Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Pre Cardiff Presser


Recommended Posts

Why no gaffer or either Macca or Holden? Or Ashton  

Sticking a bloke up who’s hardly played for us over the last two years is bullschiesse (sp?) of the highest order, surely? 

Has this happened before? Hiding from the scrutiny of the media is usually Marvin Rees’ forté but this stinks. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Why no gaffer or either Macca or Holden? Or Ashton  

Sticking a bloke up who’s hardly played for us over the last two years is bullschiesse (sp?) of the highest order, surely? 

Has this happened before? Hiding from the scrutiny of the media is usually Marvin Rees’ forté but this stinks. 

Hiding in a fridge like Boris?

Yeah it's really weird. Surely you put a brave face on it. No face at all is odd.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Why no gaffer or either Macca or Holden? Or Ashton  

Sticking a bloke up who’s hardly played for us over the last two years is bullschiesse (sp?) of the highest order, surely? 

Has this happened before? Hiding from the scrutiny of the media is usually Marvin Rees’ forté but this stinks. 

OTIB down, nobody to help them with their tactics!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Coaching staff too busy searching for our lost identity to be bothered to share anything with the fans.

It were probably stolen by Leeds 2 seasons ago when it fell out of Lee’s pocket!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dave36 said:

Coaching staff too busy searching for our lost identity to be bothered to share anything with the fans.

It were probably stolen by Leeds 2 seasons ago when it fell out of Lee’s pocket!

 

I don’t get all this identity bollocks, we quite obviously do not have one! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mozo said:

Hiding in a fridge like Boris?

Yeah it's really weird. Surely you put a brave face on it. No face at all is odd.

I know you lefties take any opportunity to have a cheap dig at Boris or the Conservatives but let's keep politics away from OTIB...it's a football forum.

Edited by Top Robin
  • Like 11
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I don’t get all this identity bollocks, we quite obviously do not have one! 

Reg, we HAVE an identity ..................we go on losing runs

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Reg, we HAVE an identity ..................we go on losing runs

Much as as I've broken up with Lee now I find it hard still to wish us to lose.....

I'm feeling so sad though that I don't even want streaky back anymore.....let's end this and move on.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Meanwhile Vyner is wheeled out to remind Uncle Steve how Lee is building a side packed with academy players. 

No disrespect, but what a silly thing to stay.  Quite natural for Zak to be the featured player this week, after his performance during the week.  Why can’t you just see that as a positive for Zak, rather than having to make yet another snide comment about the manager?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

 Quite natural for Zak to be the featured player this week, after his performance during the week.  Why can’t you just see that as a positive for Zak, rather than having to make yet another snide comment about the manager?

Absolutely right.

Good move from LJ to put Zak up as the pre match player who came across really well.

Good for Zak in terms of becoming an important part of the first team squad having been out on various loans. Certainly help him to feel more ‘at home’.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

No disrespect, but what a silly thing to stay.  Quite natural for Zak to be the featured player this week, after his performance during the week.  Why can’t you just see that as a positive for Zak, rather than having to make yet another snide comment about the manager?

Nothing against Zak at all. He seems a good lad and I hope he ends up having a great career with us. It is more that LJ has talked up the academy for a long time but we rarely see any sign of them playing lately. 

We've heard SL come out before and say how he would love to see a team built on local talent. I may be too cynical here but it wouldn't surprise me if this was partly done to make a point. I don't see that reflects on Zak who is just doing his job. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely right.

Good move from LJ to put Zak up as the pre match player who came across really well.

Good for Zak in terms of becoming an important part of the first team squad having been out on various loans. Certainly help him to feel more ‘at home’.

I think it is brilliant that Zak was the player put up to do the pre match presser, however, the question still lies, where were any of the management team alongside him?

As a young player, who is still learning his trade, you would have thought they would have had someone next to him to answer any of the more technical questions.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely right.

Good move from LJ to put Zak up as the pre match player who came across really well.

Good for Zak in terms of becoming an important part of the first team squad having been out on various loans. Certainly help him to feel more ‘at home’.

I don't disagree per se with Vyner being involved in the media work but surely to goodness this should be alongside the gaffer!?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Yep...can't stand cheap political digs 

You really didn't need to take the effort to reply though over such a tongue in cheek remark, you are obviously a very sensitive soul and very protective of our PM

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, asfred said:

I think it is brilliant that Zak was the player put up to do the pre match presser, however, the question still lies, where were any of the management team alongside him?

As a young player, who is still learning his trade, you would have thought they would have had someone next to him to answer any of the more technical questions.

They obviously they would advised him on what to expect and trusted him to handle the press conference - which he did really well.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I don't disagree per se with Vyner being involved in the media work but surely to goodness this should be alongside the gaffer!?

When the going gets tough, Johnson or one of the coaching staff should front up and answer the difficult questions. As you say, nothing wrong with Vyner getting some exposure and it’s great for him, but I want to hear LJ etc talking about, for example, what we’re doing to reverse this dreadful run. They are conspicuous by their absence.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

When the going gets tough, Johnson or one of the coaching staff should front up and answer the difficult questions. As you say, nothing wrong with Vyner getting some exposure and it’s great for him, but I want to hear LJ etc talking about, for example, what we’re doing to reverse this dreadful run. They are conspicuous by their absence.

the tough get going.............as far away from the media as possible 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

None of the coaches in attendance for this key game is not good form IMHO. I thought they had a contractual obligation to do one but maybe that's just the Prem.

OTIB should be represented by Piers Morgan who would ask the questions we would all like answers to!!!

if Johnson had shown up this one would have been interesting: "So Lee, whilst your play-off chances are hanging by a thread you must be wondering what your end of season review with the Chairman is going to be like. It's highly like you could fall short of a points & place improvement against his pre-season statement the play-offs was a minimum performance expectation".

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

You really didn't need to take the effort to reply though over such a tongue in cheek remark, you are obviously a very sensitive soul and very protective of our PM

You must be pretty sensitive yourself to try and trigger Top Robin in the first place. He rightly said this is a football forum.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, it was the most obvious example of a coward shirking the the press I could think of. But it is annoying when these threads go off on a political tangent.

I tell you though approval ratings not good for Johnson at the moment. I meant Lee Johnson!!!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...