IGNORED

Post match interview: I can’t wait.

Fordy62

Sky interview was abysmal. The lack of responsibility should be a red flag to the people who employ him. It's basic leadership. Accountability and control.

He was talking about STILL believing amazing work was done during COVID and in the recent pre-season (i.e. him - very conceited) and not knowing why it's gone the way it has since. He also talked about player turnover, which he now describes as "for whatever reason" (he knows the reason and he's been well funded in lieu of it).

The message in all of it is not my fault. I understand he's at the end of the line but some humility and personal responsibility would have gone a long way before now.

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Kept saying “for whatever reason”, talked about turnover of players. Refused to slate the Lansdowns for selling ‘best’ players. 

Talked about playing young players??!!??!!

“For whatever reason” is an unacceptable answer. It’s literally his job to understand the reasons.

6 minutes ago, Jefferz said:

Lansdownes only interested in turnover

Maybe fans should or will stay away next season and don’t buy individual tickets. £40 is a lot of money when a lot will be sitting on their cash since COVID. First time this season I didn’t buy a season ticket and I’ve only been twice this season as the dross served up is not worth paying to watch. (2 games were 1 free and the other £10).  

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

They don't know the pain, the raw pain. In other words 

More a case that they won’t appreciate the nuances behind the situation - only the stats.

So they’ll know we haven’t been winning, but they won’t appreciate the deficiencies in our manager the way we do.

1 minute ago, Make a Sub said:

Maybe fans should or will stay away next season and don’t buy individual tickets. £40 is a lot of money when a lot will be sitting on their cash since COVID. First time this season I didn’t buy a season ticket and I’ve only been twice this season as the dross served up is not worth paying to watch. (2 games were 1 free and the other £10).  

Totally agree

4 minutes ago, Olé said:

Sky interview was abysmal. The lack of responsibility should be a red flag to the people who employ him. It's basic leadership. Accountability and control.

He was talking about STILL believing amazing work was done during COVID and in the recent pre-season (i.e. him - very conceited) and not knowing why it's gone the way it has since. He also talked about player turnover, which he now describes as "for whatever reason" (he knows the reason and he's been well funded in lieu of it).

The message in all of it is not my fault. I understand he's at the end of the line but some humility and personal responsibility would have gone a long way before now.

But it’s always been thus Rob. Never takes accountability for anything - it’s one of his biggest failings.  Consistently said that I would have so much more respect for him if he held his hands up every now and again especially as he is so quick to lap up the praise when it comes.  Taking responsibility is a trait of a good manager in any walk of life and it’s another major facet that he just does not have. 

2 minutes ago, lenred said:

But it’s always been thus Rob. Never takes accountability for anything - it’s one of his biggest failings.  Consistently said that I would have so much more respect for him if he held his hands up every now and again especially as he is so quick to lap up the praise when it comes.  Taking responsibility is a trait of a good manager in any walk of life and it’s another major facet that he just does not have. 

He doesnt need to take responsibility with SL at the helm.....he will get a pat on the head and told to give it another go.

Just now, Slack Bladder said:

Is the Radio Bristol interviewer not allowed to ask any decent questions?

It was inept wasn't it? Where was 'the fans want you out, what do you say?'

Nice bloke yes, City at heart, yes. Totally out of ideas, yes.

Johnson out!

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Sky pundits saying it went stale at Millwall for Harris and it suited both sides to part company. 

Sadly I think we have now gone beyond stale and into mouldy. 

Harris has done a great job at Millwall. 

9 minutes ago, Juan Domingo Roldan said:

LJ speaks: " For whatever reason BCFC have had a high turnover of players. We have an identity & a style so we must keep believing in our philosophy & finish the season on a high. "

Identity = slow, predictable, non creative, long ball football bringing the worst out of our players. 

Please leave LJ

Got to be honest, after the latest run of results, and that shitshow today, if I was a manager/coach who was out of work, and/or at a lower level and had decent prospects, I would be contacting our board to put my name forward.

Contact of some type, letter/email/phone call, outlining what I would do with the current squad, who I would move out and bring in, and just say that should anything come up in the near future, then I'd love a chance to have a more formal chat.

He's walking a tightrope, and even though he is well supported here, he surely is running out of time and chances.

17 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Really wish the Radio Bristol interviewers would go for the jugular. All too respectful and nice.

Push for answers. Represent the fans views.

We tried that on BBC Wilts live phone in over recent year so and they sensor the questions especially when the manager is in the studio 

16 minutes ago, Olé said:

As ever ole you sum it up perfectly ?

50 minutes ago, TETBURY MASSIVE said:

Johnson Bingo

Played good stuff.... 

Lots of positives....

One moment of loss of concentration... 

Equally matched them...

First goal always crucial in a Derby....

He said none of those. I thought you and Fordy between you would have done better. No sweets for you tonight.....

20 minutes ago, Olé said:

Worrying parallels between Lee and his uncle Boris...

Archived