirus at the moment. Do you want that as well?

I think wearing that shirt will protect me as it appears the virus won't want to come anywhere near me!

• Haha 1

To paraphrase Edmund Blackadder " 'I know from long experience the shirt designers have the artistic talent of a cluster of colour-blind hedgehogs. In a bag".

• Like 3

I don’t like it. I won’t be buying it. 
However, I can’t believe that people can’t see what it’s for or supposed to be..! Who in their right mind would think that it’s next seasons kit FFS..!

I don’t know why they didn’t just go down a retro version of what the first ever kit was though. 
I think they’ll struggle to sell out of these. If they make 10..! 

41 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Chelsea one is how it should be done. 

Also, here’s the Leeds one as well. 

Then you see ours 😂😂

Thats my take on an anniversary kit.. it needs to look minimal and old school.. They should have ****** the Dunder logo off for just one game gone for something like Chelsea.. with the retro numbers aswell.

Another opportunity missed by the club but it is hardly a suprise. We are still amateur off the field in many aspects. I can just imagine how cringeworthy the panel of Bristol Sport employee’s would have been approving this..All creaming themselves thinking they have designed  such a brilliant kit but it couldn’t be any worse!

• Like 1

It's got to be a publicity stunt, and by the looks of the reaction, quite a good one.

All publicity etc...........

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Is this because you’ve spent the afternoon drinking rough cider?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

I think wearing that shirt will protect me as it appears the virus won't want to come anywhere near me!

Ah so the plan is that China are about to order a billion shirts to protect their population. Jon Lansdown is a genius!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

This is for April Fools right ?

Or anidea for the worst shirt ide in the history of Assiciation Football 

its  a wind up 

no no one could be that stupid 

Joking aside, I am seriously worried that someone has decided this is marketable, after all they are in a business to sell, sell, sell otherwise we would all be getting one for free.

This hasn’t suddenly been produced overnight but probably had months of meetings and negotiations. It cannot be just one person behind this, did no one honestly think not only that it wasn’t commercially a goer but out of respect to the history of the club too.

I do not work in marketing or design, never have but I certainly would have designed something more fitting for the occasion. I’ve seen some fantastic designs for shirts on here in the past too. 

What a shame we are now an embarrassment and I am gutted over the opportunity lost. Better get it right for the 150th I guess.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

Classic example of design by committee. 

Yeah and the votes for the top 2 we’re exactly the same.

so they did a mix and match of both 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

The worst thing is.....I've just bought one! 😂

My little boy loves it and his birthday is 2 days before the match. (I'll let him off as he's only going to be 8 )

Edited by Steve Watts

Trying to get my head around the fact this made it all the way to launch and production. When 99% of people immediately conclude it’s awful, how the hell does it pass through the various stages of design, approval and manufacture without a single person stating the obvious?

Reminds of the playgroup font on the training wear a couple of seasons ago.

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It’s a wind up everyone 

It’s not though is it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It’s a wind up everyone 

Got to be surely.... the real one is due to be announced at 9pm.....

Think I'd rather have this one.....

city kit.jpg

Edited by Taz
Replica of the first kit would be perfectly understandable/acceptable

1 hour ago, WarksRobin said:

The anniversary kit will be worn once, against Fulham and then disposed of

It is NOT next years kit. Phew.

We're not actually going to wear it in a match are we? I fear we'll feature prominently in every 'crap kits' survey from now on.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedM said:

Joking aside, I am seriously worried that someone has decided this is marketable, after all they are in a business to sell, sell, sell otherwise we would all be getting one for free.

This hasn’t suddenly been produced overnight but probably had months of meetings and negotiations. It cannot be just one person behind this, did no one honestly think not only that it wasn’t commercially a goer but out of respect to the history of the club too.

I do not work in marketing or design, never have but I certainly would have designed something more fitting for the occasion. I’ve seen some fantastic designs for shirts on here in the past too. 

What a shame we are now an embarrassment and I am gutted over the opportunity lost. Better get it right for the 150th I guess.

Perhaps they spent too much time on blue sky thinking and thinking outside of the box. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Two of the 3 other examples on this thread have no sponsor. The Man City one does, but Ethihad is rather more subtle.

Perhaps Dunder had to be included (were the Chelsea & Leeds ones not worn for 1st team games?). If so perhaps the chaotic design was thought to be the way to "disguise" the dominating sponsor.

I think there must have been many better solutions, although DUNDER spread across would have surely detracted from most/all of them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

We're not actually going to wear it in a match are we? I fear we'll feature prominently in every 'crap kits' survey from now on.

Perhaps that's the idea. 

It has to be a wind up :noexp:

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Perhaps they spent too much time on blue sky thinking and thinking outside of the box. 

Whoever came up with it was certainly out of their box at the time.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nbafc said:

Two of the 3 other examples on this thread have no sponsor. The Man City one does, but Ethihad is rather more subtle.

Perhaps Dunder had to be included (were the Chelsea & Leeds ones not worn for 1st team games?). If so perhaps the chaotic design was thought to be the way to "disguise" the dominating sponsor.

I think there must have been many better solutions, although DUNDER spread across would have surely detracted from most/all of them.

Can't you just print dunder in red on a red background? :ph34r:

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Nobody outside of this club will be talking about the shirt after the one and only game we are wearing it

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It certainly is HOC !

I think anyone buying one , letalone actually wearing it , would invite a discussion as to what was the bet   

It’s a wind up - another hilarious idea of humour by Jon and the media team

58 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Think you could be right. They can’t surely think that’s appropriate or that it will sell.

The “like it?” comment must surely be to drive the controversy online and get it going viral too.  

Yep you're right - that's them all over. I smelled a rat with the 'like it' thing.