IGNORED

Club Shop Sale

man in the middle

1 hour ago, man in the middle said:

I see that the club has £10 off all playing shirts but that’s it, Many other clubs have around 30% off all items. With City changing to Hummel next season and probably the season is over as far as fans attending games, do most people think that we need to do the same thing ASAP?

36 minutes ago, Robin Wood said:

What a great offer no football and new kit due out whenever what a joke

So we’ve got 25% off rather than some clubs who have 30% and it’s a complete joke..?! 
Sorry, I’m failing to appreciate the outrage. 

EDIT: oh and just having a look at other clubs sales, it seems the many of them charge more than we do for them in the first place anyway. Lots more, if you take into account the STH credit that we get as well. 

• Admin
8 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

The shop had been a total disaster from day one of when the season started 

From day 1 when it opened after the stadium renovations!

The shop, the selection of items, the stock levels of items has been a shambles for years.

It's amazing how far we've progressed in some areas but appalling how we've got worse in other 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

The shop, the selection of items, the stock levels of items has been a shambles for years.

It's amazing how far we've progressed in some areas but appalling how we've got worse in other 

The plan all along was for a much bigger shop to be included as part of the arena build next door to the stadium,  they arnt that stupid as to build a tiny shop like that, it will all work itself out

3 hours ago, phantom said:

The shop is way too small and doesn’t have the room to display more stock variety. 
Now....if the cafe wasn’t there..................:dunno:

• Admin
3 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The plan all along was for a much bigger shop to be included as part of the arena build next door to the stadium,  they arnt that stupid as to build a tiny shop like that, it will all work itself out

I appreciate now isn't the time for petty arguments but I disagree. 

The space we have now is the most we've had of the three club shops I've known us have. 

The club were never guaranteed planning permission for anything bigger but interested that you mentioned something going into the new arena build as I never saw any mention of a club shop in any of the walk through videos or plans shared.

But it's not just the size that's the problem they have constantly been running out of stock for months, whoever was in charge of stock control should have been sacked a long time ago. 

Don't get me started on what a poor selection of actual items we have for sale. 

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

The space we have now is the most we've had of the three club shops I've known us have. 

The club were never guaranteed planning permission for anything bigger but interested that you mentioned something going into the new arena build as I never saw any mention of a club shop in any of the walk through videos or plans shared.

But it's not just the size that's the problem they have constantly been running out of stock for months, whoever was in charge of stock control should have been sacked a long time ago. 

Is it?

I’d have thought that the previous shop was bigger than the current one.

You’re 100% right about the stock tho. It must be  Bristol Sports responsibility to ensure decent stock levels and however is in charge of stock levels should be sacked. 

The impression I get when I go in there is no one has has a clue . You ask why items are not available and every one just say sorry and we don’t know . The tall chap who I think is in charge is just a glorified shelf filler and when ever you challenge him on why things are available it’s always IT SHOULD BE IN SOON which is of no use to no one . Unless you are under 16 the shop is totally useless with piss poor range and quality, what could you wear out on a Saturday night to your local pub etc ? No decent polo shirts ,sweat shirts, long sleeve shirts? Nothing what so ever. The club get so many things correct but not the shop ....

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

The shop is way too small and doesn’t have the room to display more stock variety. 
Now....if the cafe wasn’t there..................:dunno:

The cafe brings money in every single day. Extending the shop wouldn’t. 

Use some common sense. 

24 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

The cafe brings money in every single day. Extending the shop wouldn’t

Use some common sense. 

You know that for sure do you?  Every time I’ve been in there were very few customers. However.......if you use some common sense it wouldn’t be so difficult to relocate the cafe thereby expanding the floor space of the shop. More space = more stock. 

I’m pretty sure a location for the cafe could be found somewhere in the SS,

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You know that for sure do you?  Every time I’ve been in there were very few customers. However.......if you use some common sense it wouldn’t be so difficult to relocate the cafe thereby expanding the floor space of the shop. More space = more stock. 

I’m pretty sure a location for the cafe could be found somewhere in the SS,

Yes robbored. If the coffee shop wasn’t bringing in cash then it would be closed like the sports bar. 

Where in the south Stand has external access to allow for a coffee shop? 

40 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Yes robbored. If the coffee shop wasn’t bringing in cash then it would be closed like the sports bar. 

Where in the south Stand has external access to allow for a coffee shop? 

I`ve never been up to AG other than on a matchday but I guess it does pretty good business from all the events the stadium has on during the week, conferences and such?

18 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`ve never been up to AG other than on a matchday but I guess it does pretty good business from all the events the stadium has on during the week, conferences and such?

It does well with just normal people visiting it and also workers around the local area etc. I’m not guessing it’s bringing in an insane amount, but imagine it mainly a test run for a larger one when the rest of the works are completed. 

4 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

It does well with just normal people visiting it and also workers around the local area etc. I’m not guessing it’s bringing in an insane amount, but imagine it mainly a test run for a larger one when the rest of the works are completed. 

I did wonder. I don`t think there`s a Costa or Starbucks anywhere closer than the centre so it fills a neat little niche I suppose.

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I did wonder. I don`t think there`s a Costa or Starbucks anywhere closer than the centre so it fills a neat little niche I suppose.

I think they hoped the sports bar would be more popular than it was during the day. I’m pretty sure even the pizza people have stopped during the day and they were offering very cheap pizzas. 

22 hours ago, phantom said:

I appreciate now isn't the time for petty arguments but I disagree. 

The space we have now is the most we've had of the three club shops I've known us have. 

It’s not an argument to just disagree, don’t worry about it.  I’m pretty sure in the arena plans was some kind of ‘superstore’, if there wasn’t then fair enough.

Archived