Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Head of Comms.


Recommended Posts

Amateurish to say the least. I've been banging on about this on other threads. A lot of the needless hysteria on here and facefuck could have been avoided with a well thought out and planned series of posts, tweets and news releases.

Edited by Phillythe kid
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, BigTone said:

What day is it today ?

It doesnt matter what day it is, a player shouldnt have to announce he hasnt been offered a new contract the club should of, when it issued its retained list

Is ******* disgraceful from the current laughing stock of the the championship 

Edited by Monkeh
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It doesnt matter what day it is, a player shouldnt have to announce he hasnt been offered a new contract the club should of, when it issued its retained list

Is ******* disgraceful from the current laughing stock of the the championship 

Maybe I missed the issueing of the retained list. And by the way it does matter what day it is. Other than that a newspaper (in the very loose definition of the word) should not be publishing false stories causing embarrasment to a player (most of all) or anyone else for that matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I think the clubs comms have been instructed by the hierarchy not to say anything.

You’re very close to the truth there. The communication team can only post what and when they’re told to. They’re instructions come from MA. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You’re very close to the truth there. The communication team can only post what and when they’re told to. They’re instructions come from MA. 
 

 

Not when there are falsehoods, assumptions and conspiracies to be rebuked Robbo.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You’re very close to the truth there. The communication team can only post what and when they’re told to. They’re instructions come from MA. 
 

 

 Part of your job as media manager is to advise the higher ups when lack of communication looks bad.

It's easy enough to put out holding statements that don't say much but keep fan disquiet tamped down.

That basically has been how the government has been operating throughout this year!

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

 Part of your job as media manager is to advise the higher ups when lack of communication looks bad.

It's easy enough to put out holding statements that don't say much but keep fan disquiet tamped down.

That basically has been how the government has been operating throughout this year!

Fancy the job?

In all seriousness I do wonder if some jobs are being lost all across Bristol City (and perhaps Bristol Sport)?  If two of the analysts have gone, maybe others too.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Fancy the job?

In all seriousness I do wonder if some jobs are being lost all across Bristol City (and perhaps Bristol Sport)?  If two of the analysts have gone, maybe others too.

 There will still be people there. Even if the department is a bit lighter than it was. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It doesnt matter what day it is, a player shouldnt have to announce he hasnt been offered a new contract the club should of, when it issued its retained list

Is ******* disgraceful from the current laughing stock of the the championship 

Not just the championship.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

 Part of your job as media manager is to advise the higher ups when lack of communication looks bad.

It's easy enough to put out holding statements that don't say much but keep fan disquiet tamped down.

That basically has been how the government has been operating throughout this year!

In fairness to them in this situation they’d been quiet on twitter all weekend and it looks like Korey forced them into something today. I guess they had to then act as bad as it looked 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TomF said:

In fairness to them in this situation they’d been quiet on twitter all weekend and it looks like Korey forced them into something today. I guess they had to then act as bad as it looked 

Personally, I'd have Tweeted as soon as the decision to not pursue an extension had been taken (although a proper "tribute" story might take a while longer to prepare).

As we've seen, when you try to sit on news for a while it has the potential to bite you on the bum!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Well, it's my birthday for a start (🤢 - too much birthday cake)!!

 Happy birthday SL of S. 

Don't attempt candles on a cake. Cuts have affected the D&S force's ability to deal with wildfires. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red Alert said:

Whoever is responsible for the clubs communications needs to be fired. 

The KS statement today is the final straw is accepting the level of club Comms being provided.

Since the beginning of the year it’s gone backwards. Appreciate the Covid complications but is that really an excuse? Can’t see the correlation - you can work remotely and coordinate a rollout of communications via all channels - every other business appears capable at the moment.

Dave Barton and that Ryan bloke can **** off, they both represent the club and do it so poorly.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

 Happy birthday SL of S. 

Don't attempt candles on a cake. Cuts have affected the D&S force's ability to deal with wildfires. 

I have it on good authority that he has 5 fire extinguishers, 4 fire blankets and 6 buckets of sand standing by just in case.

Thanks to Gregor McGregor for the information.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

It doesnt matter what day it is, a player shouldnt have to announce he hasnt been offered a new contract the club should of, when it issued its retained list

Is ******* disgraceful from the current laughing stock of the the championship 

I supposed you've missed Wigan, Sheffield Wednesday and derby. 

Things aren't great but we are far, far away from being 'the laughing stock of the championship' 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...