Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

No real surprise.......


Recommended Posts

Is it any wonder we look disjointed and looking like Sunday league players. Our coaching staffs previous jobs were at Kerala Blasters,Walsall, Oldham  and Barnsley and have all previously worked with our current head coach. Compare this to Pat Lam and his staff and it's a different world. 

Edited by CityCiderEd
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Is it any wonder we look disjointed and looking like Sunday league players. Our coaching staffs previous jobs were at Kerala Blasters,Walsall, Oldham  and Barnsley and have all previously worked with our current head coach. Compare this to Pat Lam and his staff and it's a different world. 

Did you say the same about Chris Wilder when he moved to Sheff U after being at Alfreton, Halifax, Oxford and Northampton?

Just wondering. 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Did you say the same about Chris Wilder when he moved to Sheff U after being at Alfreton, Halifax, Oxford and Northampton?

Just wondering. 

He achieved at a number of those clubs though Kid

Have to be honest I’m totally perplexed by your rampant defences of LJ

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Did you say the same about Chris Wilder when he moved to Sheff U after being at Alfreton, Halifax, Oxford and Northampton?

Just wondering. 

How many promotions did Wilder win at those clubs?

How many promotions, scrap that promotion challenges, have our trio got between them in their career? None.

Edited by cidercity1987
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Did you say the same about Chris Wilder when he moved to Sheff U after being at Alfreton, Halifax, Oxford and Northampton?

Just wondering. 

The bloke had a track record and won things, consistently, diligently working his way through the leagues.

What have Holden, Macca, and LJ, won on paper KTR? A free coupon to Alton Towers?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Change after change on the pitch.

The one change needed is off of it!

Genuinely, what formation do we play? Apart from Bentley and Dasilva, who is nailed on as a starter? 

Every week its a new defence, new midfield, different formation. We had no cohesion or consistency in defence or centre midfield tonight.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He achieved at a number of those clubs though Kid

Have to be honest I’m totally perplexed by your rampant defences of LJ

Did well at Oxford and Northampton. Spent six years at Halifax not doing that much. He wasn't fancied by that many clubs further up the pyramid as I recall. 

It's not a defence of LJ, it's just a simple point that to dismiss a coach's ability based on the previous clubs they've worked at is absurd. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Did well at Oxford and Northampton. Spent six years at Halifax not doing that much. He wasn't fancied by that many clubs further up the pyramid as I recall. 

It's not a defence of LJ, it's just a simple point that to dismiss a coach's ability based on the previous clubs they've worked at is absurd. 

 

So - are you keeping LJ ?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

How many promotions did Wilder win at those clubs?

How many promotions, scrap that promotion challenges, have our trio got between them in their career? None.

 

6 minutes ago, Fuber said:

The bloke had a track record and won things, consistently, diligently working his way through the leagues.

What have Holden, Macca, and LJ, won on paper KTR? A free coupon to Alton Towers?

Take it up with the OP. They're saying experience at lower level and less fashionable teams apparently isn't sufficient to manage the mighty Bristol City. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Did you say the same about Chris Wilder when he moved to Sheff U after being at Alfreton, Halifax, Oxford and Northampton?

Just wondering. 

He was appointed the same year as LJ was at City and has got Sheffield United 3 promotions with a lot less money than LJ has had at his disposal so I really don't get your analogy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So - are you keeping LJ ?

Yes, until the end of the season barring a really, really bad run of form. I predict we'll get back to winning ways at some point and go close for 6th place.

My main issue with firing LJ is that I don't think SL will appoint someone that's any better.

4 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

He was appointed the same year as LJ was at City and has got Sheffield United 3 promotions with a lot less money than LJ has had at his disposal so I really don't get your analogy.

Read my subsequent posts on this thread. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Yes, until the end of the season barring a really, really bad run of form. I predict we'll get back to winning ways at some point and go close for 6th place.

This still has a major bearing on your mindset ?

My main issue with firing LJ is that I don't think SL will appoint someone that's any better.

Although you may be right , the constant worry (Nd posts) about who we’d appoint is one poor one for keeping somebody who is simply not up to it 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Did well at Oxford and Northampton. Spent six years at Halifax not doing that much. He wasn't fancied by that many clubs further up the pyramid as I recall. 

It's not a defence of LJ, it's just a simple point that to dismiss a coach's ability based on the previous clubs they've worked at is absurd. 

 

It depends on how well they succeeded at the individual clubs imo, I do agree with the gist of the OP's point, Championship experience is a must at the minute, or at least a manager who actually managed to get a team into the Champ and has a philosphy.

Also, to add to the above KTR, Wilder managed Halifax while they were crippled by off-pitch problems. His squads were ripped apart each years, and yet the still survived, while even reaching a play-off final in 2006.

Taking that into account, the bloke doesnt really have a blemish on his record. Halifax in itself he had a 38.4% win record, the worst of his career to date.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of results and league position @BobBobSuperBob LJ is just about fulfilling our potential. Crowds are up and Fulham home, for example, is nearing a sell-out. 

We could "twist" but imo it's just as likely there would be another period of rebuilding than actually making us better.

It's a risk and LJ isn't sufficiently under-achieving to force SLs hand.

  • Like 1
  • Robin 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

My main issue with firing LJ is that I don't think SL will appoint someone that's any better.

Read my subsequent posts on this thread. 

That’s my main worry. It would go to ‘Macca’ faster than you can say “I need 3 windows”

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In terms of results and league position @BobBobSuperBob LJ is just about fulfilling our potential. Crowds are up and Fulham home, for example, is nearing a sell-out. 

We could "twist" but imo it's just as likely there would be another period of rebuilding than actually making us better.

It's a risk and LJ isn't sufficiently under-achieving to force SLs hand.

But mate , I’m not asking about what SL may or may not be satisfied with

Im interested in your views and opinion , and , why 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Also, to add to the above KTR, Wilder managed Halifax while they were crippled by off-pitch problems. His squads were ripped apart each years, and yet the still survived, while even reaching a play-off final in 2006.

Taking that into account, the bloke doesnt really have a blemish on his record. Halifax in itself he had a 38.4% win record, the worst of his career to date.

Could say similar about LJ at Oldham fella. Bottom 3 budget in L1 and brought them into the top half of the league/play off places at one point. Brought on Tarkowski, Korey Smith etc. LJs win ratios at Oldham, Barnsley and us are decent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fuber said:

It depends on how well they succeeded at the individual clubs imo, I do agree with the gist of the OP's point, Championship experience is a must at the minute, or at least a manager who actually managed to get a team into the Champ and has a philosphy.

Also, to add to the above KTR, Wilder managed Halifax while they were crippled by off-pitch problems. His squads were ripped apart each years, and yet the still survived, while even reaching a play-off final in 2006.

Taking that into account, the bloke doesnt really have a blemish on his record. Halifax in itself he had a 38.4% win record, the worst of his career to date.

LJs squads are ripped apart yearly too

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In terms of results and league position @BobBobSuperBob LJ is just about fulfilling our potential. Crowds are up and Fulham home, for example, is nearing a sell-out. 

We could "twist" but imo it's just as likely there would be another period of rebuilding than actually making us better.

It's a risk and LJ isn't sufficiently under-achieving to force SLs hand.

Show me a team that would fire their coach with 11 games left of the season when they are a few points off the play offs? It’s absurd that people think it’s even a consideration at this point of the season 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

In terms of results and league position @BobBobSuperBob LJ is just about fulfilling our potential. Crowds are up and Fulham home, for example, is nearing a sell-out. 

We could "twist" but imo it's just as likely there would be another period of rebuilding than actually making us better.

It's a risk and LJ isn't sufficiently under-achieving to force SLs hand.

Thing is Kid there will be another period of rebuilding again anyway in the summer if we stick with LJ. How many players stiĺl here after his "3 window " rebuild? We spend big on players, maybe it's time to spend big on a new coach. The players are certainly not as bad as they are being made to play. We've tried changing the players so let's try something different. Over to you Steve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CityCiderEd said:

Is it any wonder we look disjointed and looking like Sunday league players. Our coaching staffs previous jobs were at Kerala Blasters,Walsall, Oldham  and Barnsley and have all previously worked with our current head coach. Compare this to Pat Lam and his staff and it's a different world. 

One might say that, in the coaching department we have yin, but no yang.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Show me a team that would fire their coach with 11 games left of the season when they are a few points off the play offs? It’s absurd that people think it’s even a consideration at this point of the season 

West Brom sacked their coach with around the same amount of games remaining last season. They were in 4th place. They are currently comfortably atop the division and playing some good football on top of it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, marmite said:

Thing is Kid there will be another period of rebuilding again anyway in the summer if we stick with LJ. How many players stiĺl here after his "3 window " rebuild? We spend big on players, maybe it's time to spend big on a new coach. The players are certainly not as bad as they are being made to play. We've tried changing the players so let's try something different. Over to you Steve.

Coppell aside, there is zero evidence available that SL will spend big on a coach though. I'd be all for it, just cannot see it happening. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...