Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Not red for me. He put his hand on Pato's neck. ****ing wow, what kind of game do we want? It's about passion ffs. Sawyers is innocent and If that's our player seeing red, we'd be fuming.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1
  • Aubergine 2
3 hours ago, the frampton balti said:

Pathetic handbags ! Fans cheering like its a goal or something. Get a grip!

Fans always cheer an opposition red card. Always do, always have. Not just at City, everywhere. 

It briefly brought the illusion that we might sneak a draw - until their third goal.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Not red for me. He put his hand on Pato's neck. ****ing wow, what kind of game do we want? It's about passion ffs. Sawyers is innocent and If that's our player seeing red, we'd be fuming.

In what world is grabbing someone by the neck not a red? Innocent? The worst thing I’ve read about today’s game and that’s saying something!

also billic saying if that’s a red we’d see loads, I couldn’t tell you the last game I watched where someone grabbed an opponent by the throat. He makes it sound like it happens several times a game ffs

Edited by MarcusX
  • Like 2

100% a red no questions asked everyone who knows the game knows you raise your hand to an opponent's neck or face its a straight red , only shock was it took forever for the ref to show the red. 

Shame for sawyers as he really is a quality player .

• Like 1

I'm not sure it was a straight Red, seen similar given yellow and seen worse nasty tackles not punished so harshly.
What gets me, he had Pato by the throat long enough and within the Refs eyeline , specially as Pato turned towards the Ref. Yet it wasn't until the Lino got involved that he was sent off. What was it that the Linesman saw, that the Ref didn't ?

11 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

I'd be amazed if anyone stuck up for a player of ours doing that and getting a red. Fuming maybe, because it is obviously such a stupid thing to do knowing it is a red in todays rules.

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm not sure it was a straight Red, seen similar given yellow and seen worse nasty tackles not punished so harshly.
What gets me, he had Pato by the throat long enough and within the Refs eyeline , specially as Pato turned towards the Ref. Yet it wasn't until the Lino got involved that he was sent off. What was it that the Linesman saw, that the Ref didn't ?

And then got booked himself 🤣 

I still don’t know why Sawyers got so angry. Surely at this level you expect to be pressed and your ankles kicked here and there. Don’t be so precious and just get on with it

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

And then got booked himself 🤣 

I still don’t know why Sawyers got so angry. Surely at this level you expect to be pressed and your ankles kicked here and there. Don’t be so precious and just get on with it

I thought it was a harsh free kick against Pato let alone booking FFS, if the Lino said send Sawyer off for being a **** I'd agree with the decision. 

• Like 1

Another point is that this is the only red this ref has given all season, so its not like he hands them out willy nilly.

Would have helped if Pato had been around to wind hem up in the first 30 minutes though.  A red before they scored their first and who knows what the outcome would have been though to be fair, 10 men v 11 boys would still have been tough