IGNORED

Chris Hughton

Mattredrobin

1 minute ago, Southport Red said:

Where have I acted like a ‘spoilt brat?’  The club’s management of this process has not been great. There are a good many things they could do/have done better and, as a supporter with 56 years under my belt am entitled to give this as my opinion on a public City forum. Why does EVERYTHING on here have to get IMMEDIATELY nasty and personal?

Was it personal..? Where did I mention you...? 

We don't know if the clubs management has been good, bad, or indifferent, because we don't know what they know yet..! 

You may get EXACTLY the appointment that you want, partly because they've been able to keep negotiations under wraps..! 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why, when they'd never even suggested that it was on the cards and the child had just seen loads of adverts on the telly and ignored when it's parents had told them that due to the current financial climate, it was unlikely that they'd be able to afford something like that...?! 

Especially whilst the child had been demanding all his child benefit payments had been given back to him, whilst his parents really need it to help fund Christmas...! 

Smacks of bad parenting mate.  Listen to what your kids are saying and communicate with them and tell them they can’t always have what they want in life.  

Using the parent and kid analogy, the parents could use Uncle Gregor to pass on the bad news!

7 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

The replies to this... ?

Hmmm.. very interesting. 

Tin foil hat time perhaps but hear me out.. 

Jon Lansdown's tweet "Nice pic but can’t see from there" with the arrow pointing at the pitch..

Thinking about it from an engagement point of view, and considering the way we've announced new signings in the past with a bang.. I think we'll be launching a Bristol City hot air balloon from the pitch (hence "can't see it from there") with Hughton inside to announce him. 

It would make a big impact on social media and tick that box. 

I've read this back a couple of times and I know it sounds a bit silly.. but that's what I think we're doing. The media team know what they're doing with tweets like that, it's sowing the seeds early in the day. 

Sorry for revealing your plan chaps ?

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Was it personal..? Where did I mention you...? 

We don't know if the clubs management has been good, bad, or indifferent, because we don't know what they know yet..! 

You may get EXACTLY the appointment that you want, partly because they've been able to keep negotiations under wraps..! 

Well given as those things were said whilst quoting my post it isnt rocket science. My point is the club Have not covered themselves in glory with their non communications your point is that to say so is to act like a spoilt entitled brat who only hold this opinion because Hughton is a big name. Putting (some) in a line if text doesn’t exactly depersonalize it 

i have an opinion, I am entitled to it, you disagree, good for you. No reason for (some) people to immediately get nasty is there?

3 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Smacks of bad parenting mate.  Listen to what your kids are saying and communicate with them and tell them they can’t always have what they want in life.  

Using the parent and kid analogy, the parents could use Uncle Gregor to pass on the bad news!

The parents did have a chat with the kids weeks ago, making it very clear that belts will need to be tightened. 

The fact that the kids ignored that whilst being fixated on adverts for their dream present, are hardly the parents bad parenting skills. 

Especially when, despite being told by their parents, they choose to believe what their mates down the park tell them instead..! 

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Hmmm.. very interesting. 

Tin foil hat time perhaps but hear me out.. 

Jon Lansdown's tweet "Nice pic but can’t see from there" with the arrow pointing at the pitch..

Thinking about it from an engagement point of view, and considering the way we've announced new signings in the past with a bang.. I think we'll be launching a Bristol City hot air balloon from the pitch (hence "can't see it from there") with Hughton inside to announce him. 

It would make a big impact on social media and tick that box. 

I've read this back a couple of times and I know it sounds a bit silly.. but that's what I think we're doing. The media team know what they're doing with tweets like that, it's sowing the seeds early in the day. 

Sorry for revealing your plan chaps ?

I'll have whatever you had for breakfast please!

As amazing as that would be, I think we'll be lucky if we get a standard "roof announcement"! (Or maybe they view that as old hat now, so will be from top tier of the lansdown or something)

37 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Personally, I think they have been subtly managing our expectations in a downward trajectory for a while.

With the absolute silence from the club and the long delay in making the announcement, I think they’ve now got us to a point where many fans would just be relieved if ANYONE is announced.  

I think a disappointing appointment will get less flack now, than it would have earlier in this process ...... initially anyway.

Who apart from maybe Holden who's seen as a continuation of Johnsons  tenure is a disappointing appointment

5 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

I love the analogy but really not sure about the quality of the parenting advice!

?

27 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

If it isn't Hughton and is the impressive Cook, who worked wonders at Wigan, with what he had (didn't have) having done done a decent job at Pompey..... 

Maybe (some) people should stop acting like spoilt, entitled brats..! 

I don't think the club have any responsibility to "manage expectations" having never said anything to create those expectations. 

If people want to get themselves all excited because of what they read on social media, then it's probably best they get a harsh reality check and give their heads a wobble. 

I think it's unfair to expect the club to mange what they haven't created, because people are to stupid to question reports themselves. 

Having said that, it could be Hughton. In which case, should the club be coming out and managing expectations of the good number of people who are hoping that its Cook..? 

Or are they the more intelligent ones, who don't just want a man appointed because they know his name better...?! 

I would say that any large company with shareholders and thousands of paying customers do have a responsibility to employ the best person for the job in a senior position. 

I actually like Cook and it could be a scenario where the cheapest option may be the best.

7 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Well given as those things were said whilst quoting my post it isnt rocket science. My point is the club Have not covered themselves in glory with their non communications your point is that to say so is to act like a spoilt entitled brat who only hold this opinion because Hughton is a big name. Putting (some) in a line if text doesn’t exactly depersonalize it 

i have an opinion, I am entitled to it, you disagree, good for you. No reason for (some) people to immediately get nasty is there?

6 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Aww, sorry precious. 

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or question your motives, whilst you were criticising and questioning others.... 

1 minute ago, YGBjammy said:

I'll have whatever you had for breakfast please!

As amazing as that would be, I think we'll be lucky if we get a standard "roof announcement"! (Or maybe they view that as old hat now, so will be from top tier of the lansdown or something)

If they want serious engagement that's exactly what they should do. I've put my cards on the table - that's what I am expecting now so they best deliver! ?

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

I would say that any large company with shareholders and thousands of paying customers do have a responsibility to employ the best person for the job in a senior position. 

I actually like Cook and it could be a scenario where the cheapest option may be the best.

A responsibility to employ the best person that they can afford, yes. 

Employing Brad Pitt to model the new kit, could be viewed as extravagant and reckless though...? 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The parents did have a chat with the kids weeks ago, making it very clear that belts will need to be tightened. 

The fact that the kids ignored that whilst being fixated on adverts for their dream present, are hardly the parents bad parenting skills. 

Especially when, despite being told by their parents, they choose to believe what their mates down the park tell them instead..! 

Back to the actual world, you clearly think the.club are handling this situation well, whereas many think they could have done a hell of a lot better.

Let’s agree to disagree matey

Well its sl who comes out and says he wants promotion sooner rather than later!

continuing the analogy, its very rich uncle steve who offers not only new bikes, but a round the world trip,,,, then turns up with the roller skates.

and thats after selling anyone we can possibly make a few quid profit on. Last season we sold webster and kelly for fortunes, then brownhill too. The money is too good to turn down, but its not conducive to building a promotionwinning squad

5 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Back to the actual world, you clearly think the.club are handling this situation well, whereas many think they could have done a hell of a lot better.

Let’s agree to disagree matey

I don't know how they are handling it, because I don't know what stage we are at, or who with. 

I'm happy letting them go about their business, until they have something Concrete to announce, or any updates they see fit to publish. 

It's peoples pathetic need to know, rather than waiting to let them do their job, that appears to be the issue. 

It will be announced when it's done. Why the urgent need to know who's getting a job that they haven't got yet...?! 

10 minutes ago, ORANGE500 said:

Who apart from maybe Holden who's seen as a continuation of Johnsons  tenure is a disappointing appointment

Have a look at the list of runners and riders who’ve been thrown up in the betting.  We all know that doesn’t mean they are really in the running or been interviewed, but with the total silence from the club, anything’ is possible.  

In answer to your question, disappointment would be a massive understatement if it turned out to someone like Flynn, or Appleton.

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

You don’t mean that City till I die page?

I really wouldn’t take notice of that. 

I was on there, because they used to show live streams of away games....but I’ve recently unfollowed.  It really doesn’t do debate!

54 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Absolutely Correct Post here. The talk around most City supporters OTIB or not has been about the new manager with most favouring Hughton. If it isn't him then the club should have made it very very clear that he wasn't in the running. It's like a little kid expecting Father Xmas leaving a brand new shiny red tricycle and waking up Xmas morning to a secondhand set of roller skates !!!

⬇️⬇️⬇️

40 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Exactly, it would just need a little word to Gregor that he isn’t our main man and it’s job done.  

That’s the only thing I’m hanging onto now, as surely the club couldn’t mismanage fans hopes that badly could they?

Firstly, club aren’t leaking anything, but if they did, then it just adds expectation that it’s someone else.

Yes, I want it announced, but I don’t feel entitled to know any sooner than the club feel necessary.

Imagine they drop hints and it falls through.  As per every player signing, City don’t communicate until a deal is done, then they do their staggered reveal, like Kalas and Wells.  Yes, the media may have gotten wind of it ahead of that, but that’s the way it is.

31 minutes ago, davidoldfart said:

What if he did not want to be signed up? Maybe he wanted the label MANAGER rather than head coach .Wanting total control ,something the board could not accept. Only a thought 

I’m not talking about any particular manager , I’m saying the media outlets simply don’t know same as us on here. The only media outlet who i believe has links within the club is Ali Durden 

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Great analogy.

We've got too man spoilt men/women baby fans who have been consistently throwing their toys out the pram for weeks even they they've been told were going to have to tighten the purse strings because of the biggest world economic hit in a lifetime unfolding.

Also they aren't happy because the club haven't kept them aware who specifically they are interviewing during this time and have kept things close to their chest.

If it was down to these fans to operate our club. We'd be asking Wonga for a loan to spend on our 'biggest' manager and signings to go all out during a financial crisis and huge loss of revenue. Piss it up the wall and at the same time let every competitor know who and when we will be signing them and what wall we will be pissing on.

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Aww, sorry precious. 

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or question your motives, whilst you were criticising and questioning others.... 

You are doing it AGAIN. Why does everything have to get nasty?  Seriously?

i have my opinion, you have yours. Why go straight to insults?

you haven’t hurt my feelings, I am not precious, I just cannot understand why you think it is OK to immediately get salty - why?

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If they want serious engagement that's exactly what they should do. I've put my cards on the table - that's what I am expecting now so they best deliver! ?

I'd quite like a 24 hour spoof announcement of Scott Murray, with full press conference and fanfare.

33 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Why should the club communicate to us what’s going on? Doesn’t happen at any other club when they’re in the process of appointing a new manager so what makes us any different?

45 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Maybe the parents could have hinted to the children that Santa couldn’t manage a bike this year then ?

Perhaps they did and the children ignored them?

What those who say "they could have leaked things via Gregor so people knew it might be Hughton" ignore is that.

1) Gregor MacGregor told everyone Gerrard, not Hughton was the favourite.

2) When some of the national press described Hughton as a done deal, MacGregor made clear no deal had been agreed. 

3) MacGregor has told the fans the club have a number of candidates they are choosing from and it won't just be Hughton.

4) MacGregor floated the idea that Cook, Neil and Holden were all in the fix, suggesting it might not be Hugthon.

It strikes me that REPEATEDLY during the last four weeks, MacGregor has reported in information he has been given suggesting Hughton will not be the manager. So perhaps the club were leaking via MacGregor the whole time to manage expectations and supporters have simply refused to allow their expectations to be managed?

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was on there, because they used to show live streams of away games....but I’ve recently unfollowed.  It really doesn’t do debate!

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Firstly, club aren’t leaking anything, but if they did, then it just adds expectation that it’s someone else.

Yes, I want it announced, but I don’t feel entitled to know any sooner than the club feel necessary.

Imagine they drop hints and it falls through.  As per every player signing, City don’t communicate until a deal is done, then they do their staggered reveal, like Kalas and Wells.  Yes, the media may have gotten wind of it ahead of that, but that’s the way it is.

The point I’m making Dave is more about hints to the media that they aren’t chasing someone, not that they are.

With the vast majority of fans on here listing Hughton as their choice, it would be very easy to get word to GMG that he isn’t a front runner, if the club aren’t seriously going for him, otherwise, aren’t they mismanaging expectations?

When the final appointment is made, we should know the answer to that one, but I really hope it doesn’t come out later that he was never a serious contender.

Archived