IGNORED

Robins TV Queries (Merged)

Devereux

45 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I guess the danger is paying up front and VPN Airways stop flying?

Always a danger I'll give you that. My advice to anybody thinking of a subscription is to take a test flight with VPN Airways on Saturday for the Cov game. 

I know a friend who's VPN Airways flights were unable to fly to India for the purposes of watching rugby so there is always a risk. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So before I do it, can someone confirm that if I subscribe to a VPN (Nord??) I'll be able to buy an overseas pass for streaming? It's literally the only thing I'll use a VPN for so don't want to waste money if it won't work!

See my previous post above. Try a VPN on a month trial, and try to get the Cov game on saturday using the VPN - if it works OK it should mean the annual pass is a go-er. That's the only way I can think of that could "test" it. 

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

See my previous post above. Try a VPN on a month trial, and try to get the Cov game on saturday using the VPN - if it works OK it should mean the annual pass is a go-er. That's the only way I can think of that could "test" it. 

Thanks will give that a go, I was trying to cheap out and avoid paying £10 for a single fixture!

2 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Ain't it easier to just get IPTV? Mines 35 quid for the year and has every city game 

Probably, but that's a whole world I know vast amounts of F all about

I use Windscribe VPN which does have (I believe) a free package that will probably suit what you need.  I pay £2 per month for mine though as I use more data.

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

Out of interest if one was to sign up for the season pass using a VPN, do you have to give address details? If so what do you put? Don't they do any verification with the address of the card you're using to pay?

You can use your home address as it could just be that you're going away on work for 6 months for example.  

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Out of interest if one was to sign up for the season pass using a VPN, do you have to give address details? If so what do you put? Don't they do any verification with the address of the card you're using to pay?

A friend of mine had a subscription previously and used a UK address / Credit Card and it was fine. 

The stream is geo-blocked so cannot be accessed by UK IP addresses hence using a VPN to circumvent that issue. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

And final question, anyone that's done this, I presume there is something in place that means you can't watch on more than one device at once, i.e. can't split the cost with a mate and both use the account simultaneously 

I can neither confirm nor DENY that there is such a block in place.  I haven't done this myself however as that would be bad and wrong.......

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

And final question, anyone that's done this, I presume there is something in place that means you can't watch on more than one device at once, i.e. can't split the cost with a mate and both use the account simultaneously 

In previous seasons it has been possible to have simultaneous logons, yes. 

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

AVG  Vpn. Com go to this page it will answer all your questions. 30 day money back trial.

26 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I use Windscribe VPN which does have (I believe) a free package that will probably suit what you need.  I pay £2 per month for mine though as I use more data.

You can use your home address as it could just be that you're going away on work for 6 months for example.  

I got my Windscribe VPN 10gb for free.  I created two email accounts just in case!!

Re address- yep what you said.

26 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

A friend of mine had a subscription previously and used a UK address / Credit Card and it was fine. 

The stream is geo-blocked so cannot be accessed by UK IP addresses hence using a VPN to circumvent that issue. 

Mine presently uses the credit card I have from overseas: I was unaware that a UK addressed card would pass. When I renew, I'll use a different card, logistically it makes things easier for me. Cheers for that useful snippet of info.

• Admin
1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

so you log in to Robins TV to watch the SKY games but you get a free pass?

Yes

58 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

They can fail. Some won't let you access iPlayer from abroad using a UK IP address, for example. 

If you have a UK IP address your VPN isn't working 

• Admin
39 minutes ago, David Woody said:

Just checking my account under Robins TV and says I have an active subscription “STVOUCHER Expires 19 June 2021”. I assume this won’t work and it’s going to be £10 to watch the game on Saturday?

Mine is the same

image.png

I've raised it here:

Hang on.

So in July I, as an annual subscriber, received a 3 month grace period for my £110 renewal of RobinsTV for the 2020/21 season. 

That was because of Covid. I did not request that grace period.

Now, during the grace period that was brought in because supposedly Covid made it hard for people to renew, they have increased the price by 27%. How exactly does that tally?

I appreciate the price is set by the EFL (although I had never heard of the original £110 being set by the EFL) but where is the logic or rational or explanation for the rise.

• Admin
Just now, ExiledAjax said:

I appreciate the price is set by the EFL (although I had never heard of the original £110 being set by the EFL) but where is the logic or rational or explanation for the rise.

I would assume that it is as simple as it being a new contract with the EFL, where as the end of last season was with Bristol City

Just now, phantom said:

I would assume that it is as simple as it being a new contract with the EFL, where as the end of last season was with Bristol City

Right. So I'd love to know which clause in the terms and conditions of RobinsTV they are relying on.  They've made the change without notice and there only a handful of circumstances in which their contract with me allows them to do that.

Had I been given no grace period then I'd have renewed for £110 in July - In effect the Covid grace period has cost people money rather than saved it.

• Admin
34 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Right. So I'd love to know which clause in the terms and conditions of RobinsTV they are relying on.  They've made the change without notice and there only a handful of circumstances in which their contract with me allows them to do that.

Had I been given no grace period then I'd have renewed for £110 in July - In effect the Covid grace period has cost people money rather than saved it.

Realistically nobody has a clue what is up ahead with the Corona virus etc

Are you saying you purchased a RobinsTV contract already?

Did your previous contract expire? I'm not sure what you mean by a "grace period"?

If you didn't there is no change to T&Cs, it's just like a season ticket price changing due to date purchased

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Realistically nobody has a clue what is up ahead with the Corona virus etc

Are you saying you purchased a RobinsTV contract already?

Did your previous contract expire? I'm not sure what you mean by a "grace period"?

If you didn't there is no change to T&Cs, it's just like a season ticket price changing due to date purchased

When you subscribe for the season, you in fact subscribe for a 12 month period. That could be any 12 months.

In March last year I was some months into that contract, expecting to renew in July for £110. Then, when all the covid insanity started, the club pushed the renewal date back by three months, in my case to 23 November. The price quoted remained at £110. That is the 'grace period' I refer to.

The contract was, in effect, extended by 3 months.

Now, without warning, discussion, or notice, the club have announced a 27% increase on this season's subscription. It is different to an ST renewal because they already tell you the price of renewal when you first take out the contract. Also, can you imagine the furore on here if STs went up by 27%?

Loo, there's probably a few hundred people affected by this at most. We are a tiny proportion of the overall fanbase, and it's £30 we're talking about. In the grand scheme of things it means bugger all and STholders happy with their refunds won;t give two hoots. That's fine. I'll pay.

It's just, in my opinion, a further example of shit messaging, comms, and fan care by the club (and EFL).

Archived