Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Other Manager Options (Merged)

7 minutes ago, Shelton’s Love Gravy said:

(Although can you imagine Brian Clough & Mark Ashton in the same room??)

Don’t think they’d be in the same room for long and I couldn’t imagine Cloughie leaving!!!

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, ChubStixx said:

We're overdue some discussion on this topic.

I reckon we should go for Chris Hughton.

Is your spellcheck broke?

It's spelt HOUGHTON!  😠

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Patrick Vieira, Ryan Giggs and Vincent Kompany have all been City manager on my Football manager save if that helps.....

I’d take Vieira. No idea what he’s like, but being a midfielder he’d definitely mould our midfield in a similar vein to himself, much like our last head coach did. 🙊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’d take Vieira. No idea what he’s like, but being a midfielder he’d definitely mould our midfield in a similar vein to himself, much like our last head coach did. 🙊

Be interesting if he’s in the mix. He’s a good leader (ex-Arsenal etc). Any links you know of Fordy?

• Haha 1
53 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Did this need another thread?

You can never have too many threads on the same subject

can you? :facepalm:

8 hours ago, Suffolk Red said:

In one season he spent over 3 million in fees but brought in 17+ players (what did that cost in wages and agents fees ), then they played absolutely terribly and Marcus "the mysterious" Evans closed his wallet. They grew to hate Mick and his negative tactics at Ipswich and you're advocating him,  there must be better than him surely!

£3m? Is that all? During his five full seasons at Ipswich Mick brought in over £14m by selling players and 39 of the players he acquired over that time were “free” signings. He rescued a team destined for league one when he arrived and took them to a comfortable 14th place finish. In his next four seasons at Portman Road, Ipswich finished 9th, 6th, 7th and 16th in the Championship - and when he left they were in 12th place. That is an impressive record when his hands were tied financially.

Mick has performed wonders throughout his managerial career, often under severe financial constraints, and his record as boss at Millwall, Sunderland, Wolves, Ipswich and the Republic of Ireland is full of successes.

As for me ‘advocating him’ - my previous post said “we could do a lot worse” - and I believe that. He’s a proven, successful, experienced guy at this level ...

• Like 4
  • elhombrecito changed the title to Is there a press conference today?
  • TomF changed the title to Other Manager Options (Merged)