IGNORED

THATS LEEDS GONE ....

sticks 1969

1 hour ago, The Batman said:

I'm hating this whole "back where they belong" cow excrement

Since they were last in the prem 16 years ago, they spent 3 of those years in league 1. 

Do they deserve it this year? absolutely. Won't hear the end of it from the media love in they'll get though. 

Throughout there history they have spent more time outside the top league than in it.

So if it's where they belong I'm not sure how anyone is measuring that. 

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Throughout there history they have spent more time outside the top league than in it.

So if it's where they belong I'm not sure how anyone is measuring that. 

It's a quirk of timing.

Leeds were successful right as televised football really started to grab hold. 

Had technology been 50 years further ahead time wise and Huddersfield would be vastly more supported, off the back of their back to back titles under Herbert Chapman.

I'd rather wipe my arse with a glove covered in broken glass than see another post saying "back where they belong." 

It's bad enough seeing Leeds fans post it but I've seen fans from other clubs posting it as well. 

A club only belongs somewhere on their current performance, good clubs go up, better clubs win titles, shit clubs go down. 

If you go down it's because you weren't good enough. Since the end of applying for reelection no league has ever cancelled a relegation because they felt a club "belonged" there. 

Leeds did a good job this season and deserved to win the title. Congrats to their team and fans. 

Oh, and the 10 o'clock news has just asked if "the glory days are back?" now that Leeds have been promoted. The press love in has already started. 

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Must go back a hell of a way then as I've been watching since '75. 

I know they were 'dirty Leeds' etc but, Liverpool and Man U apart, I've never known a club so disliked as Leeds. 

They were Champions of Europe don't you know and played the most boring football possible in the 60s. Every one of their games on MOTD was a 0-0 bore draw.

2 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

but you can’t knock there support ..

You can. Their home crowds.

Leeds population: 750,000. Average 34,000 (one club)

Sheffield population: 518,000. Weds average 24,000 Utd average 26,000 Total 50,000 (minus a few to account for two lots of visiting fans to Leeds's one, but still way more per capita in Sheffield).

Based on last season's crowds.

Even here in Bristol, population 450,000, never won a bloody thing, no European games never mind finals, City 21,000 Rovers 7,000 (?) compares favourably with the number going in Leeds. The quality of their support is more impressive at home than the quantity, for me.

Leeds's away support, though: you can’t knock that. Unless you're a sag, that is .....

Delighted for Luke Ayling. A really good player and a top lad. I was generally supportive of Lee Johnson but that was one decision he got badly wrong in my opinion. 

As for the 'back where they belong' debate, I couldn't really give a toss either way. Leeds were about the biggest club in England when I was a kid, or one of them, but now they're just another team. Not bothered. 

46 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Delighted for Luke Ayling. A really good player and a top lad. I was generally supportive of Lee Johnson but that was one decision he got badly wrong in my opinion. 

As for the 'back where they belong' debate, I couldn't really give a toss either way. Leeds were about the biggest club in England when I was a kid, or one of them, but now they're just another team. Not bothered. 

No LJ apologist at all but I genuinely think that was the owner’s decision after the Cheltenham business.

I couldn’t give a toss about them either, they do possess a weird fanbase (Villa do, too) & we also never seem to get much there, I do remember a 2-2 a few years ago when we were 2 up, but apart from that, I’m really not interested in them.

3 hours ago, Barry Sheene said:

We won't start on minus 6 points next season now they are gone

Spot on!

I can't knock them as the league doesn't' lie but not seeing that **** Bielsa looking at our club like Rich Kids Poor Kids knowing he had LJ in his pocket was tough to take. Hope Brentford follow as if not that's another -6 points so minus 12 then :laugh:

11 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Spot on!

I can't knock them as the league doesn't' lie but not seeing that **** Bielsa looking at our club like Rich Kids Poor Kids knowing he had LJ in his pocket was tough to take. Hope Brentford follow as if not that's another -6 points so minus 12 then :laugh:

Don't forget Preston home that's always another minus 3!

• Admin
18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Sky will be praying Villa get relegated otherwise their EFL coverage will have nobody else to fawn over.

Akinfenwa will probably get his own channel 

I'm suddenly thankful the break between seasons is going to be very short this year so we won't have to listen to Liverpool and Leeds fans bleat on about how good they are

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

No LJ apologist at all but I genuinely think that was the owner’s decision after the Cheltenham business.

I couldn’t give a toss about them either, they do possess a weird fanbase (Villa do, too) & we also never seem to get much there, I do remember a 2-2 a few years ago when we were 2 up, but apart from that, I’m really not interested in them.

Never got to grips with Hernandez and gradually lost control IIRC...

6 hours ago, Sturny said:

That's 2 less fixtures next season that aren't automatic losses ?

I do believe they could really struggle in the prem, from what I've seen they rely on possession heavy football which they won't get so easily up there 

They won't get as much possession certainly, but I'm unsure...in recent weeks they've shown signs they can tough it out a bit too- from a tactical angle they seem quite interesting IMO.

I'd say a key Achilles heel is their finishing- some of their underlying numbers are good, very good. Wolves-esque from 2 years ago believe it or not, defensively speaking!

Shots and shots on target conceded- these are excellent. Will be worse in the PL of course but unlike say Fulham of 2 years ago, Norwich and Aston Villa last season- theirs are excellent. The last 3 were attacking and possession based sides but you could get at them...but that's an oddity with Leeds, they can concede a high proportion of their shots conceded at times.

In case anyone is wondering, they should be compliant FFP wise but big losses...

£19m in bonuses apparently- that's from manager, to player, to tealady probably!

£5m in transfer add-ons as well.

All accounted for under cost of promotion but big losses.

On a footballing note, for me Leeds and Brentford the rightful top 2 although any of the top 3 certainly worthy...West Brom have a lot of merit but just don't fully convince me- certainly since the return from lockdown they have stalled quite badly!

Had a quick look at March. You can only go so far on stats of course, in fact it's but one metric but his end product is less than I assumed it might be- he's versatile of course which gives him an edge...

Similar ages though. Eliasson or March- and I'm comparing like for like here, Championship- definitely Eliasson! Based purely on League games.

Eliasson- 5 goals, and 18 assists in 82 apps. 42 starts and 40 sub appearances.

March- 7 goals and 5 assists in 76 apps. 35 starts and 41 sub appearances.

Interestingly, his most productive return- in terms of assists at least- came last season, 5 in the PL. More space on the break maybe, along with increased development?

Please Bristol City , look at a Leeds United, look at what a respected , decent coach can achieve. 

A settled team, playing a set formation  where each player knows what is expected of them.

A manager / coach who will use the players already at the club (with a few additions) 

Which in turn has led to promotion 

Leeds is not a place i would describe as a lovely away day.

If you like going straight to the ground then yes.

The walk from the station, hmmm pretty sure wouldnt describe that as lovely.

From what i saw even shirt wearing normal fans can get a dig there.

I lived up there for 2 years, and take it from me they pretty much hate everybody.

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They won't get as much possession certainly, but I'm unsure...in recent weeks they've shown signs they can tough it out a bit too- from a tactical angle they seem quite interesting IMO.

I'd say a key Achilles heel is their finishing- some of their underlying numbers are good, very good. Wolves-esque from 2 years ago believe it or not, defensively speaking!

Shots and shots on target conceded- these are excellent. Will be worse in the PL of course but unlike say Fulham of 2 years ago, Norwich and Aston Villa last season- theirs are excellent. The last 3 were attacking and possession based sides but you could get at them...but that's an oddity with Leeds, they can concede a high proportion of their shots conceded at times.

Will they be in for Afobe ?

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

In case anyone is wondering, they should be compliant FFP wise but big losses...

£19m in bonuses apparently- that's from manager, to player, to tealady probably!

£5m in transfer add-ons as well.

All accounted for under cost of promotion but big losses.

On a footballing note, for me Leeds and Brentford the rightful top 2 although any of the top 3 certainly worthy...West Brom have a lot of merit but just don't fully convince me- certainly since the return from lockdown they have stalled quite badly!

Do we get an add on to the Ayling deal for promotion to the Prem ?

51 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Leeds is not a place i would describe as a lovely away day.

If you like going straight to the ground then yes.

The walk from the station, hmmm pretty sure wouldnt describe that as lovely.

From what i saw even shirt wearing normal fans can get a dig there.

I lived up there for 2 years, and take it from me they pretty much hate everybody.

Especially man united 

they seem to hate them more then anyone 

I worked around the leyton area for a year, for example.

I met loads off good hammers and orient fans from wearing city shirts, training tops in pubs.

Got to have to good convos, and met some intresting people.

Same in glasgow, newcastle, brum.

Even on a non matchday, wearing a city top in leeds i only ever got the evil eye.

To be frank, ive never known that open hostility, anywhere else.

TFFT: Having Leeds and Villa in our division would be as annoying as that season with QPR and Plymouth having a 'love-in' on the Net Centre. 

I posted I thought it would be funny if Leeds imploded again, (well it would) I can't help but think the Lock down break did them a big favour.

6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They deserve it- Bielsa is an excellent manager too- quite a reasonable number of their players were in a squad that finished 15th under Heckingbottom and Christensen 2 seasons ago!

Again a consistent squad of players a few quality additions and they've done it.. Bielsa works hard but they've kept it simple and effective.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Do we get an add on to the Ayling deal for promotion to the Prem ?

Hopefully, but probably wouldn't be much anyway - incredibly Leeds only had to pay City 200k to get him.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/report-confirms-exact-transfer-fee-4242135

One of our worst and most inexplicable sales ever.

Archived