Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

If we appoint Holden I will...   

1,100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

61 year old people can very easily walk up steps 😉

Its when Hughton is pushed down  the steps and then Holden steps over the body at the bottom of the steps holding a city scarf aloft that the trouble really starts!

Edited by TRL
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

SURELY the club won't announce him on the roof. They know very well the feeling of this appointment.

If they announce DH on the roof then that's it I'm done, would be utterly ridiculous ...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, old parkender said:

Has there been any paper talk or rumours of Hughton being interviewed by anyone else?

The local paper in Watford reported him being "interested" in the job there but that's about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

So much anger.  Incredible really

A drone roof film announcing Holden would have its upsides.   

Get behind Deano if that’s the case. Nobody wanted Cotterill and few wanted LJ. They both progressed the club.  Most fans wanted SOD, Coppell and McInnes

Nonsense.

Great appointment by Dawe.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I'd imagine it would be less the noise of a mob with pitchforks and more the sound of air escaping from a slowly deflating balloon...

I'm hoping for a surprise Hughton reveal and JL saying 'gotcha'...(hoping but not expecting!)

Oh I really hope so. Seems about the only thing that could save this situation now

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

So Twitter seems to be saying there is a drone flying around the roof right now?

I can see that there is no-one on the roof at present, and no drone flying around. Sorry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

The local paper in Watford reported him being "interested" in the job there but that's about it.

I sense CH is too proud and professional to simply go to a club where he might get half a season simply to go through the courts for a payoff.

I can see him suiting Bournemouth though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I do feel sorry for holden in all this, none of this is his fault

He should do the honourable thing and turn down the job, telling Ashton that Hughton is the sensible appointment. He’d have my upmost respect then. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He should do the honourable thing and turn down the job, telling Ashton that Hughton is the sensible appointment. He’d have my upmost respect then. 

Are you for real?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yozzarian said:

So Twitter seems to be saying there is a drone flying around the roof right now?

Not sure about a drone, but the tides in this morning and I saw a small boat heading towards the lock gates at Hotwells.  Maybe Holden coming back from his holiday?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pongo88 said:

Not sure about a drone, but the tides in this morning and I saw a small boat heading towards the lock gates at Hotwells.  Maybe Holden coming back from his holiday?

I can't use emjois for some reason but this did make me laugh

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He should do the honourable thing and turn down the job, telling Ashton that Hughton is the sensible appointment. He’d have my upmost respect then. 

Why should he, I wouldnt turn down a promotion and payrise and he shouldn't ether

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As many have said, feel sorry for Holden. Not his fault. Of course he has to take it if offered. Only get out of jail I can see for the club and leadership is to surround Holden with Walsh, Morrell, Massengo and Semenyo in the reveal photo/video and preach the youth development strategy until the cows come home...

Also, Gregor McGregor unusually quiet on posting his own tweets this morning when theres a lot of chatter about impending reveal. Press may already be under embargo if being revealed today - hence radio silence.
 

**EDIT**

And just to show me up and dispel any theory; Gregor tweets within 5mins of posting

Edited by ReturnedRobin
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Redandproud said:

No, his words, not applying for the job, Bxxxsxxt

He probably didn't. They've come to him when all other (progressive, logical, well thought out and slightly more expensive) options have been exhausted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ReturnedRobin said:

As many have said, feel sorry for Holden. Not his fault. Of course he has to take it if offered. Only get out of jail I can see for the club and leadership is to surround Holden with Walsh, Morrell, Massengo and Semenyo in the reveal photo/video and preach the youth development strategy until the cows come home...

Also, Gregor McGregor unusually quiet on posting his own tweets this morning when theres a lot of chatter about impending reveal. Press may already be under embargo if being revealed today - hence radio silence.
 

**EDIT**

And just to show me up and dispel any theory; Gregor tweets within 5mins of posting

That would just be more depressing :laugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...