Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll  

1,413 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 hours ago, nellie said:

what utter rubbish im afraid there is always a cheap option ! im much cheaper that Klopp 

There are less expensive options...but cheap? I agree that there's no such thing in football.

15 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Brighton 3-0 Forest, Brighton 3-0 Rotherham, Brighton 5-0 Norwich, Brighton 3-0 QPR, Brighton 4-0 Burton, Brighton 4-0 Reading, Brighton 3-0 Derby.

All results from their promotion season, with there also being plenty more games where they scored 3+. If that’s defensive horrible football then by all means I’ll take it...

Regardless I’ve personally always been willing to sacrifice good football for results, it’s rare that a club like us gets out of this division playing expansive, open attacking football.

So a Manager who encourages his teams to SHOOT looking at that. Nothing like Johnson. How many times over the last year have we played games and had less than four shots on target in 90 minutes? You only have to look at our stats since we’ve come out of lockdown. In fact didn’t we go a couple of games earlier this season without a single shot on target?

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Riaz said:

Why do people go on about cheap option 🤦🏽‍♂️

There is literally no such thing 

There is in terms of wages, but the fact is that a world class rugby player depending upon position would cost less than Kalas per annum and the same for coaches. The clubs will be pegging back the salary cap too so a bit of dosh to improve the coaching staff at the rugby club.

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I voted for Cannavaro, apparently he’s done well in China. :icecream:

It clearly isn’t the sensible choice. He would cost a fortune and has never worked in England but just imagine the Fabio Cannavaro at City! I’m not sure I would even care if he was rubbish! 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Keep the Faith said:

It clearly isn’t the sensible choice. He would cost a fortune and has never worked in England but just imagine the Fabio Cannavaro at City! I’m not sure I would even care if he was rubbish! 

I wouldn't care either…I think we need a poster boy :wub:

Wow! Get him in, Steve. :hug:

11 hours ago, Superjack said:

Whoever it is, please let them decide on a system to play, pick or sign the players to implement that system, and let the opposition worry about us. 

This is all.

Simple game init?

I’m warming more now to Mick McCarthy as SLs compromise target. Need a steady, experienced hand who has proven that he will work under (severe) constraints without throwing his toys out the pram. 

Think Houghton will demand more than SL will be prepared to offer -transfer fund, his ‘own way -’ and Robins, while SL probably see’s him as easiest to work with, ain’t got the Championship promotion experience. 

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Simple game init?

I’m warming more now to Mick McCarthy as SLs compromise target. Need a steady, experienced hand who has proven that he will work under (severe) constraints without throwing his toys out the pram. 

Think Houghton will demand more than SL will be prepared to offer -transfer fund, his ‘own way -’ and Robins, while SL probably see’s him as easiest to work with, ain’t got the Championship promotion experience. 

The way I'm thinking, would love Warnock but if not Mick is our man

27 minutes ago, Banjo Island said:

Plus iam sure he got a parking ticket on the totenham court in 2019 road if true i dont want the scumbag anywhere near our  club its a no for me

My feelings exactly......................Plus I'd forgotten about the parking ticket..

• Haha 1

25/1 on sky bet if anyone fancies..... only needs to be in charge for 9 more games for payout if we take a long time to appoint someone into next season....

1 minute ago, archie andrews said:

I can and I'll tell you why...... Win all the remaining games gradually improving the quality and you never know

Sorry, it just won't happen

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Strange things happen at sea tone and it's city we're talking.... 

Understand your point but just can't see it