Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Player Ratings - Fulham (h) 1-1


Recommended Posts

Here we go, generally a positive performance so higher ratings than my usually stingy scores.  Full-marks only, 6 being a player earning his wages...although today I might give the odd half-mark, because I like to break my own rules.

Maenpaa - 8 - three excellent saves today, commanded the area, communicates well.  The save from Reid in first half was brilliant, strong hand and saw it late.  Couple of dodgy goal kicks reminded me of Frankie, but everything else cool and calm, which is what you want.

Pereira - 7 - one of his best games in a City shirt.  Did both aspects of the game today decently against a tough opponent.  Pretty calm defender too (apart from that bad foul).  Improving, good to see.

Dasilva - 7 - pretty steady today, got forward well and linked well with midfield and forwards.

Kalas - 8 - super performance from him today against arguably the best striker in the division.  Love it when I see a CB get up early for his headers.  Couple of vital blocks too, as well as some good passes 2nd half clipped in behind the full-back.  Looks sharp and back to near his best.  Good timing!

Baker - 6 - subbed off with concussion following a heavy challenge on Kamara.

Benkovic - 6 - pretty steady coming on for a Baker.  Bit casual on 1/2 occasions 2nd half, but attached the ball well.

Paterson - 6 - in and out game today, looked a bit lost in certain periods of first half as Fulham passed around him.  Stuck to it, and made two big tackles in that period.

Diedhiou - 6 - put himself about from long balls and also for his part in the goal before Pereira nodded it to Wells.

Massengo - 6.5 - lots of good things, facing forwards he used the ball well, got caught back to goal (although a couple of times he was obviously fouled).  That bit he will learn.  Thought he played some brave passes today, lobbing the ball over opponent.  Understandably run out of steam last 10...although two fantastic blocks on Cairney late on too.

Smith - 7.5 - really good today, looks like he’s back to full match sharpness.  Gonna be key to the rest of the season.

O’Dowda - 7.5 - after a quiet start he really grew into the game.  Saw him make some 50:50 challenges too!!  Good running with the ball and got us going second half.  So much better, and did his defensive duties too.

Weimann - 7 - such an improved performance.  Involved in a lot of our good stuff 1st half, finding pockets and linking with Wells.  And what a run in the second half.  Did a good job when switching to RW when Fam came on for Pato.

Wells - 7.5 - much, much better too.  Gave Hector and Ream a tough afternoon, and took his goal well.  Can play both ways and we stretched them on several occasions.

Eliasson no score, but did his work.

Watched from usual LS seat.

Feel free to agree, disagree, whatever.  But add where you watched, e.g.which stand or tv or radio 👀

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Apart from Pereira who was superb and deserved an 8, I agree. Smith probably an 8 as well but not going to worry about a difference of 0.5 ! 

 

Pretty decent all round weren’t we today.

Maenpaa 35, Pereira 22, Dasilva 21, Kalas 26, Benkovic 22, Eliasson 24, O’Dowda 24, Massengo 18, Smith 29, Weimann 28, Diedhiou 27 finished the game...pretty young team too.  Average age 25....24 had Bentley played.

Link to post
Share on other sites

NM made a couple of super saves. MOM IMO. However Weimann was as good as anything out there. Wells and Weimann look like they could form a good partnership

We played football more and was a very good performance At Home!!

We did not resort to hoof ball but hit some great long accurate balls into the wings...When FD came on we mixed it up a little going for a win, however that was a performance to build on!

ANYONE HAVE AN UPDATE ON BENIK? Throw him in the forward mix with eight to go and we could still have a chance.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Here we go, generally a positive performance so higher ratings than my usually stingy scores.  Full-marks only, 6 being a player earning his wages...although today I might give the odd half-mark, because I like to break my own rules.

Maenpaa - 8 - three excellent saves today, commanded the area, communicates well.  The save from Reid in first half was brilliant, strong hand and saw it late.  Couple of dodgy goal kicks reminded me of Frankie, but everything else cool and calm, which is what you want.

Pereira - 7 - one of his best games in a City shirt.  Did both aspects of the game today decently against a tough opponent.  Pretty calm defender too (apart from that bad foul).  Improving, good to see.

Dasilva - 7 - pretty steady today, got forward well and linked well with midfield and forwards.

Kalas - 8 - super performance from him today against arguably the best striker in the division.  Love it when I see a CB get up early for his headers.  Couple of vital blocks too, as well as some good passes 2nd half clipped in behind the full-back.  Looks sharp and back to near his best.  Good timing!

Baker - 6 - subbed off with concussion following a heavy challenge on Kamara.

Benkovic - 6 - pretty steady coming on for a Baker.  Bit casual on 1/2 occasions 2nd half, but attached the ball well.

Paterson - 6 - in and out game today, looked a bit lost in certain periods of first half as Fulham passed around him.  Stuck to it, and made two big tackles in that period.

Diedhiou - 6 - put himself about from long balls and also for his part in the goal before Pereira nodded it to Wells.

Massengo - 6.5 - lots of good things, facing forwards he used the ball well, got caught back to goal (although a couple of times he was obviously fouled).  That bit he will learn.  Thought he played some brave passes today, lobbing the ball over opponent.  Understandably run out of steam last 10...although two fantastic blocks on Cairney late on too.

Smith - 7.5 - really good today, looks like he’s back to full match sharpness.  Gonna be key to the rest of the season.

O’Dowda - 7.5 - after a quiet start he really grew into the game.  Saw him make some 50:50 challenges too!!  Good running with the ball and got us going second half.  So much better, and did his defensive duties too.

Weimann - 7 - such an improved performance.  Involved in a lot of our good stuff 1st half, finding pockets and linking with Wells.  And what a run in the second half.  Did a good job when switching to RW when Fam came on for Pato.

Wells - 7.5 - much, much better too.  Gave Hector and Ream a tough afternoon, and took his goal well.  Can play both ways and we stretched them on several occasions.

Eliasson no score, but did his work.

Watched from usual LS seat.

Feel free to agree, disagree, whatever.  But add where you watched, e.g.which stand or tv or radio 👀

If you're talking about the run where he ran from one end of the pitch to the other, I thought that was pretty poor. He had ages to square it to a number of City players running alongside him, but he left it too late. Typical Weimann - i.e. runs a lot but poor end product

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree on the whole Dave. Although I feel that massengo got caught in possession quite often and let players run in behind him too easily. Maeenpaa was impressive and I thought odowda had his best game in ages. Overall the spirit and effort was much more than we've seen in recent home performances and we're going to need that from hereon in if we're going to have any chance of the play offs

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Watched from SS. 
pretty much agree. 
Korey MOM for me- was very good again as per last week- new contract needed. 
 

Benkovic worries me tho. 

Me too. 

He isn't anywhere near up to speed with the Championship imo.

Anyway, my scores on the doors;

Maenpaa - 7  Great reaction saves and good handing in general but distribution a bit suspect.

Pereira - 7  Had a good game again against a very good opponent, won the battle imo.

Kalas - 8  He is at his best when you don't notice him imo. But a couple of blocks, which may have gone unnoticed, saved us conceding. He's back.

Baker - 7  Before going off again....

Dasilva - 6  Not one of his best games imo.

Paterson - 5  Largely anonymous but seemed to work hard.

Massengo -7  Always showing for the ball and moving it on, needs a run in the side imo

Smith - 8  Not a big fan but the last couple of games he's stepped up and led by example fair play. 

O'Dowda - 7  justified his selection at Millwall and today, decent all round performance from him but he really needs to get his head up when running with the ball.

Weimann - 6  Usual work rate and some good interplay today.

Wells - 7  Got his goal and his link up play is good to watch, he'll get a few more before the end of the season.

Diedhiou - 5  Difficult to come on and make an impact but his defensive work was much better than his offensive stuff.

Benkovic - 6  He did ok but I really think this player is a disaster waiting to happen - either a sending off or gifting a goal. He needs a lot more games eslewhere before starting for us imo.

Eliasson - N/A

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Me too. 

He isn't anywhere near up to speed with the Championship imo.

Anyway, my scores on the doors;

Maenpaa - 7  Great reaction saves and good handing in general but distribution a bit suspect.

Pereira - 7  Had a good game again against a very good opponent, won the battle imo.

Kalas - 8  He is at his best when you don't notice him imo. But a couple of blocks, which may have gone unnoticed, saved us conceding. He's back.

Baker - 7  Before going off again....

Dasilva - 6  Not one of his best games imo.

Paterson - 5  Largely anonymous but seemed to work hard.

Massengo -7  Always showing for the ball and moving it on, needs a run in the side imo

Smith - 8  Not a big fan but the last couple of games he's stepped up and led by example fair play. 

O'Dowda - 7  justified his selection at Millwall and today, decent all round performance from him but he really needs to get his head up when running with the ball.

Weimann - 6  Usual work rate and some good interplay today.

Wells - 7  Got his goal and his link up play is good to watch, he'll get a few more before the end of the season.

Diedhiou - 5  Difficult to come on and make an impact but his defensive work was much better than his offensive stuff.

Benkovic - 6  He did ok but I really think this player is a disaster waiting to happen - either a sending off or gifting a goal. He needs a lot more games eslewhere before starting for us imo.

Eliasson - N/A

How can you not be a fan of Smith? He's the best midfielder at the club

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sound assessment from where I was sat (Lansdown near the Heineken) but (as you're dealing in 0.5s now!) I'd take that much off Massengo - I thought they robbed him far too easily far too often - and hand it to Korey who definitely earned a straight 8 from my line of sight. And maybe up Pato to 6.5 - he made at least three really good interventions at our end in defence - the sort of thing that gets Fammy a big cheer but seems to go unnoticed from him.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am quick to criticise but also quick to applaud. Thought we played well today against a good team. Fulham’s 1st touch was sublime through the whole team, but also thought LJ got tactics right today. Great day out at the football. Enjoyed it!!!

Well done LJ.

Edited by GasDestroyer
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

NM made a couple of super saves. MOM IMO. However Weimann was as good as anything out there. Wells and Weimann look like they could form a good partnership

We played football more and was a very good performance At Home!!

We did not resort to hoof ball but hit some great long accurate balls into the wings...When FD came on we mixed it up a little going for a win, however that was a performance to build on!

ANYONE HAVE AN UPDATE ON BENIK? Throw him in the forward mix with eight to go and we could still have a chance.

The Wells Weimann partnership thing is interesting. We miss the hold up play, physicality and defending Fam does, but when we play without him it almost forces us to play through midfield much more, and we look a more attractive and possibly better team.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Watched from SS. 
pretty much agree. 
Korey MOM for me- was very good again as per last week- new contract needed. 
 

Benkovic worries me tho. 

Make me a third of those.

What worries me with him is that there appears to be a desire to offload the ball as soon as possible, with no real appreciation of whether the man he’s passing to is in a position to receive the ball. Often today, his passes to Kalas/Massengo/Smith made our positioning worse and put us under more pressure. Also seen that in prior games and leaves us exposed to an aggressive press.

Terms of ratings, broadly agree from the Dolman. I’d bump up Pereira to an 8 (thought that was his best game for us) and have Smith at that level too. Between those two and Kalas for MoTM for me, but just good to see us look to be competing with and matching a very good side 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

 

Benkovic worries me tho. 

agree - plus IMO he has little or no ability to play / distribute the ball

several times he received the ball, and hesitated before playing back to put someone under pressure.

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Make me a third of those.

What worries me with him is that there appears to be a desire to offload the ball as soon as possible, with no real appreciation of whether the man he’s passing to is in a position to receive the ball. Often today, his passes to Kalas/Massengo/Smith made our positioning worse and put us under more pressure. Also seen that in prior games and leaves us exposed to an aggressive press.

Terms of ratings, broadly agree from the Dolman. I’d bump up Pereira to an 8 (thought that was his best game for us) and have Smith at that level too. Between those two and Kalas for MoTM for me, but just good to see us look to be competing with and matching a very good side 

ha! just posted exactly the same thing !

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Surprised Massengo is being rated so highly.  I thought he was the weakest link today.

Me too! He did a lot more right than he has during the last few games he has played, but didn't fill me with too much confidence at times and obviously tired. He probably would have been my first tactital sub.

I thought Wells and Weimann played quite well together also

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Antman said:

agree - plus IMO he has little or no ability to play / distribute the ball

several times he received the ball, and hesitated before playing back to put someone under pressure.

ha! just posted exactly the same thing !

Think a large part of the problem with Benkovic is that he is playing on the left and has absolutely no left foot. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Surprised Massengo is being rated so highly.  I thought he was the weakest link today.

My thoughts as well.  Yes, youngster who will one be hell of a player, but looked light weight to me, often disposed but chases back and is that ‘busy bee’ .   Very mobile 

At 18 not many playing championship football, and experience invaluable.  Interesting to see what pans out midfield  wise end of season re Walsh, Morrell and where HM will fit in with all this. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

The Wells Weimann partnership thing is interesting. We miss the hold up play, physicality and defending Fam does, but when we play without him it almost forces us to play through midfield much more, and we look a more attractive and possibly better team.

I agree. It puts me in mind of GJ pre Adabola and post Adebola. The lump it option becomes irresistible!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BCFCinNW6 said:

Thought HNM lost the ball in a few crucial areas of the pitch in the second half which cost us possession . 

We seem to forgive HNM so much more than Kasey.

The only problem is these scores would lead you to believe we won.

It was so much better than recent performances, but Fulham were much more decisive with their possession and if it wasn't for Nikki the score could have been embarrassing.

I can't remember their keeper making any decisive saves.

While it was great to see Kory playing so well our midfield didn't create that much. Compare anyone with Cairney and I suggest they are very generous scores. If Smith is an 8 he would be a 12.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

I am quick to criticise but also quick to applaud. Thought we played well today against a good team. Fulham’s 1st touch was sublime through the whole team, but also thought LJ got tactics right today. Great day out at the football. Enjoyed it!!!

Well done LJ.

Agreed.

Enjoyable game, best Saturday home performance since maybe Huddersfield, perhaps best home performance verbatim since then given strength of opposition?

Thought we set up well, competed well yet with good stuff when we got the chance, felt fairly positive.

Credit to LJ and the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking on from the Atyeo have to agree with the dissenting views of Massengo's performance. Far too lightweight and bullied (fairly) off the ball on too many occasions. We badly need a "Bradley Johnson" in midfield.

Thought Diehiou was up for it off around ten minutes- perhaps he had a point to prove? Looked very much the kind of elbows out, stroppy and awkward to play against striker we have long needed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...