Jump to content

Are you renewing you SC?


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

To be honest I can’t actually remember when I got my first ST but it was many years years ago. Like you thinking back I didn’t have one way back probably because I couldn’t afford it.

Was that the year the wheel fell off the treddle of the Caxton Press, RR?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

No, same turnstiles as you would have used. Advantages, I guess a cost savings, but also half the book was full of vouchers for cup matches and any away ticket only games, which were hardly ever required! No food vouchers though! 😪

Also no gong halves with the turnstile operator,and jumping over the said turnstile (until they put in the floor to ceiling ones),or squeezing two of you through on the one turn.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Also no gong halves with the turnstile operator,and jumping over the said turnstile (until they put in the floor to ceiling ones),or squeezing two of you through on the one turn.

Happy days indeed

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Presuming we don't go up why would there be an increase?

Bristol Sport will appeal to many people who have moved into the areas surrounding Ashton Gate.

Fans struggling to pay around £500 for a season ticket will be replaced by 'customers' not too bothered about performances or results. For them it's just something to do and £500 is peanuts to them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I watched many games with anti-climb paint on my hands :)

 

Would do absolutely anything to get in to watch us back then,and more often than not,did so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nickolas said:

I think you should read my paragraph again me old mate. Obviously didnt understand my statement!

Apologies, when you posted ‘we should all be renewing..’ I thought you were saying ‘we should all be renewing’ - I obviously misunderstood what you meant ..

Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course I’ll renew.  Over 50 years of watching City and only missed while I was at University and (I’m rather ashamed to say) from 1982-1986 when City’s slump rather fortuitously coincided with a lot of business in the music industry.  My son now goes with me, and I hope one day he’ll hand the tickets down, unless global warming gets him first.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Redland said:

Yes. Renewed it Tuesday. Having said that haven’t been down much this season. Just because I’ve wasted my money it doesn’t mean I have to waste my time as well. 

Same here, will renew but not sure how many games I'll attend while LJ is in charge

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Of course I’ll renew.  Over 50 years of watching City and only missed while I was at University and (I’m rather ashamed to say) from 1982-1986 when City’s slump rather fortuitously coincided with a lot of business in the music industry.  My son now goes with me, and I hope one day he’ll hand the tickets down, unless global warming gets him first.

A very similar tale to you. I will be renewing as I don't have the rose tinted glasses for viewing the past that some seem to possess.

Edited by Port Said Red
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Bristol Sport will appeal to many people who have moved into the areas surrounding Ashton Gate.

Fans struggling to pay around £500 for a season ticket will be replaced by 'customers' not too bothered about performances or results. For them it's just something to do and £500 is peanuts to them.

I've lived in BS3 for over 35 years and have never known one newcomer to the area from outside Bristol to ever be the sllghtest bit interested in watching BCFC.

As we all know many houses in BS3 are bought up by people relocating - very often from London - and they're either not interested in football or have their own team already, and in most cases that team will become their children's team too - especially as many only seem to stay for a few years before moving on.

No doubt there will be a few newcomers who will try frequenting AG, if only 'for something to do' - but a very small number imo. - and without a passion for the club they'll soon get bored with what's on offer, and the general air of gloom around them in the stands, and very likely stop coming and find something else to do.

I certainly don't see these people bumping up our ST sales and see no evidence in the make up of the crowd that might be the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I've had a season ticket since 1966 with the following exceptions.

1980 for a couple of years, standing in East End, and the club then introduced ST for standing after 1982 bankruptcy.

Since then I've only missed out for six seasons between 2005 - 2012 while living in Portugal. The exception was 2008-9 when I had one and came back for 12 games. I saw about six games per season and even a couple or so away games.

I'm considering not renewing now because I do not enjoy watching the dross that Johnson is  dishing up at home games. If he goes, I renew.

@JerrySLO

Same here cant put up with no more shit football an tactics.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies, when you posted ‘we should all be renewing..’ I thought you were saying ‘we should all be renewing’ - I obviously misunderstood what you meant ..

No worries. Think i was trying to be positive with the PL 19 games bit! Even though we are dreadful and us being promoted would be a travesty for other champ clubs!! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have renewed my 5 season tickets

City are easily top half of the championship, which in our recent history is very good.

Unless you cant afford it, i dont see why you would'nt renew.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, PolskRed said:

Yes. Seen much worse news n the 35+ I have been watching City, plus wouldn’t really feel right turning up just for the good times. What sort of supporter would that be? 

If we were watching football for the glory we wouldn't be City fans.  Rough with the smooth is all we know.  Anyone who thinks otherwise needs a reality check.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I've renewed mine.

I've sat through some utter shite over the years, where we've been a lot worse (both in terms of performances and league position) than we are currently, so if I didn't stop going then, I'm not going to stop now! 

It’s like everyone’s had a brain wipe from anything prior to about 14/15. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I've lived in BS3 for over 35 years and have never known one newcomer to the area from outside Bristol to ever be the sllghtest bit interested in watching BCFC.

As we all know many houses in BS3 are bought up by people relocating - very often from London - and they're either not interested in football or have their own team already, and in most cases that team will become their children's team too - especially as many only seem to stay for a few years before moving on.

No doubt there will be a few newcomers who will try frequenting AG, if only 'for something to do' - but a very small number imo. - and without a passion for the club they'll soon get bored with what's on offer, and the general air of gloom around them in the stands, and very likely stop coming and find something else to do.

I certainly don't see these people bumping up our ST sales and see no evidence in the make up of the crowd that might be the case.

This is absolute nonsense in my experience.

Only last night at the Question of Sport event at AG I was sat next to two blokes that live and work in BS3, one originally from London and the other Cornwall. Both have had ST's in the Lansdown Stand with their teenage boys for the past two seasons. Different clubs, but again only yesterday I was speaking to a young chap who's Dad supported Luton but they'd moved to Leicester when he was young and so he supported Leicester (and in fact has a ST and commutes from Bristol).

At the Millwall game I was sat next to two UWE students originally from the south east, both of whom had adopted City as their team and went to games when they could. They were showing more interest and passion for the team than most of the regulars sat around me in Block A Dolman, in fact.

You must walk around with your eyes and ears shut if you've NEVER known newcomers to Bristol to be interested in watching City. Try speaking to people around you in the ground and there's many that have adopted City as their team after moving to Bristol. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Yes , I renewed , did I read somewhere that there won’t be new season cards sent out (if you have one now) as the present ones are not year dated? Your renewal will be credited to your current card....or did I dream it! ....:blink:

Just renewed mine, so I looked out for this...and no you didn't dream it!. Provided you haven't changed your seat or your category (senior under 18 etc) then your current card will just get reloaded.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This is absolute nonsense in my experience.

You must walk around with your eyes and ears shut if you've NEVER known newcomers to Bristol to be interested in watching City. Try speaking to people around you in the ground and there's many that have adopted City as their team after moving to Bristol. 

This

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have renewed my season ticket for the 19th time , it's a easy choice I I love watching city , yes we are not playing well at the moment but who knows what will happen next season, I think you don't fall out of love with the club just because you don't like the manager, I been watching city for over 25 years and seen some really bad football on that time but it always got better, I don't like what I see at the moment but am sure it will improve one way or another, so sticking with the club as always,

  • Like 2
  • Robin 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I've lived in BS3 for over 35 years and have never known one newcomer to the area from outside Bristol to ever be the sllghtest bit interested in watching BCFC.

As we all know many houses in BS3 are bought up by people relocating - very often from London - and they're either not interested in football or have their own team already, and in most cases that team will become their children's team too - especially as many only seem to stay for a few years before moving on.

No doubt there will be a few newcomers who will try frequenting AG, if only 'for something to do' - but a very small number imo. - and without a passion for the club they'll soon get bored with what's on offer, and the general air of gloom around them in the stands, and very likely stop coming and find something else to do.

I certainly don't see these people bumping up our ST sales and see no evidence in the make up of the crowd that might be the case.

Then you need to open your eyes a bit wider mate. They are amongst us and growing in number.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...