Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll

Who do you want as next City manager - Poll  

1,413 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, TBW said:

Alan Curbishley still has a place in Clifton he's renting out right?

Surprised he’s not been spotted in the school yard, in the scrap yard, in the chip shop, in the phone box, in the pool hall at the shoe stall every corner turned around.

24 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

Are you his agent touting for a role? 😂 Not a name that instantly springs to mind.

Shhhh...

John Wark.

22 minutes ago, MurrayLives said:

Bookies haven’t got a clue in markets like this especially when it’s not premier league. It’s all based on where the money is going.

This. 

If someone put 10K on Colstons Statue hed be favourite for the job.

56 minutes ago, Red Billy said:

Whilst you continue to support the city nothing will relieve the tension in your neck. Although if Walter White takes over he’s got something for that. 😂

I only watched the first two series, what happened to walt in the end,did he get a cure?

1 hour ago, Red Billy said:

Every man and his dog has been linked to date! And some of the names? Seriously people look in the mirror and give your head a proper wobble! Be honest and name a manger who you would have had in the past that in hindsight you’re glad we didn’t actually get? 

assume you heard Mark Ashtons interview? 

Michael Caine. Although his team put up a good performance in Escape to Victory, at the end of the match the entire team ran away, never to be seen again. You can’t run a football team like that. The player turnover during a full season would be horrendous 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

Michael Caine. Although his team put up a good performance in Escape to Victory, at the end of the match the entire team ran away, never to be seen again. You can’t run a football team like that. The player turnover during a full season would be horrendous 

I know such promise but you need discipline in a team and it was ridiculous! Although we’ve had few keepers in the last we ought to have broke their arm before the big match! 😂

12 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

But he would have done a great job Educating Lita

• Like 1

FFS- it's about the betting odds and nothing more- he could win every game remaining and still has no chance.

None whatsoever because despite opinions to the contrary- SL and his employee, Mark Ashton have somewhat different plans which involve a slightly better solution.

You wouldn't set up an amazing ski jump and get Eddie the Eagle as your main man just cos he didn't fall over.

Does anyone else have a feeling we're going to pass up the opportunity of getting a manager with proven experience of getting to the Prem and appoint another relative novice? :(

I wouldn't mind if we had an experienced DoF to guide them but I can't see that happening. 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Does anyone else have a feeling we're going to pass up the opportunity of getting a manager with proven experience of getting to the Prem and appoint another relative novice? :(

I wouldn't mind if we had an experienced DoF to guide them but I can't see that happening. 

no

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Yes. I’m worried that a proven manager with a promotion to the prem on his cv won’t be happy with the power Ashton has at the gate. I’m worried that they’ll go for a less proven manager who is just grateful  for the opportunity and is therefore more of a yes man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, milo1111 said:

Yes. I’m worried that a proven manager with a promotion to the prem on his cv won’t be happy with the power Ashton has at the gate. I’m worried that they’ll go for a less proven manager who is just grateful  for the opportunity and is therefore more of a yes man.

That's my concern too milo. 

• Like 1

I may be paraphrasing but the statement said, "Dean Holden will take temporary charge while the club begin the process of searching for a new manager". 

This should indicate that he is not in the running, but if he goes on a winning run you have to think that anything is possible.

The board will know that the supporters will not be happy with Holden, but let's face it, it didn't stop them appointing Johnson.

• Like 2
Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Two negative gits and counting

Just a concern MRR. I don't think we've ever been in such a position as we are at the mo and I just hope we don't blow it because of the 'model'. Will MA's ego allow someone undoubtedly successful into the building?

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

FFS- it's about the betting odds and nothing more- he could win every game remaining and still has no chance.

None whatsoever because despite opinions to the contrary- SL and his employee, Mark Ashton have somewhat different plans which involve a slightly better solution.

You wouldn't set up an amazing ski jump and get Eddie the Eagle as your main man just cos he didn't fall over.

I absolutely loved that moment he jumped and the commentator thought he had gone into the lead  only to be short by about 30 meters. 

6 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Two negative gits and counting

Seen it too many times. That’s the trouble. 

You can say in the past we weren’t an attractive proposition but that’s not the case now which is why I will be utterly deflated if we don’t appoint a been there, done it and got the tshirt manager. 

• Like 2
Just now, Ska Junkie said:

Just a concern MRR. I don't think we've ever been in such a position as we are at the mo and I just hope we don't blow it because of the 'model'. Will MA's ego allow someone undoubtedly successful into the building?

I think you'll find that MA's ego is  irrelevant in appointing a new Manager- why do so many people feel that self made Billionaire SL is such a puppet of Lee Johnson ( oops- hang on) and now Mark Ashton's bitch?

Get real- SL is not going to carry passengers, and is not a fickin football tourist and will appoint whoever he thinks will give us a real chance of the Prem. He's not spent a few million on Bristol Sport he's spent over a £100 million and is not in the mood to save a few hundred thousand appointing a relative novice this time around unless there's a very good reason. The 'cheap option' is a negative fantasy of the non fan.

3 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

If Holden is odds on well. Dose anyone take any notice? 

Pullis was favourite Ryan Lowe was favourite,followed by the Newport chap.

I'm slapping 20 sheets on Prince Charles just to get him on the board.

If he takes it on he'll need to pass the Duchy on to someone else to look after.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I think you'll find that MA's ego is  irrelevant in appointing a new Manager- why do so many people feel that self made Billionaire SL is such a puppet of Lee Johnson ( oops- hang on) and now Mark Ashton's bitch?

Get real- SL is not going to carry passengers, and is not a fickin football tourist and will appoint whoever he thinks will give us a real chance of the Prem. He's not spent a few million on Bristol Sport he's spent over a £100 million and is not in the mood to save a few hundred thousand appointing a relative novice this time around unless there's a very good reason. The 'cheap option' is a negative fantasy of the non fan.

A little patronising MRR but I'll ignore that.

My understanding is that SL has the final yay / nay but MA makes a recommendation after the interview process. If that's correct, who's to say his recommendation won't be more of the same? It would appear MA has surrounded himself with his cohorts from Oxford thus far and I fear another LJ appointment / recommendation from MA. I'm not saying that would happen, just a concern.

I hope you're correct though. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
Just now, Ska Junkie said:

A little patronising MRR but I'll ignore that.

My understanding is that SL has the final yay / nay but MA makes a recommendation after the interview process. If that's correct, who's to say his recommendation won't be more of the same? It would appear MA has surrounded himself with his cohorts from Oxford thus far and I fear another LJ appointment / recommendation from MA. I'm not saying that would happen, just a concern.

I hope you're correct though. 

No need to hope!

Out of interest- could you specifically let me know which Oxford cohorts are surrounding Mark Ashton and what position of influence do they have?

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

No need to hope!

Out of interest- could you specifically let me know which Oxford cohorts are surrounding Mark Ashton and what position of influence do they have?

Have a look on the Mark Ashton thread MRR, that's where I read it. Things like this don't fill me ith confidence either...Bristol Live understands that's City's preference is for a coach, more than a old-style manager, who can work directly in player development, and not demand total control over other aspects of the club.

If you're after a row, I'm out as that isn't my style at all but you knock yourself out. I repeat, it's a 'concern', not fact, just a 'concern' and I'm sure I'm not the only one. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1