Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1,100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Ok, maybe clutching at straws here but perhaps:
 

SL wants to appoint DH as he’s a solid trustworthy appointment but rest of the board want a more experienced head & are feeding GMG the story to provoke a negative fans response to demonstrate how bad an idea this is.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I’m still hoping/buying into the smokescreen theory that has been posted on here several times. The theory that Gregor is being played by the club to manage the fan’s reaction when a lesser name than Hughton is announced. Now that Holden has been fed to the fans, if the club announced Neil/Cook everyone will be pleased it’s not Holden. 

I was thinking something similar, that if a Cook or Neil is appointed without the Holden rumours everyone would be gutted as Hughton was the dream for many, now I'd be excited if they appointed 🎅

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Red Alert said:

Ok, maybe clutching at straws here but perhaps:
 

SL wants to appoint DH as he’s a solid trustworthy appointment but rest of the board want a more experienced head & are feeding GMG the story to provoke a negative fans response to demonstrate how bad an idea this is.

 

As the 'board' consists of Steve's mate Doug, who doesn't seem to be involved, his son and Mark Ashton I fear you may be clutching at straws! Unless Mark Ashton is out painting sheets and demanding his own departure...

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

To me it seems like the club want to appoint a "yes man" who will do as they say and just keep running training. "Play the kids more next week" - "Yes sir Mr. Lansdown/Ashton".

Really weak choice.

FIVE weeks of interviews and we're looking to settle on the guy that was part of the bore-fest and distinct averageness we already had? Great stuff. Real inspirational.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

As the 'board' consists of Steve's mate Doug, who doesn't seem to be involved, his son and Mark Ashton I fear you may be clutching at straws! Unless Mark Ashton is out painting sheets and demanding his own departure...

It be could JL - looks pretty similar handwriting to those training tops he designed.

  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Any chance this has been photo shopped? Here's the original..  

Screenshot_20200804-212729_Chrome.jpg

If you look at the date it's 04th August where looking at old news say from July it should be displayed as 4th August.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I’m still hoping/buying into the smokescreen theory that has been posted on here several times. The theory that Gregor is being played by the club to manage the fan’s reaction when a lesser name than Hughton is announced. Now that Holden has been fed to the fans, if the club announced Neil/Cook everyone will be pleased it’s not Holden. 

Is it was pointed out by someone else on this forum, that the news was broken by a different journalist, not Gregor. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

I'm not a fan of the potential appointment, bit premature though ain't it? Also isn't something I would do! Getting the bedsheets out to vent me frustration's at the club. Looks like someone has taken a piss in front of the sign on the left? 😂

...Jesus wept...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AshtonG666 said:

Imagine the scenes if Holden is appointed

Yeah, children moaning on the internet and competing to be the most outraged, whilst most intelligent fans accept the decision and move on.

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Why? Really? You've got a 'fan/s' putting messages on bedsheets about a bloke who hasn't been appointed and didn't do that badly when he was given a chance. 

******* tin pot.

He was part of the problem along with johnson,Holdens done nothing to warrant the job and should of been out the door.. He was lucky players always react when a manager is sacked..Far to inexperienced for me and to take over a month to decide Holden is the man (if true) is embarrassing not the flags!!! ( Let's hope he's not the man).

Edited by Street red
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, CotterillsArmy2 said:

And so It starts

 

I take it Tommy isn’t part of the Lansdown family, or has been Prince Harry’d

38 minutes ago, CotterillsArmy2 said:

And so It starts

 

I take it Tommy isn’t part of the Lansdown family, or has been Prince Harry’d

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AshtonG666 said:

You would be happy and satisfied with Holden ?

Why not? There is logic to it with current circumstances, and as a supporter, I will back him and give him a chance. 
Once the delay in easing restrictions was announced last week, he became the obvious choice in terms of continuity and value. Not the choice in normal circumstances, but it isn’t normal right now. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So we've been kept in suspense for 4 weeks and been linked with individuals such as Chris Hughton, and now we look like appointing somebody with limited managerial experience. With all due respect to Dean Holden, there's a whole world out there to search. Are they sure Dean is the best option available to us?!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It could be that they’re just writing next season off due to the financial restrictions Covid will bring.  Wednesday and Wycombe are as good as down, so we just need to not finish in the final relegation spot. Go cheap, stay up then use the money saved for 21/22 (if Covid has gone by then)

  • Hmmm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CiderJar said:

I'm pinning all of what is left of my hopes on the fact that the official website does not put zeros before single figure dates.

August the 04th be with you.

 

23 minutes ago, Sniper said:

If you look at the date it's 04th August where looking at old news say from July it should be displayed as 4th August.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave a few hours ago.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

It could be that they’re just writing next season off due to the financial restrictions Covid will bring.  Wednesday and Wycombe are as good as down, so we just need to not finish in the final relegation spot. Go cheap, stay up then use the money saved for 21/22 (if Covid has gone by then)

You should apply for a place on the board with a master plan like that

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

It could be that they’re just writing next season off due to the financial restrictions Covid will bring.  Wednesday and Wycombe are as good as down, so we just need to not finish in the final relegation spot. Go cheap, stay up then use the money saved for 21/22 (if Covid has gone by then)

It may well be this - give him a 12 month contract, review next summer and then appoint for the longer term?! 🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

It may well be this - give him a 12 month contract, review next summer and then appoint for the longer term?! 🤷‍♂️

That's all well and good assuming that you keep the side in the division....momentum is so important in the championship, we have seen far better sides on paper than us struggle this season....Boro stoke Huddersforld only to be saved by managerial changes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Maesknoll Red changed the title to If we appoint Holden (Merged Threads)
  • TomF changed the title to Dean Holden (Merged)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...