IGNORED

Jude Bellingham (Merged)

Coppello

We've had an embarrassing week on social media but it's been well and truly trumped by Birmingham City. He played a similar number of games and scored the same number of goals as Wes Burns. I'm gutted that we didn't mark his exit with the same gesture. 

Numerous club legends

AC Milan - 3 & 6, for Maldini & baresi 

Ajax - 14 Cruyff 

West Ham - 6 Moore 

Napoli - 10 Maradona

Also to recognise the passing or early retirement of a player

Man city - 23 Foe

Espanyol - 21 Jarque 

Or you could be Birmingham city

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-retire-number-22-18650110.amp?__twitter_impression=true

6 minutes ago, Coppello said:

We've had an embarrassing week on social media but it's been well and truly trumped by Birmingham City. He played a similar number of games and scored the same number of goals as Wes Burns. I'm gutted that we didn't mark his exit with the same gesture. 

Bellingham is seen as thus wonder kid though. Slight difference. 

Fee was over £20m and could rise to £30m!

• The title was changed to Jude Bellingham (Merged)

Good, the same club that was giving it big spuds a few seasons ago with 'Arry' trying to nick our players with the arrogance of their fans on how much of a big team they are..

Oh how they look now ?

That's so embarrassing I love they did it to themselves.

I find this very strange. On another note I also think that at this moment  there are no more very talented teenagers kicking a ball around than say 30 years ago it's just that

a, there was no internet stating a top 100 list of young talents and labeling every second football 'oustanding talent' and 'world class'

b, it was harder to scout back then

c, nowdays clubs use these 'incredible youngsters' for a few years and then they realize at 23-24 that they've burned out  

I feel the value and honour is fading and veryone wants new impulses and excitment in place every year os so.

I really don't understand why Birmingham have done this. It really dishonours the whole retiring a number idea. He's not been a great servant through years of service or suffered from misfortune. He's just transferred to another club after what? A season in the first team?

1 hour ago, The Batman said:

Numerous club legends

AC Milan - 3 & 6, for Maldini & baresi 

Ajax - 14 Cruyff 

West Ham - 6 Moore 

Napoli - 10 Maradona

Also to recognise the passing or early retirement of a player

Man city - 23 Foe

Espanyol - 21 Jarque 

Or you could be Birmingham city

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-retire-number-22-18650110.amp?__twitter_impression=true

I know Moore is from East London but I think West Ham are being a bit overboard retiring a shirt number on his behalf. They could at least wait until we give him a full season in the Championship. before making that kind of gesture...

Archived