Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1,100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Notbarrymanc said:

The league vote today might play some role in the decision making. 

Doe we know which outcome could favour a move for Hughton? Is it live on Sky?!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like a lame dog just waiting to be put out of its misery. 

This is getting a little silly. 

And give the moderator message above, I’d just like to say @Bat Fastard, despite our glaring differences of opinion, I wholly respect the way you’ve handled yourself here. Go get yourself a beer. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Maybe it’s a bit of a positive that DH hasn’t been announced yet.  Could he just be standing by as first reserve if other negotiations fall through?

If DH was nailed on, surely it would have been done by now, so there must be other irons in the fire.

Yet again with Bristol City, it’s the hope that kills you 😦

The delay makes no sense - surely the club could announce Holden and a press conference take place at a later date? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mozo said:

Doe we know which outcome could favour a move for Hughton? Is it live on Sky?!

If you think the FA cup draw is boring, this would be a whole new level. Still, bound to be better than the normal dribble on SSN. 
 

I’d imagine a loosening of FFP restrictions for 20/21 would make Hughton more feasible. Whereas a salary cap would make it that much less likely, although, then again it might help to force his hand as he’d have the same restrictions wherever he went. Here’s hoping either way...

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I feel like a lame dog just waiting to be put out of its misery. 

This is getting a little silly. 

And give the moderator message above, I’d just like to say @Bat Fastard, despite our glaring differences of opinion, I wholly respect the way you’ve handled yourself here. Go get yourself a beer. 

Thank you Fordy. Beer is always good!  There are a couple of the usual suspects who used to haunt the politics forum, who like to get rude and personal. No need because we should all be on the same side and the common link is our passion for Bristol City.  It seems that some people cannot tolerate others having views that are not those of the herd. If you read my posts, I just try to look on the bright side and know that we can do nothing about things like choices of managers or players - so we might as well support the ones we are given.  I would like us to sign Lionel Messi, but I will forgive the board if it does not happen.  I just wish they would start playing football again so we can debate that instead.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

so....no white smoke over Ashton Gate then? anyone know where Dean Holden has gone on holiday? He might have to self isolate when he comes back so this may drag on for a while yet

Margate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, daored said:

The delay makes no sense - surely the club could announce Holden and a press conference take place at a later date? 

They sure could and that’s why I’m pinning my hopes on the possibility that someone else (CH or PC?) are still in the frame.  

There deems to be no logic in delaying otherwise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

SURELY the club won't announce him on the roof. They know very well the feeling of this appointment.

Probably a kit launch up there. The last one was done there also. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

They sure could and that’s why I’m pinning my hopes on the possibility that someone else (CH or PC?) are still in the frame.  

There deems to be no logic in delaying otherwise.

Would you really ask 61 year old Chris Hughton to haul himself up on our roof? I think announcing a player signing from there is fine, but a manger is a bit weird. Doesn't feel professional enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I feel like a lame dog just waiting to be put out of its misery. 

This is getting a little silly. 

And give the moderator message above, I’d just like to say @Bat Fastard, despite our glaring differences of opinion, I wholly respect the way you’ve handled yourself here. Go get yourself a beer. 

Once you or @Andy082005 are asking whether we should have just stuck with Lee we'll truly know all hope is lost.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

So much anger.  Incredible really

A drone roof film announcing Holden would have its upsides.   

Get behind Deano if that’s the case. Nobody wanted Cotterill and few wanted LJ. They both progressed the club.  Most fans wanted SOD, Coppell and McInnes

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Once you or @Andy082005 are asking whether we should have just stuck with Lee we'll truly know all hope is lost.

Sign me up to team Holden mate. 

(God I feel like I need a shower now!)

Just now, And Its Smith said:

So much anger.  Incredible really

A drone roof film announcing Holden would have its upsides.   

Get behind Deano if that’s the case. Nobody wanted Cotterill and few wanted LJ. They both progressed the club.  Most fans wanted SOD, Coppell and McInnes

We know best Dave, we know best!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

Holden on the roof signing the bed sheets. JL idea of banter.

Nothing would surprise me any more!  

Just wait for a few cryptic tweets, talk of the excitement building, then an image of a tiny section of the roof.

Then an hour or so later the big reveal ...... Dean Holden grinning on the roof and they’ll wonder why there’s complete meltdown amongst the supporters.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BrizzleRed said:

Nothing would surprise me any more!  

Just wait for a few cryptic tweets, talk of the excitement building, then an image of a tiny section of the roof.

Then an hour or so later the big reveal ...... Dean Holden grinning on the roof and they’ll wonder why there’s complete meltdown amongst the supporters.

 

I'd imagine it would be less the noise of a mob with pitchforks and more the sound of air escaping from a slowly deflating balloon...

I'm hoping for a surprise Hughton reveal and JL saying 'gotcha'...(hoping but not expecting!)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

So much anger.  Incredible really

A drone roof film announcing Holden would have its upsides.   

Get behind Deano if that’s the case. Nobody wanted Cotterill and few wanted LJ. They both progressed the club.  Most fans wanted SOD, Coppell and McInnes

What would be the upsides of that specifically? The reaction they'd get would be terrible and it would make them look totally out of touch.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Would you really ask 61 year old Chris Hughton to haul himself up on our roof? I think announcing a player signing from there is fine, but a manger is a bit weird. Doesn't feel professional enough.

61 year old people can very easily walk up steps 😉

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Finley_Smith10 said:

Tbf I know it’s a Small small chance but what if when all those rumours of Hughton agreeing was true and he’s signed but we’ve just been waiting to announce or get the paperwork done 

Then all is fine in the world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Just saw on twitter that the drone is up on the roof - interesting!

 I know Dean's got a Manchester accent, but calling him a drone is a bit harsh... ;)

What we need is Shedman with some binoculars to confirm who goes up there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...